Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I'm sure this has been discussed on here already, but when I searched, I didn't find anything specifically about it.

    Is there any way to access facebook IM from the pre OTHER than through the web browser on the full facebook site? It's extremely cumbersome there. Is there a patch for adding it to the built-in IM client? Any word of an app for this? Thanks to anyone with info!
  2. Gompers's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yes, there is.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    Yes, there is.
    Ok...care to expand on that? LOL
  4. #4  
    well you can go to m.ebuddy.com although unless you hack your phone's browser to think it's an iPhone you'll get a pretty crummy version of the site. besides that I have no clue.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    well you can go to m.ebuddy.com although unless you hack your phone's browser to think it's an iPhone you'll get a pretty crummy version of the site. besides that I have no clue.
    Yeah...that one isn't so great. I just tried it. Thanks though.
  6. ryoblade's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #6  
    try lite.facebook.com, its a stream lined version of facebook for smartphones and has a less cumbersome version of Chat that will open in a new card it works great and very clean on the PRE
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    Yes, there is.
    Yes, there is, what?
    Could you be a little more vague in the future please?

    Last I checked there was neither an app nor a patch.
  8. Gompers's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by waya68 View Post
    Yes, there is, what?
    Could you be a little more vague in the future please?

    Last I checked there was neither an app nor a patch.
    Ok.
  9. pixelwix's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    Ok.
    lol your an ***!
  10. #10  
    lite.facebook.com's chat does function properly, but there's a massive amount of scrolling and zooming involved. Hopefully they'll come out with a mobile version for touch.facebook.com soon.
  11. #11  
    I bookmarked the lite FB chat page it works great. Thx
  12. #12  
    There has got to be a way to stop the pre from opening the chat in such a zoomed out form. On your computer you can change the size of the window which on the pre would be the equivalent of cropping the page down to size. How though, I have no idea.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    There has got to be a way to stop the pre from opening the chat in such a zoomed out form. On your computer you can change the size of the window which on the pre would be the equivalent of cropping the page down to size. How though, I have no idea.
    Yeah it's possible, but somebody would have to figure out how to adjust the default canvas size in the browser. And good luck with that.
  14. gryn's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #14  
    isn't there a thread with messaging app plugins on here?
    Does anyone know if facebook worked, i'm pretty sure it was listed?
  15. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    isn't there a thread with messaging app plugins on here?
    Does anyone know if facebook worked, i'm pretty sure it was listed?
    It currently does not work.

Posting Permissions