Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok I am running vista32 bit and updated version of Itunes. Loved being able to sync my itunes with pre. Solved everything for me an all in one device. I went as far as created my own email exchange server at home so i can use that function on the pre as well. Ok so my issue is that since i updated my itunes no longer syncs, well i know the cat mouse game they are playing. No big deal here comes double twist and songbird. Well i can't figure out how to get my pre to be noticed by either. When i click on media sync on the pre the comp goes into found new hardware, weird.... Worked before. Then it prompts to find the novacom driver... weird worked before. Can't find it so it boots the pre out of media mode. So if anyone knows how to fix this i would appreciate the help. I know i got long winded but now you know!!!!!
    has anyone tried out copytrans manager and gotten it work?

I tried and got it to recognize my pre as an ipod video but there was no way to sync my folders. All the icons were greyed out.

the info on lifehacker.com seems to indicate this would be a perfect replacement of itunes. I would love to be able to get to work.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I would love to get something to work smoothly again. loved it when itunes worked. I can't even get my pre to function in media sunc on my desktop
    You might want to install Novacomd again or just downgrade itunes again. 9.0.1 still works well for the Pre. Flawless sync for media/video.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i tried installing novacomd again and it still failed????? what could i be doing wrong??
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I have the same problem, i have the older version of itunes that still works with the pre but my computer running XP wont recognize the pre and says novacom is missing...

tried reinstalling novacom through quick install but no luck either.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Actually got this thru another thread and seems to work for me...

if you go to start>run>services.msc
    it will open up the services list

scroll down to 'palm novacom'
    right click and select 'stop'

with the service stopped the pre can be ejected properly

i should mention that you'll probably have to reverse this process to enable the novacom service to use any of it's features when you plug the pre back in....or restart your computer

I just kept novacom stopped, plugged in the pre, and then restarted up novacom.

worked!