Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've successfully imported my entire calendar into Google Calendar and am satisifed that it shows up correctly. However, when I sync my Pre to my new google Calendar, I am missing most of my events. I get all of some calendars, and almost none of others. I'm not sure what the problem is. Does anybody have any ideas? Here's a little back story in case it helps.

I'm a seasoned Treo user. I picked up my first Treo 650 back in 2005 and have succesfully migrated from it to a 700, and then again to a 755p. I'm also a Linux user, and have never synced my 755p with real palm software. I used Bluetooth to sync with my desktop using gpilot. I first ran an entire backup, then I used gpilot's conduits to sync my contacts and calendars directly into Evolution. From Evolution, I found it was easy to migrate my contacts to Gmail (pretty seamless, I was pleased.) I haven't found any issues with my contacts thus far.

Then I tried the same trick to get my calendar uploaded to Google Calendar. The sync from Evolution to Google seemed to loose all but the first of repeated events. This wasn't acceptable for me, so I went investigating other options. I found a random perl script that would convert the backup copy of my Calendar DB file to ICS format, which I could then import the ICS file directly into google calendar. It even allowed me to extract one category at a time (which Evolution would not). I used each of those ics files to create a new calendar in google Calendar, and all the events seem to import correctly. My Pre just seems to barf.
    Go to calendar in Pre, menu, preferences, make sure google is your default. May want to remove and readd it. Try to sync again.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    No luck , I even tried deleting the account, rebooting, and then adding the account again. When I add the google account, it makes it default automatically. Any more ideas?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've been monkeying with this all morning. I've reset my phone, re-imported the calendars, everything I can think of, and I'm still not getting anywhere. Has anybody had any luck using Google Calendar?
    I have a similar problem. My Google Calendar shows up in my pre with last 3 months ONLY. The funny thing is I use the Homebrew Google Calendar search and it works correctly. If I look for an appointment back in '04, the app recognizes the appt. BUT, when I click on that appt it takes me to the actual date in the google calendar and NOTHING is there. HMMM any suggestions?