1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I tried searching but couldnt find any threads describing my issue. Everything was working great until I upgraded to 1.3.1. Now, my Gmail IMAP account will not sync properly, or at all for that matter.

If I know I have mail in my inbox, my phne doesnt see it, and even if I go into my Email app and try to refresh the inbox, it just sits there and spins forever to no avail.

I tried removing the account and readding it. When I do this, it syncs up properly the first time. After that, again, it becomes incapable of updating.

FYI, it is an IMAP account. Mail set to "As Items Arrive". Incoming mail server is "imap.gmail.com" with SSL encryption on port 993. Outgoing mail server is "smtp.gmail.com" with SSL encryption on port 465. Root folder field is blank.

I'm really stuck here guys. I need this email account for work, and without it, the phone is useless to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    anyone?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    sorry to be of no help, but, removing my email accounts from the phone and readding them back (All of them) fixed it for me...

good luck!
    do you have a lot of email in your inbox? try setting the Sync emails period to something low like 3 days. see if you get anything.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
    do you have a lot of email in your inbox? try setting the Sync emails period to something low like 3 days. see if you get anything.
    Its already set to 3 days unfortunately. I dont have that many emails in the inbox...
  6.    #6  
    no one having the same issues?
    I had the exact same problem. I ran WebOs Dr. and restored my phone using my Palm profile. My Gmail account was there from backup, so I deleted it, restarted the phone and re-added the Gmail account. It has been working fine ever since.

It sucks have to Dr. the phone as I lost some text and picture messages.

Good luck.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo1 View Post
    I had the exact same problem. I ran WebOs Dr. and restored my phone using my Palm profile. My Gmail account was there from backup, so I deleted it, restarted the phone and re-added the Gmail account. It has been working fine ever since.

It sucks have to Dr. the phone as I lost some text and picture messages.

Good luck.
    thanks, ill try that. This is the first time I've "dr'ed" my phone. Are there instructions somewhere?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugefunk84 View Post
    thanks, ill try that. This is the first time I've "dr'ed" my phone. Are there instructions somewhere?
    if you dont have it already, I recommend you get Web OS Quick Installer, which will also download the latest WebOSDoctor when you run it. I can't post links. Do a forum search for: webos quick install v2.9 to learn all about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugefunk84 View Post
    no one having the same issues?
    Yes. I have this issue as well. It seems to coincide with 1.3.1 as far as the time stamps on the Palm forums heres my post and the link follows...

Yellow triangle woes. This is happening to me still after removing and readding my hosted GA account (imap). I have added it as a Gmail account and a pure imap account. I've changed the days from 7 to 3 to 1 and no joy. EAS works fine.

I went to airplane mode with wifi turned on and same result. I use Apple Mail via imap and never experience the issue. I have access to a Sprint android phone as well. 0 issues. iPhone...no issues as well.

I can only suspect that this is an issue inherent in the Pre email client and it is palm's issue to fix.

BTW EAS works fine on a paid GA account I admin...so Palm...it's your IMAP client at fault.

Next phone may be an android just because gmail is my bread, butter, and beer money!!!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I've had the same issue with gmail contacts. After doctoring my phone, and complete format.... i had duplicate gmail accounts they weren't automatically syncing. Had to delete account and add it again. Also FYI, to add a google apps account (user@customdomain.com - yet under google) you have to add @gmail.com to end so it would be as such: user@customdomain.com@gmail.com pretty lame huh?