1.    #1  
    My wife and I each just purchased Pre's. On the PC, we use outlook for contacts and calendar. The PC only has one user account and outlook profile, we share it (Outlook is open all the time and we just add info to it). I need to figure out a solution to sync both our phones to this singular outlook contacts/calendar profile. This was really easy with our Treos and centros. I just tried Pocketmirror and it can only sync one Pre to the outlook and then the other one would be required to create a new user account, but I cant figure out any way to share Outlook info between two PC user accounts.

How about The Missing Sync, can anyone confirm whether two users could sync to one outlook account?

I would prefer a solution that keeps the info on the PC and avoids the cloud. If there are any other ideas on how to do that, please let me know?

Having said that, I am warming up to other ideas, including google. If I use companionlink to sync outlook to google, can I setup both phones to sync to a single google account.
    Thanks
    JGP
  2. pfd
    Did you send an email inquiry to the Chapura guys about PocketMirror. They are very responsive. Maybe they can create some special login for you. I greatly miss my WM functionality in syncing with outlook, but PocketMirror seems to be the next best thing. Best of luck to you.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Start a Gmail account and have both Pres sync to it. Buy gSyncit and sync your outlook to google. I think you can sync 2 pres to one google account. I think that gSyncit can also sync two google accounts to one outlook too.
  4.    #4  
    pfd - yes, chapura support was quick to respond. they confirmed that the second pre must be on a separate windows user account. They suggested a potential way of sharing an outlook pst file to have common contacts/calendar between the two users. This method, if it works, would require logging in/out of a separate user account just to sync with outlook. This computer is also a HTPC, so its often used for TV watching and hard to shut down.

Anyone know how THe Missing Link might handle multiple users?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgp32 View Post
    pfd - yes, chapura support was quick to respond. they confirmed that the second pre must be on a separate windows user account. They suggested a potential way of sharing an outlook pst file to have common contacts/calendar between the two users. This method, if it works, would require logging in/out of a separate user account just to sync with outlook. This computer is also a HTPC, so its often used for TV watching and hard to shut down.

Anyone know how THe Missing Link might handle multiple users?
    I think the option I stated was the cheapest and will work. It will only cost $15 for gSyncit, and the gmail accounts are free. I think it will work (almost positive). I have the program, it works great for me. It takes the place of me acutally having to hook my phone up to my computer like I used to have to do with my Blackberry. I can hit sync on the computer and walk away before it is done, and magically all the changes are made on my phone.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Here is the link for gScyncit, http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/
  7. pfd
    Duratime.. I went to the gSyncit website... it looks promising. Are you aware of any issues syncing Outlook and Google? Such as certain contact fields not carrying over, or appointments being dropped? Do you know if it gSyncit supports Outlook distribution lists, or multiple folders?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Don't know all the answers to your questions, I'm not sure the Pre can handle distribution lists. The only problem that I had with it is that I had gotten a virus that messed up one of the gSycnit files, not one that usually gets replaced on a reinstall. The virus wasn't the fault of the program, and Dave worked with me to get it fixed, he was very helpful. I know that the newest update supports the catagories that are in Outlook, but I haven't actually tried it yet (I was just reading the notes). I belive that you can try it for free and it will do like your first 20 contacts. I would give it a shot. You can always delete them from Google almost instantly if you don't like what it did. My appointments are always where they should be. There might be an issue with the all day events, sometime I get the reminder at midnight (nice thing to wake to). I think that is my fault though, sometimes I forget to specify the reminder times in Outlook. I think you will like it. One thing that I would suggest though is to not let it sync the contact photos. It may work, but it takes longer. I just upload them to Gmail or use the phone to create them. This is a true two way sync, but you can choose for it to be one way. I always creat a backup in Outlook everytime there is an new update (the updates suggest it) to the software just in case, but haven't had to use it yet. I think I have 500 contacts and usually about 280 calender items. I don't think it will sync tasks however (never tried). I would shoot him an email on specific questions, seems like a good guy. I found this program on this site, so I think others might be using it too, you may want to create asking about it, to get some other opinions or options.
  9.    #9  
    duratime
    Thanks for all the info. I checked out gSyncit (and companionlink), and am beginning to think more about the google-outlook sync method. Will probably give it a go over the next few days when I have some time.
  10.    #10  
    does anyone know if I can setup one google account and sync two pre's to that single contacts/calendar account? Or do I need to setup two accounts, and let the outlook-google software (gSyncit for example), sync to both google accounts? I would prefer one account if it will work, i think.
    I have one google account and sync two phones (a Pre and iphone) works great.