Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone having problems logging into their Gmail accounts from a computer? I have always kept Gmail open in a Firefox tab for years while I'm at work. I commonly chat and e-mail clients throughout the day. I got a Palm Pre in the beginning of October and while I was at work with Gmail open, I went to see if I had an e-mail and I was on a screen saying I was in "Account Lockdown: Unusual Activity Detected". I sent an e-mail to technical support after finding no solutions in the help section. I never got a reply. Happened again 1 time in November.

    Starting yesterday, (2009-12-14) I've been locked out 4 times now. I can still access my e-mail, contacts and chat from the Pre but I can't access from a computer. Still no reply from Gmail support after 6 lockouts and 6 corresponding e-mails. I'm finding many people with the same problem have just appeared all over the Gmail forum. Anyone here having problems or know of a solution?

    I'm running the latest official upgrade from palm (webOS 1.3.1), no patches or modifications. The sync is set to show e-mail from last 7 days and get e-mail every 5 minutes.

    Thank you
  2. #2  
    I'm not having any problems with gmail on my computer or my phone.
  3.    #3  
    Most I've asked hasn't but I'm beginning to see more and more people getting locked out from accessing their Gmail account from the computer. Just looking for any thoughts or ideas since I'm not receiving any help elsewhere.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I'm not having any problems with gmail on my computer or my phone.
    Bevcraw, How is your pre setup to check gmail? Maybe if you and sadkuh compare settings (as he already posted in his OP), sadkuh can mimic your settings and see if they stop the account lock outs.

    Or for that matter, anyone that has zero problems with their Pre checking Gmail, what are your settings so the OP can compare? I think that would be most useful.


    Its still interesting to me that it works on his PRE even though from a web browser interface on a PC, he's locked out.
    Last edited by blacknoi; 12/15/2009 at 01:27 PM.
  5.    #6  
    Thank you but that has nothing to do with this issue. That article you posted is if you can't log in. I can log in just fine, I just can't get to Gmail after I log in. When you log into Google with your name and password, you have access to many features within Google, I just can't get to the Gmail aspect of it. When I click on the Gmail button, I'm being told "Account Lockdown: Unusual Activity Detected". I've been locked out 4 times now today from viewing my e-mail online. I can still see everything from my Palm Pre but I can't access my Gmail account from a computer.
  6. #7  
    My Gmail is just fine. My settings are as such:

    Account Name: Gmail

    Full Name: its the same as in my gmail

    New Message: Show Icon (On), Play Sound (On)

    Signature: blank

    Sync: Show email (7 days), Get email (15 minutes)

    Default folders: Sent ([Gmail]/Sent Mail), Drafts ([Gmail]/Drafts), Trash ([Gmail]/Trash)

    Login Settings:

    Mail Type: IMAP

    Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com

    Username: ****@gmail.com
    password: ****
    encryption: SSL
    Port#: 993

    Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
    Use authentication (On)
    username: ****@gmail.com
    password: ****
    encryption: SSL
    port#: 465

    root folder: blank
  7. vnmous1's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sadkuh View Post
    Thank you but that has nothing to do with this issue. That article you posted is if you can't log in. I can log in just fine, I just can't get to Gmail after I log in. When you log into Google with your name and password, you have access to many features within Google, I just can't get to the Gmail aspect of it. When I click on the Gmail button, I'm being told "Account Lockdown: Unusual Activity Detected". I've been locked out 4 times now today from viewing my e-mail online. I can still see everything from my Palm Pre but I can't access my Gmail account from a computer.

    Virus from your PC account access?

    bj
  8.    #9  
    @zulfaqar621, thank you. I checked my settings and I'm setup the exact same way except it's checking my mail every 5 minutes.

    @vnmous1, I already checked that once yesterday and twice today. Everything clean with scans from multiple programs.

    I may have figured it out but I'll need to see if I get locked out anymore. I found a post from 3 years ago regarding Gmail and Firefox add-ons. This person found that a certain add-on were making Gmail think something it shouldn't have been and it kept locking their account. I didn't have anything else to try so I uninstalled any add-ons that worked with or alongside Gmail and I've been good for the last few hours. I think it may have been an add-on called "Iconix". It was used to verify email to make sure it really came from who it claimed to come from. Anyway, time will tell.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    My Gmail is just fine. My settings are as such:

    Account Name: Gmail

    Full Name: its the same as in my gmail

    New Message: Show Icon (On), Play Sound (On)

    Signature: blank

    Sync: Show email (7 days), Get email (15 minutes)

    Default folders: Sent ([Gmail]/Sent Mail), Drafts ([Gmail]/Drafts), Trash ([Gmail]/Trash)

    Login Settings:

    Mail Type: IMAP

    Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com

    Username: ****@gmail.com
    password: ****
    encryption: SSL
    Port#: 993

    Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
    Use authentication (On)
    username: ****@gmail.com
    password: ****
    encryption: SSL
    port#: 465

    root folder: blank
    My setup is similar, except I have a signature and mine is set up to get email as items arrive (push). I don't get that many emails so it is not a real battery drain.
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sadkuh View Post
    @zulfaqar621, thank you. I checked my settings and I'm setup the exact same way except it's checking my mail every 5 minutes.

    @vnmous1, I already checked that once yesterday and twice today. Everything clean with scans from multiple programs.

    I may have figured it out but I'll need to see if I get locked out anymore. I found a post from 3 years ago regarding Gmail and Firefox add-ons. This person found that a certain add-on were making Gmail think something it shouldn't have been and it kept locking their account. I didn't have anything else to try so I uninstalled any add-ons that worked with or alongside Gmail and I've been good for the last few hours. I think it may have been an add-on called "Iconix". It was used to verify email to make sure it really came from who it claimed to come from. Anyway, time will tell.
    I also use Firefox, but I don't have many add-ons. I don't have "Iconix."
  11. #12  
    So it works on your phone but not on your PC? That shoudl tell you its something with your computer.

    So try using a different computer or maybe use something other than Firefox and see if the issue persists (chrome, outlook etc). It sounds like something is trying to hack your gmail on your PC.

    Under MSCONFIG check your start up items (google the names to see what they are etc)

    Run a registry scan

    re-image as a last or first resort.

Posting Permissions