Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    anyone else having problems this morning retrieving their gmail messages? when i go to my inbox, it's continuously refreshing but i am not getting any messages (i know i should have a few for sure). the connection itself isn't the problem, since my yahoo account is working just fine. any info or suggestions?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Yes, I am having gmail issues this morning. No new messages at all today, but when I log on via computer, I do have new messages.

I'm also having issues using a variety of apps, TweeFree and NewsRoom spin and spin, but never load. I'm fully charged, full bars and wi-fi on. I'm getting ready to reboot and hopefully that will take care of issue.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Rebooting worked for me. Gmail loaded with new messages and other apps are working again.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    problem not solved on my end with a reboot. not really sure what's going on.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Mine is working fine. Had trouble with it lastnight though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jinrummy View Post
    anyone else having problems this morning retrieving their gmail messages? when i go to my inbox, it's continuously refreshing but i am not getting any messages (i know i should have a few for sure). the connection itself isn't the problem, since my yahoo account is working just fine. any info or suggestions?
    I have been having problems for a week. I have rebooted ... didn't work. I have removed GMAIL and re-installed . . . that updated my GMAIL, but since the reinstall, it hasn't downloaded any more messages.

I have been huddling with a very nice woman at Sprint, who hasn't been able to help me.

ARGHH!
    I have been having this problem for weeks. I restarted, removed my gmail account (which was my primary) and attempted to re-install. Keyword attempted. I only see my gmail outbox now, and there are no other folders for gmail. Could this have something to do with having Preware and patches installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonKing View Post
    I have been having this problem for weeks. I restarted, removed my gmail account (which was my primary) and attempted to re-install. Keyword attempted. I only see my gmail outbox now, and there are no other folders for gmail. Could this have something to do with having Preware and patches installed?
    I don't have preware or patches installed, so that can't be the reason, and it just started to happen on Thanksgiving Day. No WebOS update or anything happened on that day.
    it would be nice to state what type of sync you are using when you have problems. EAS, POP3 or IMAP.

I have been using gmail EAS (https://m.google.com) and I have never had problems.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott healey View Post
    it would be nice to state what type of sync you are using when you have problems. EAS, POP3 or IMAP.

I have been using gmail EAS and I have never had problems.
    i am having problems with IMAP. i haven't done anything to the settings aside from setting it up to sync with gmail when i first activated my phone.

I have been using gmail EAS (https://m.google.com) and I have never had problems.
    I removed Gmail, one more time, and reinstalled it with the EAS settings you provided and it appears to be updating, but is seems to still be checking for new messages, continuously.

Thanks for help
    I found a fix that worked for my yahoo account that had the problem with the inbox not refreshing any new (or old) emails... I posted the solution here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...74#post2080774

hopefully this will help!

I have been using gmail EAS and I have never had problems.
    I am using imap for Gmail. When I got the phone I never changed any of the settings, just let the store set it up for me. However I have been playing with it so much, I'm not even sure if I have the proper settings (i.e. port number, imap address, etc). Could you list out or send a screen shot of what things are supposed to look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonKing View Post
    ...Could you list out or send a screen shot of what things are supposed to look like?
    here is a link to googles site listing the IMAP settings. Configuring other mail clients - Gmail Help
    I had a similar issue - Yellow icon, and Gmail wasn't PUSHing alerts using "as items arrive" or any other timer. It started after I installed a bunch of apps from Preware.

I uninstalled a few that I thought might be causing the issue and it seems removing the following apps fixed the issue:

Unthrottle download manager v1.3.1-0 diomark - Removing this seemed to get rid of the yellow alert icon (but phone still would not check email except manually)
    Charging Alert Vibrate Only v1.3.1-0 a2ny - Removing this seems to have fixed IMAP PUSH

If you have these installed try removing them and see what happens.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 12/08/2009 at 02:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    IMAP is working for me now. after various attempts at changing settings and uninstalling and reinstalling, what seemed to work for me was changing the number of days to sync mail, from 7 days to 1 day. for whatever reason, syncing for more than 1 day was causing the it to hang.

thanks for all the help and suggestions...good to have a place to come to when i'm having problems with my pre.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    This is happening to me, too. Been using IMAP with GMail without issue since I got the phone. Now it keeps hanging on the spinning refresh icon. I have tried deleting and adding it as Exchange EAS and it does the same thing: Email will initially load but no new mail after that. I've tried reducing the history to 1 day and still no change. Also, my work account that uses EAS is working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by shieldss View Post
    This is happening to me, too. Been using IMAP with GMail without issue since I got the phone. Now it keeps hanging on the spinning refresh icon. I have tried deleting and adding it as Exchange EAS and it does the same thing: Email will initially load but no new mail after that. I've tried reducing the history to 1 day and still no change. Also, my work account that uses EAS is working fine.
    Have you tried moving all your emails out of your inbox (per the solution here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ml#post2080774 and as mentioned in the posts above)?

Adam
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Yes, I went back and read that earlier this evening and it worked. Thanks for the response!
    me too~ and when have check my email on computer also have no email!