1.    #1  
    I looked around but didn't see anyone else post this question, so if I missed it please feel free to point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to figure out why some of my facebook friends show up on my Pre's contact app with their FB picture, while other contacts from FB show the generic silhouette icon (no associated pic).

I've tried re-syncing with no luck. I can't find out why some contacts show up with their pic, while others don't.

Anyone else with this issue, and maybe a way to fix it?

Also, as a side note, anyone know how to assign a certain pic to contacts? Here is what I mean... my brother has FB, AIM, and a few other things. I like to use his AIM pic as the contact pic, but recently it was over written by his FB pic. I like his AIM pic, and I can't figure out why SMS, and phone shows his FB pic, but when I go into Contacts his AIM pic is the one displayed. Why does it show one pic for some apps, and a different one for other apps?

Sorry if these are "nOOb" questions

Thanks for any help on this!!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I have the same issue with FB contacts. I think it might be a fb side thing, possibly people changing pictures/no pictures. It hasn't really bothered me yet so i don't know of a fix.

As for the aim issue, well, it is the messaging app so i think it would show the AIM profile picture, or picture of the IM account you've added.

If you want certain pictures to be shown and not others go to each contact and click on the top gray bar (the one with the contact name) to reveal profiles. Select the profile you want and "Set as Primary Profile".
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have the same issue as well. I think its just a security setting they have to make their page more private
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    If you want certain pictures to be shown and not others go to each contact and click on the top gray bar (the one with the contact name) to reveal profiles. Select the profile you want and "Set as Primary Profile".
    Thanks for the help, but I did try that. The only issue is when I do that, the contact name also changes into the AIM screen name.

My guess is I can't change it back, and am stuck with what the phone says.

Thanks again!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by melo View Post
    I have the same issue as well. I think its just a security setting they have to make their page more private
    That is a good idea, but I'm not too sure if that is true. I'll ask one of my friends whom has a pic show up on my phone, and one whom doesn't show up and find out what security settings they each have to see if that is the cause. Not too much of a big deal, but seems silly some show up, while others don't. I mean, I am their friend, so you'd think those security settings wouldn't mean anything.

Who knows... maybe it is another one of those 'features' in the webOS to keep ya on your toes
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I looked around but didn't see anyone else post this question, so if I missed it please feel free to point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to figure out why some of my facebook friends show up on my Pre's contact app with their FB picture, while other contacts from FB show the generic silhouette icon (no associated pic).

I've tried re-syncing with no luck. I can't find out why some contacts show up with their pic, while others don't.

Anyone else with this issue, and maybe a way to fix it?

Also, as a side note, anyone know how to assign a certain pic to contacts? Here is what I mean... my brother has FB, AIM, and a few other things. I like to use his AIM pic as the contact pic, but recently it was over written by his FB pic. I like his AIM pic, and I can't figure out why SMS, and phone shows his FB pic, but when I go into Contacts his AIM pic is the one displayed. Why does it show one pic for some apps, and a different one for other apps?

Sorry if these are "nOOb" questions

Thanks for any help on this!!

You want to make sure your FB is the primary acct. that way you will get thier FB pic
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    You want to make sure your FB is the primary acct. that way you will get thier FB pic
    They are. There is no set standard with some showing up and not others. Some of my contacts are on FB only, and some pics show up for some, and others won't. Also, the ones who do have multiple profiles on my phone act the same way. All are set to FB as main profile, but some will show the pics while others won't.

Even when I add in new friends, some will show the picture right away, and others don't do anything.

--edit--

Oh, and their security setting on FB doesn't matter either. One of my friends doesn't even show up on a search yet I see his picture, but one of my other friends that doesn't have thier profile under hard core lock outs won't show up.

It baffles the mind...
    Last edited by fastamx79; 11/29/2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added an update to another post