Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Title says it all. I just WebOS Doctored my phone to 1.3.1 and saw that one of my contacts also has a second identical Yahoo IM listed. Tried to delete it and got the message "Yahoo! profiles can not be deleted." What The f?

I'm going to Doctor the phone agian and see what happens.

Oh, tried to do a search for something similar but found nothing helpful.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Yeah it's very annoying how some long forgotten and unused im contacts have reappeared. Even worse is they only show up on my Pre and not in my Yahoo contacts webpage so I have no idea how to get rid of em.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    mmm...useful info for me...
    I had this happen to me. I removed Yahoo from my Pre by going to preferences and accounts under the messaging app. Then I waited a minute and set the account back up after which any old contacts no longer showed up.
    happened to me too. I endedup just linking them all to a "Trash" contact
    I'm going through the same dilema. It's very annoying. One thing I was able to do though was go into my Yahoo Mail and into my Contacts there and clean most of them up. If you delete them from your Contacts in your Yahoo Mail then they will be removed from your Pre. You'll have to delete your Yahoo account in your Pre and reinstall it for the changes to take effect.
    Delete the contact from your yahoo account on your computer then re sync your phone. The contact will now be deleted.
    Yahoo contact is only one-way sync to Pre because of proprietary yahoo API's. Yahoo calendar sync is two-way however...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    yeah the whole contact importing from under rocks is bullsh$%. i cant believe palm has been making phones for as long as they have. it really sucks, this inability to control anything on this phone is getting old after 6 months.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Latest update. Doctored the phone and was expecting 1.3.1, after all that's the latest and greatest and I did this from Palm. Instead when I checked OS version it was 1.2.1. Has Palm pulled 1.3.1 WebOS Doctor from their website?

Anyway, with 1.2.1 everything is 'back' to normal and I'll be putting off upgrading for as long as I can.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help. I really do appreciate it!!

Cheers,
    Wes
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    yeah the whole contact importing from under rocks is bullsh$%. i cant believe palm has been making phones for as long as they have. it really sucks, this inability to control anything on this phone is getting old after 6 months.
    Well I just stumbled upon the fact that when you delete contacts in Yahoo, it actually keeps them in Deleted contacts until you clear them out. Well apparently anything still in this folder will get synced to your pre. Sheesh I had over 300 contacts in there and I never even noticed it till today. So far it's working and I haven't gotten any old as gell im names showing up.