Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This isn't exactly a problem yet, but I'm starting to wonder. I know lots of people are having issues with their backups and I'm hoping that I don't have anything to worry about.

I checked the backup screen and it shows that my daily backup was last done on the 16th and its now the 20th. Now that was a manual backup with me clicking the backup button. Before that, the last backup was way back on the 9th and I don't exactly remember if it was auto or manual.

Any idea if I should be concerned? I'm not running any homebrew or patches or anything.

Thanks!

---dcross9818
    I've notice the same thing. Auto backup doesn't work since 1.3.1 upgrade. I have added a few apps from the catalog, but haven't rooted or done anything advanced to my Pre. I did change my time zone manually, otherwise it thinks I'm in the Cayman islands which makes all allerts 1 hour early.
    I had the same problem. After reading this board, I found that if you turn off the backup, wait a couple of minutes, then turn it back on it will work again. Mine has worked every day since I did that. Don't worry about the warning when turning it off. You will be starting over-fresh.
  4.    #4  
    OK, I'll give it a shot, lol hopefully it works and I'll post as such tomorrow!

Thanks!

---dcross9818
    All you have to do is turn if off, delete the backup, then turn it back on again. Do a manual backup just in case. It will then begin to auto backup every day.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ,,, just noticed, my Pre hasn't done a back-up since Dec 4th! Nice job Palm! ... you're really starting to suck

Thanks to the OP for noticing. I'm sure Palm would never even admit the problem, much less inform us to the fact that there is a problem with our devices not backing up.

Seems like everyday there is something else not working the way it was supposed to. email notifications, calendar sync, back-ups... what's next?
    The near-daily posts about this same exact issue is astonishing. Although, I won't rush to judgment, since it's possible the search was broken at the time.
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Astonishing, huh? Maybe there are new users just discovering the problem.

...and the search tool here can be less than helpful, esp. to a new user.

Some people don't spend a whole lot of time here, and it's easy to get "lost".

...and, _I_ find it astonishing that webOS is sucking so bad, as of late. ...more bugs and issues are being noticed every day. ...and I have every right to complain. (pre-emptive, "oh, these damm whiners, I wish they would all go away..." strike.)

Funny, whining, about the whiners. ;-)

Everyone, especially frustrated Pre owners have every right to complain about issues that should not be issues in the first place.
    the only reason the search function is less than useful is because there are hundreds of duplicate posts of the same damn thing.

I'll agree on the bugs, though.
    no 'Thanks'
    If you turn Back Up off the Pre says it will delete data in the Palm Profile, if Back Up is then turned back on are you possibly going to have lost something you might need ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernlanes View Post
    If you turn Back Up off the Pre says it will delete data in the Palm Profile, if Back Up is then turned back on are you possibly going to have lost something you might need ?
    That's my worry too and why I am just backing up manually until the next update.
    No.

Unless you some how are really unlucky and someone smashes your phone with a hammer in the 15 seconds it takes to turn off back up, delete the backup and execute a manual backup. If your that unlucky you will probably get hit by a bus on your way to the sprint store to get a replacement anyways.

If you dont do what I am telling you, your autobackup will not work. It is a bug but a pretty minor one in the grand scheme of things.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    No.

Unless you some how are really unlucky and someone smashes your phone with a hammer in the 15 seconds it takes to turn off back up, delete the backup and execute a manual backup. If your that unlucky you will probably get hit by a bus on your way to the sprint store to get a replacement anyways.

If you dont do what I am telling you, your autobackup will not work. It is a bug but a pretty minor one in the grand scheme of things.
    I did as you suggested, turned it off, deleted the backup. Now it won't turn back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gray Hair View Post
    I did as you suggested, turned it off, deleted the backup. Now it won't turn back on.
    honk!! Honk!! Here comes the bus!!!
    my last backup was 12/4/09! What gives with palm?

They fix one thing with an update and 12 other problems emerge!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gray Hair View Post
    Turned mine off, went ok when I turned it back on .. will tomorrow if it Auto Backs Up.
    Turned mine off, went ok when I turned it back on .. will tomorrow if it Auto Backs Up.
    Tried this already and didnt work. Another 1.3.1 break that waiting for 1.3.5 for
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    All you have to do is turn if off, delete the backup, then turn it back on again. Do a manual backup just in case. It will then begin to auto backup every day.
    I did that and now ALL of my contacts are on my phone!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    It'll back up everyday for a while. Keep an eye on it. Mine stopped backing up again on the 19th. Do over.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast