1.    #1  
    I've just noticed that when I view my google calendar on the Pre, the records go back only 3 months, yet my actual Google calendar records go back years. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? BTW, I deleted this particular google cal account on the Pre and then added it again, but still see no records older than about 3 months.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    That was how Palm sped up the Calendar. 90 days of history.

Just downlowd Google Calendar search and you easily find your history.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Just curious, why would you want to look back at events that old anyway? Nostalgia?
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    Just curious, why would you want to look back at events that old anyway? Nostalgia?
    In business you often need to look up when the last time you met with a certain person or company. The last time you traveled to a certain location. Where you stayed when you went there. I think you might get the idea.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    That makes sense. Good point. I hadn't thought of that before, probably would have sped up the recollecting process on a few occasions...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    That was how Palm sped up the Calendar. 90 days of history.

Just downlowd Google Calendar search and you easily find your history.
    Yeah no doubt Google Calendar search is handy, but still, its vexing that my Pre's calender only displays recent records (relatively). Also, on some, not too often, occasions i need some calender history and I have no data connection or wifi, which, rules out Google Calendar search. I'm concerned that this might be a symptom of a deeper problem, maybe a problem I've caused, though my set up is pretty basic. Anyone else with this problem?
    Last edited by eekinsman; 12/18/2009 at 09:57 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Beans am I seein things or did you JUST NOW change your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    That makes sense. Good point. I hadn't thought of that before, probably would have sped up the recollecting process on a few occasions...
    eekinsman did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm seeing the same issue.
    I would like to know how this was resolved too. I keep meeting notes in my calendar notes, and like to be able to go back...as far as I need to. I definitely am in places with no signal to do a online calendar search, any good solutions yet?
    Sprint store rep said this is a bug. no idea who, Sprint or Palm or Google ( my guess( is on the hook to fix. Guess we need to hope 1.4 may fix this. As you may see, the calendar search app does find the data but it will not show when you click.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsdfs View Post
    As you may see, the calendar search app does find the data but it will not show when you click.
    Yeah. Nice going, Palm.

-How to extract important details from a PDA appointment 6 months from today's date-

Treo 755p: 1.CONTROL>2.SHIFT>3.KEYWORD>4.OK = In less than 2 seconds an entire list of calendar entries containing the target keyword appears, most recent entry at the top of the list.

Pre/Pixi: 1.LAUNCHER(WaitForLoading)>2.GOOGLECalendarSearchApp(WaitForLoading)>3.KEYWORD>4.POPUPARROW> 5.SELECTbackward/forward/both>6.SEARCHICON>7.WaitFor1-2MinutesForSearch> 8.TakeNoteOfApptDateAndMemorizeForNextSteps>9.MINIMIZESearchWindow> 10.LAUNCHER(WaitForLoading)>11.CalendarApp(WaitForLoading)>12.TapTopBar>13.EnterMONTH> 14.EnterDay>15.EnterYear>16.SelectJUMPtoDATE(WaitForLoading) = In a total of approximately 3 1/2 minutes a blank Google Calendar page will appear where your appointment should have been. And don't even think about searching for a keyword in the Google "description" field for an appointment. Not possible--even if you just entered the information yesterday. You cannot do a webOS calendar search of any text or details you enter into that field.

How can a webOS software engineer even begin to defend this trainwreck of a calendar?
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.