Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I was hoping the browser changes in the 1.3.5 update would somehow magically fix this issue, but apparently not. Boo. It's not like Facebook is vital to my life or anything, but it's frustrating that it just quit displaying properly like that.
    Do/did any of you have the iphone agent spoof installed? I initially thought that might have been the problem. Just curious.
    nope i never installed that patch and it still happens.
    I believe the issues you're talking about are problems with facebook... with the touch.facebook.com theres no way to view the live feed as opposed to the news feed on the touch version... on the lite.facebook.com version you can switch to live feed while maintaining usability
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with Palm Tech and they had me do a reset through the "device info" app in the launcher (after making sure I had updated to the 1.3.5 version, which I had). They had me click on "reset options" and then click "restart".

After the restart I launched Facebook and things are working fine right now. I hadn't been able to update my status for weeks and now it works and shows none of the other issues (yet) like blank comment spaces and crazy font size variation.

I'll report back if this solution doesn't continue to work.
    the only temporary fix i've found for this is going to one of the comment boxes under an item in the feed and pressing orange+space. Whenever I do that the site goes completely back to normal.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Never mind.....back to the drawing board!
    I'm not sure if there is anything we can do.. Other people on other devices are having the same problems. It must be a FB issue. Hopefully they fix it, although it has been broken for a while now...
    It's certainly annoying. MySpace.com's full site works just fine, Facebook's should too.
    I'm confused as to what the problem you're having with it not displaying properly... like is it the fact the feeds time is off? or is it like a sizing issue within the browser? if you're using the touch.facebook.com it's gonna be screwy I believe because it only gets certain feeds... the lite version will get all the feeds so long as the "All Stories" link open... and to get to the full version of facebook go to Login | Facebook hopefully your problem can be fixed soon until then these have helped me they're all bookmarked in my phone (I'm a facebook ***** haha)
    During loading the font size bounces back and forth between normal and tiny. I often can't select objects, say to 'comment' or 'like' a post. If I can get a dialog box open to make a comment, the COMMENT button is often hidden, and if I can manage to click it, it may or may not post the comment, but it certainly doesn't get updated on the screen. I tried lite.facebook and at least initially, the feed is several days old. Refreshing didn't help. It's very funky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    the only temporary fix i've found for this is going to one of the comment boxes under an item in the feed and pressing orange+space. Whenever I do that the site goes completely back to normal.
    actually you just need to hit space I think

has this worked for anyone else.
    that would be super cool if palm fixed the facebook app so it wasn't just for viewing status.
    space bar doesnt work for me... lol. This is extremely frustrating!

Lite.facebook.com seems like a good alternative in the mean time. Thanks for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    I haven't tried that, but have found that if your cursor is in the comment box, push the Shift key and everything (including the box to post the comment) shows up again. BTW, if you type and hit to post, the comment will go through and show up on Facebook even though you won't see it on your Pre without refreshing the page.

Does anybody know if Facebook plans to fix this issue?! It has been several weeks, if not a month, now! It is very irritating. I first have to go to the regular site to check my notifications, then to the lite site to read everything else, and then back to the regular site to play MafiaWars (which Zynga finally fixed a few weeks ago, thankfully!).
    You can go to the mobile site for notifications. I don't like the lite.facebook notification system, so I use touch.facebook.com for that. I use lite.facebook for everything else though. I'm still hoping that they fix the full site. It's been a month or so now and it's getting annoying.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I've spoken with Palm Tech about the Facebook problem, have an assigned "service request" number and after three calls, they still say they don't why I'm having these problems. As if no one else has experienced this! They act like I'm the only person that has mentioned to them that Palm and Facebook aren't compatible right now. The lite and touch versions are weak and have their own limitations, but at least you can type in comments and change your status.
    Well, facebook just redesigned their site and the full site is still having the same disappearing text and formating issues. It looks like we're not making any progress here.

As for touch.facebook.com, it seems that is our best option for viewing Facebook. Maybe someday we'll get a decent FB app...
    Palm just tweeted that the full version of fb works after the 1.4 update. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Palm just tweeted that the full version of fb works after the 1.4 update. =)
    I just checked this out a little bit ago and found the full version to be working and wanted to get on here and bump this thread, but didn't have time to search for it. LOL

It IS working and FULLY functional!
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast