Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    So, I have read a bunch of threads where people's email stops working (e.g. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ml#post2071185 & http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2076479 & http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2061197 ).

    When you try to refresh your inbox, all you get is the two dots continuing to circle each other and no new or old emails get synced into the inbox. In the various threads, some of the attempts to fix the problem have been to delete and re-add your email account, webOS Doctor, use the Repair Utility, remove patches, etc. For me, nothing worked.

    So, I tried one more thing tonight and seem to have found a solution that worked with my Yahoo account (my gmail account never had a problem, just yahoo)
    1. From your desktop browser, create a new folder. I called this "unsorted inbox"
    2. Move ALL of the messages from your inbox into that new folder created in #1
    3. make sure you "refresh" your online email (I clicked the "check mail" button in yahoo) to make sure that the server is up to date
    4. Go to your Pre/Pixi and refresh your inbox. For me, this cleared out all the messages and gave me a "no new messages" notice
    5. Try moving 5-10 emails back to your inbox.
    6. Refresh your inbox on your phone... Did it start to sync again?

    I started to wonder if there was some email that was causing the mail app to freeze up. I have only gone back to about 30 emails (my inbox had over 200 emails) but it seems to sync normally now, I get notifications as my mail arrives, etc. If it still doesn't work, try a reset of the phone first

    The only oddity that I did notice is that the setting for how far back to sync your emails doesn't work. When I started this process, I set it back to just keep 1 days worth of email, but it was going back further than that. This isn't a huge issue for me since I usually have it set to keep "All" messages, but just an FYI. Let me know if this helps anyone.

    Adam
  2. acl
    acl is offline
    acl's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #2  
    adam,

    that did the trick! instead of creating a new folder, i archived all read mail - within a few minutes alerts were working and the box was syncing on the phone. i was just over 3000 conversations in the inbox when it stopped working and an imap desktop client had the same problem as the phone, so definitely a google/imap thing. I'm guessing about 10k messages...

    thanks!

    -al
    Last edited by acl; 12/06/2009 at 08:22 AM.
  3. #3  
    I've had the same issue with my Yahoo mail recently. It has happened probably 3 or 4 times (although I can't pinpoint exactly when it started). My quick solution was the following and didn't involve messing with the desktop ......

    - Changed my sync frequency on my Pre to anything but what it originally was.

    And voila! Something triggers it and it immediately starts syncing. I haven't tried it but I imagine if you would then immediately change the setting back to its original frequency, you should be good to go!

    Hope this helps.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshan1911 View Post
    My quick solution was the following and didn't involve messing with the desktop ......

    - Changed my sync frequency on my Pre to anything but what it originally was.

    And voila! Something triggers it and it immediately starts syncing. I haven't tried it but I imagine if you would then immediately change the setting back to its original frequency, you should be good to go!

    Hope this helps.
    that hadn't worked for me when I had my problems... But thnx for the thought
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshan1911 View Post
    I've had the same issue with my Yahoo mail recently. It has happened probably 3 or 4 times (although I can't pinpoint exactly when it started). My quick solution was the following and didn't involve messing with the desktop ......

    - Changed my sync frequency on my Pre to anything but what it originally was.

    And voila! Something triggers it and it immediately starts syncing. I haven't tried it but I imagine if you would then immediately change the setting back to its original frequency, you should be good to go!

    Hope this helps.
    I've done this several times and it only works for a day or so. Than i have to use the manual sync button. It seem to work better if i leave the email app open.
  6. #6  
    Email stopped working for me as well with Yahoo. Even if I manually update the email I still get the exclamation mark within the yellow triangle icon. It synced fine last night - anyone know what's going on?
  7. #7  
    Thanks man, I just did something similar and it worked. I've got thousands of emails in my inbox, but I just created another folder and moved first 50 to it. Yahoo mail on the Pre is now loading again.
  8. Westmar's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    So, I have read a bunch of threads where people's email stops working (e.g. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ml#post2071185 & http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2076479 & http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2061197 ).

    When you try to refresh your inbox, all you get is the two dots continuing to circle each other and no new or old emails get synced into the inbox. In the various threads, some of the attempts to fix the problem have been to delete and re-add your email account, webOS Doctor, use the Repair Utility, remove patches, etc. For me, nothing worked.

    So, I tried one more thing tonight and seem to have found a solution that worked with my Yahoo account (my gmail account never had a problem, just yahoo)
    1. From your desktop browser, create a new folder. I called this "unsorted inbox"
    2. Move ALL of the messages from your inbox into that new folder created in #1
    3. make sure you "refresh" your online email (I clicked the "check mail" button in yahoo) to make sure that the server is up to date
    4. Go to your Pre/Pixi and refresh your inbox. For me, this cleared out all the messages and gave me a "no new messages" notice
    5. Try moving 5-10 emails back to your inbox.
    6. Refresh your inbox on your phone... Did it start to sync again?

    I started to wonder if there was some email that was causing the mail app to freeze up. I have only gone back to about 30 emails (my inbox had over 200 emails) but it seems to sync normally now, I get notifications as my mail arrives, etc. If it still doesn't work, try a reset of the phone first

    The only oddity that I did notice is that the setting for how far back to sync your emails doesn't work. When I started this process, I set it back to just keep 1 days worth of email, but it was going back further than that. This isn't a huge issue for me since I usually have it set to keep "All" messages, but just an FYI. Let me know if this helps anyone.

    Adam
    Thank you, Adam. This seems to have solved my problem. You are a genius and deserve a gold star.
  9. #9  
    My manual sync doesn't even work. I hit it, does nothing, I close the email app and then I get notified that I have email. Pretty damn irritating if you ask me. If I hit manual update, it should darn well work.

    When you suggest that we move all of our inbox emails to a new folder within yahoo do you mean to do this action using our pc, or the pre?
  10. #10  
    This just had this happen to me AGAIN...but I may of found an easier fix.

    On Pre:
    1) Find the last email downloaded to your Pre

    On Google:
    2) Create a new label (I called mine "not read")
    3) Find the last email downloaded to your Pre
    4) re-label it and all newer emails with the new label...this will "move" all those emails from your inbox to your new label box. (Note: you can easily find these re-labeled emails in your "All Mail" box)
    5) Send yourself a new "test" email

    On Pre:
    6) Refresh your email using the icon on the bottom right corner.

    You should see the test email and be able to start syncing new mail again. If you feel like it, you should be able to go through the emails that you re-labeled to find the culprit that stopped sync.

    I was able to do this morning. I only had to re-label a group of about 20 emails to fix my problem. Hopefully this technique will help someone else
    Last edited by wilderf; 01/07/2010 at 06:45 AM.
  11. #11  
    I have the problem with updating my email when on WiFi, and with update as new items arrive setting. I get the triangle in the top right corner, and notifications do not work reliably. Turning off WiFi and setting to check email at any other interval seems to work. I also get occasional message to reenter a mail account password.

    I will give this a try. and see if it helps.
  12. #12  
    I had the same problem. I doctored my phone and started adding things one at a time and checking my phone to see if the problem would come back. I found that when I added the web browser ad-blocker (2nd thing I added) in the webOS quick install, tweaks, and did a luna restart I had That obnoxious triangle again when I set my email to get mail as it arrives on wifi. I went back into qi and unchecked the ad-blocker and did a luna restart...now my phone gets the email as items arrive with no delay on wifi or EVDO. Worked for me, maybe it can work for you.

    Good luck!!!!!
  13. #13  
    Anybody have this issue on Yahoo still? I had to do a partial delete of my phone, and now one of my yahoo accounts does not sync correctly, or send me messages when I get them. I can delete them off my phone, and they will still be in my account when I logon to mail on my pc. I tried the suggested idea, and it didn't work. Now, I don't even get alerts after I do a manual update. Ridiculous.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions