1.    #1  
    I go into the email to add account, put in my email address and password, and it comes back with the error below.

Unable To Sign In
    Could not sign in to account.

The mail server responded: Web login required (failure)

Any ideas how to fix this? I tried setting it up manually but was also unsuccessful. However I may have done it incorrectly when attempting the manual set up. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Then I get it to finally set up as an account, it now is telling me the following:

Login credentials rejected
    Tap to update password

I made sure the password is correct several times and it keeps telling me the same thing.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
    Have you enabled POP3 or IMAP in your gmail account from the web interface ?
    Verify that you can login via the web interface. (gmail.com)

Verify that the account has IMAP access allowed in settings.

Delete the current gmail account on your phone.

Create a new one and enter email and password.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Maybe we should this together into a single thread since the OP has created two : http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...lp-please.html
  5.    #5  
    POP and IMAP are both enalbed in my settings. What now? Thanks for your help by the way!
    Can you collect via POP or IMAP from another mail client (e.g. on a PC or Mac) ?

If you can - then definitely delete the account from your Pre - editing settings doesn't seem to work reliably - and create the account again using the settings that work on the other machine.
  7.    #7  
    I'm not sure I follow you. I can log into Gmail on my Sony lap top and my work computer and receive email. I also have hotmail set up and it works fine on my pre.

I've tried deleting gmail from my phone, restarting it, and adding it again and the same errors come up.
    When you say you can log on to Gmail do you mean that you can log on in a Web browser or that you can use something like Outlook Express or Thunderbird to access your mail ?
  9.    #9  
    I mean go to google.com click on gmail and log in with my user name and password. It worked yesterday morning for like an hour. I received email from my gmail account to my phone, then it went back to the log in credentials error and will not receive mail again. I hve no idea what's going on.