1.    #1  
    Palm pre can do without?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Have not tried it but it is my understanding that the Pre will sync with ITunes up through version 9.0.1. You can't use the newest version 9.0.2.
    Sorry to be that guy, but it's your own fault for locking yourself into itunes. If Itunes is that important to you, perhaps you should own an iphone. It's never a good idea to give your data, especially your data that you paid for, to someone else and they are the only ones who will then give you access. Think about it.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Just tried my Pre with WebOS 1.3.1 using ITunes 9.0.1. Works just fine to sync with my Pre. Only issue is when I told ITunes to Eject, the Pre showed it disconnected, then ITunes displayed an error saying it can't disconnected because it's in use (which it is not). The Pre then automatically reconnected to ITunes. I just manually unplugged the Pre without issue. None the less, all files downloaded using ITunes were correctly synced with my Pre and play fine.
    The Pre is not, and has never been compatible with iTunes sync. Any ability to sync with iTunes is the product of a Palm sponsored hack which they have abandoned for the time being. Move on.
    glad to know someone has 1.3.1 working with itunes 9.0.1. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sky0204_hut View Post
    Palm pre can do without?
    I would look into getting double twist or media monkey. They will solve your problems.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I have 1.3.1 and itunes 9.0.1. It does not sync the music well cause some songs do not work but the photos were perfect.
    i sync my 1.3.1 pre with itunes 9.0.1 and it works great. I dont sync the photos because they take up to much space. I use a different program that makes them smaller and then copys them to my pre.
    Just use 9.0.1 and don't upgrade.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    9.0.1 direct download links to Apple's caching servers - you can only get 9.0.2+ from the official itunes page now.

OSX
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....Tunes9.0.1.dmg

Windows64
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....nes64Setup.exe

Windows32
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....TunesSetup.exe
    I don't understand what to do after I have my music on Itunes. How do I get the music on the pre now?
    Quote Originally Posted by apollooff320 View Post
    I don't understand what to do after I have my music on Itunes. How do I get the music on the pre now?
    Connect your Pre, tap media sync, itunes will see your Pre as an ipod. Drag and drop music/videos. It will not play protected music though (purchased from itunes).
    Itunes is not seeing my pre. The Ipod selection part under file is greyed out. I'm using the version of Itunes that was linked in this thread. At first I had the newest version so I uninstalled it.
    Try a different USB port. What version does itunes show in the about itunes?
    I used my vista 32bit version partion and got it to work by installing 8.2 version. I think i'm going to have to go into my registry to delete some files to clear I tunes off my Windows 7 partiion so I can reinstall Itunes and maybe it will show up. I think me installing the new version of Itunes screwed me up.
    If you have a registry cleaner, that would probably work for you.
    is there anything i can do if i have 1.3.1 AND 9.0.2? i want itunes to see my pre as an ipod, but it wont
    You can drag and drop into your pre from itunes. I made a music folder on my laptop, drag and drop into the folder than drag the folder into my pre. I am able to play all the songs i have in itunes, songs i bought and songs i put in itunes from a cd.