Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Every couple of days it seems as if my Pre isn't syncing with Gmail ... This morning i woke up to find (manually checking that is) i had 9 emails already in the box, but usually i hear (as annoying as it is sometimes) the alert during the night when the emails come in as it arrives ...

This was also happening all day today and at times last week, is there something going on with gmail since 1.3.1 or is it on googles side>
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

over the weekend it was a little slow (30 seconds to a minute) to receive at times compared to my computer, but since i've had the phone (~2 months) i have received every single email.
    you are not alone. Only seems that its happening w/my gmail, yahoo, and EAS. Weird
    I haven't had any issues at all. In fact, my Pre often notifies me of new email before my laptop. I did have the issue right after I updated to 1.3.1, but it fixed itself after about 12 hours. Maybe someone knows a fix for you....
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I'm having is same issues with notification of email lately. It doesn't always happen, though. I'm not sure what the darn problem is.
    Agreed. I just got my Pre last week and went straight into 1.3.1. But I set up Gmail just to route push through it. It seems about a quarter of the time I don't get a notification. I just click on email and there they are... emails I didn't know I had gotten.

I might also add that email is the only thing I don't have repeat notification tweaks for. But shouldn't it still show the little icon that I have mail if I never saw the notification?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Email has been working splendidly for me for the most part...even getting notifications before my iPhones and my computer.

I think sometimes the Gmail servers go on a fritz
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I've been having the same issue lately. I cant say for sure its related to 1.3.1 but it started at some point after the update. What is really confusing is there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Email notifications arrive usually but sometimes they don't. Restarting, or re adding the acct and all the other usualy steps to fix it have no effect. I have Gmail and yahoo, its happens with both but more often with Yahoo.

What is really annoying is I get that yellow explantion point error in Yahoo alot.
    "Password credentials rejected." I know everything is correct. Eventually it will start syncing again then the same error will occur later on.
    Pre's email app is really annoying me the last few weeks.
    nothing just been dandy, sorry to hear of syncing issues though, seems to be the only thing that doesn't let me down.
    Not only are notifications coming in slow for me (even though the phone seems to see that I have a message right away, just doesn't tell me that), the email app is a huge memory hog in 1.3.1 for me. If I leave it open, after a while I won't be able to have any other cards open other than it.
    My Gmail has not synced with my Pre for the last 4 days. I've tried manually syncing, but the little dots just keep chasing themselves in a circle. I have seen nothing from Palm on this particular issue.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrulli View Post
    My Gmail has not synced with my Pre for the last 4 days. I've tried manually syncing, but the little dots just keep chasing themselves in a circle. I have seen nothing from Palm on this particular issue.
    You might want to try removing the Gmail account from the Pre, then adding it back.
    Mine stopped working yesterday or today. I had email my GMail inbox that were available online but received no notifications.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    My pre has stopped receiving emails on one of my gmail accounts. I have verified the correct un and pw. i have deleted and re-added the account and al i get is the yellow exclamation mark. any idea's? known issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    You might want to try removing the Gmail account from the Pre, then adding it back.
    Tried that....still randomly missing notifications.

Gx
    I have Yahoo and email has basically stopped working. Although I have over 100 emails in my inbox when I look on my desktop, the Pre wouldn't sync more than just 5 emails from yesterday... I did not show the 80 emails before those 5, and it didn't sync the 20 or so that I have received since those 5. When I press refresh, I just get the spinning dot/circle, but with no number inside of it.

So, I decided to remove my account and re-add it to email. at first, looked great and started syncing. then, it just stopped at 30 emails and the dots keep going round and round and round, but no more new (or old) emails show up. any idea what broke email in the last 24 hours?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Tried that....still randomly missing notifications.

Gx
    Me, too. Although, I get no gmail notifications whatsoever. Removed Gmail account, reloaded, spent time talking to Sprint and chatting with Palm. Still no solution. Sprint support loaded my account onto a demo phone and experienced the same inability to receive new emails.

Yahoo email still works as does every other data app. I think its got something to do with the 1.3.1 update/IMAP/POP stuff. I've tried every combination of settings, but nothing seems to push/sync the new emails with my pre.

My work around is keeping gmail mobile site open in my browser, but that is getting tiresome.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Try this until an official fix is out
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...errerid=261128
    Me, too. Although, I get no gmail notifications whatsoever. Removed Gmail account, reloaded, spent time talking to Sprint and chatting with Palm. Still no solution. Sprint support loaded my account onto a demo phone and experienced the same inability to receive new emails.

Yahoo email still works as does every other data app. I think its got something to do with the 1.3.1 update/IMAP/POP stuff. I've tried every combination of settings, but nothing seems to push/sync the new emails with my pre.

My work around is keeping gmail mobile site open in my browser, but that is getting tiresome.
    Funny that for me, gmail works fine, while yahoo IMAP is messed up.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Pretty much ditto for me. Talking to 2nd tier Palm surpport, they state there is a google issue, but who knows.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast