1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone... well my boss and I just got the Palm Pre. We are coming from Palm Treos. I've got our email on there with no problem and I did the first and only USB sync that palm has to get contacts, calendar and all of the other stuff from your old sync to it..

Here is the problem... how do I sync our Outlook calendar to it? Our calendars are not on networks and not on computers that are wireless. If I can't get this MAJOR function for us to work (and i need it to exchange back and forth) then we have to return the phonesand go with something else.

Sooooo.... can anyone help me with this?

thanks,
    Joanne
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwerstlein View Post
    Hello Everyone... well my boss and I just got the Palm Pre. We are coming from Palm Treos. I've got our email on there with no problem and I did the first and only USB sync that palm has to get contacts, calendar and all of the other stuff from your old sync to it..

Here is the problem... how do I sync our Outlook calendar to it? Our calendars are not on networks and not on computers that are wireless. If I can't get this MAJOR function for us to work (and i need it to exchange back and forth) then we have to return the phonesand go with something else.

Sooooo.... can anyone help me with this?

thanks,
    Joanne
    The only way I know to sync calendars is through 3rd party software, if you conduct a search for calendar sync, you'll find some suggestions

HTH
    Rick
    ya there is a sync for it.. it works pretty well..
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Just go to the App Catalog on the Palm Pre, and search for "USB". You'll see a download there for CL USB Sync. It will do Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes, all from your Outlook and Exchange, right to your Palm Pre or Palm Pixi. No wifi needed. There's a PC portion that you'll need, but the Pre download will show a message on how to get it. The PC part is free to use for one time transfer, and free for the first 14 days, $39.95 if you like it and want to continue using it.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    www.companionlink.com/usbsync
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Use Gsycnit, it cost $15 (one time cost, online download, google it) and it will sync your contacts to gmail and gmail will sync to your phone. You'll have to start gmail accounts (they are free), but I only use the gmail accout for this purpose. It will sync your calendars and contacts. It is a true two way sync (if you want it to be), which means you can make the changes on your phone or outlook or even gmail, and it will sync to your computer. I use it, and like it.
    I ran into this same issue, I wanted my work Outlook calendar to sync like my old bberry did. Since the Pre is connected to Google Calendar i did a little research and found Google Calendar has a program that will synch with Outlook. It will not let me post the link since my post count is below 5, just search for "Google Calendar Synch" on your desktop.

The best part, Free!

Worst part... Google knows more about me now! lol