Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hey guys,
    I just traded up my Blackberry Curve for a Pre and it should be here in a couple of days. I was just wondering if there was a way to move my contacts from the BB to the Pre. Thanks.
    there are several way s to do it really . you should ask the store rep where ever you go if they can move them for you. i had a treo last and the palm pre just grabbed my contacts from the app for that phone. my guess would be to start a googel account and transfer everything to that account from your phone now.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    there are several way s to do it really . you should ask the store rep where ever you go if they can move them for you. i had a treo last and the palm pre just grabbed my contacts from the app for that phone. my guess would be to start a googel account and transfer everything to that account from your phone now.
    Agreed.
    Make your Gmail your primary backup for contact info. Palm has flailed on this recently for some reason and many have lost contact info as a result of it.
    I myself lost all new contacts and updated contact info as of June when I recently got a refurb and my Palm profile reverted to information from June and not the day before I got my new (refurb) Pre. (Palm is supposed to automatically update your profile correctly once a day)
    Gmail and the Pre sync quite well in my experience and it's just better to be safe than sorry.
    (and yes, Sprint can dump your contacts from one device to another quite easily just remember the first thing you do when you get your Pre is to set contact info to back up to a Google account instead of the default Palm profile. Unfortunately it is unreliable at this time.. .)
    <moved and thread titled edited for clarity>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, I just figured out how to back up my contacts with Gmail everything is peachy now, can't wait to get the phone.
    Last edited by Bunnyjager; 11/30/2009 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Mistake
    FYI, you can directly sync your blackberry to google by following the instructions below:

View Document

Then just sync the Pre to your google profile as default and all your contacts will automatically sync with your Pre...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions