1.    #1  
    In my contacts -> preferences -> Palm Profile, it says I only have 2 contacts.

Why? Does this mean that restoring my palm profile will only bring back 2 contacts? How do I get my hundred + other contacts to be backed up with the palm profile?
    Hopefully it means the rest of your contacts are in one of your other accounts, like Google, Exchange, or Yahoo. Any of those will automatically re-sync when you get a new device. That is much better than the crap-shoot called Palm Profile backup.

To check, just pull up one of your contacts and see what Icon is next to it. Also check your default contacts account from the contacts app to see what it is. It sounds like it is not your Palm Profile (a good thing) or you have not added any contacts since setting it up.
    If you do not have your contacts in another service then right away you need to update to the newest version of WebOS. Then perform a partial erase reset. Then you log into your profile and all your contacts will come back.

If you wait to long you will loose your contacts the next time your Pre does an automatic backup.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I have the same issue, google is my default contacts account, so i'm covered, i think, if i change my default to palm will the rest of my contacts sync?
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I have the same issue, google is my default contacts account, so i'm covered, i think
    Provided your existing contacts were synced from Google, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    if i change my default to palm will the rest of my contacts sync?
    That would only affect new contacts. Your existing contacts will continue to sync with wherever they came from. Don't do it.
    Yes syncs with google flawlessly, plus i export to my desktop as a backup whenever i make changes to my contacts so i always have a copy.....thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    In my contacts -> preferences -> Palm Profile, it says I only have 2 contacts.

Why? Does this mean that restoring my palm profile will only bring back 2 contacts? How do I get my hundred + other contacts to be backed up with the palm profile?
    well palm lost all of mine and never getting back over 400 contacts.
  8.    #8  
    yes my contacts are mostly in google. I was just under the impression they also get backed up to palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by njforcedlife77 View Post
    well palm lost all of mine and never getting back over 400 contacts.
    join that lawsuit..