Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21  
    Lol! I spent two hours with Palm support today and this issue is still not resolved we did try just about everything (including a Full Erase of my Pre 2 - so hopefully it'll be nice and clean again!!). I can browse google calendar fine through the web browser on the Pre2 but just cannot integrate it into the Calendar app on the device. I got a ticket number and it will get escalated. Let's hope they can figure it out soon.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  2. AndrewP's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #22  
    Wow. I didn't know about Lumberjack. It's brilliant and I'll be able to see why my Contacts aren't syncing on Google.

    Andrew
  3. AndrewP's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #23  
    I've been doing a bit of fiddling with calendar and contacts this evening between Google and my Pre 2. For me the problem is not that Google and the Pre 2 aren't syncing, it's just that they seem to be taking ages to do it.

    On my Pre Plus, I remember showing Synergy to a colleague. Almost as soon as I'd added a contact into Google, it was there on my Palm. Ditto for an appointment. Now it seems that several hours can elapse between action and reaction.

    Whether this is a "slow sync" feature, power saving or a knock-on effect from being off-carrier, I've no idea.
  4. #24  
    All of the events from my temporary Yahoo calendar have now vanished from my Pre 2. Thankfully they are still online. Every fifteen minutes or so I can see the notification in the status bar that it is trying to synchronize with Yahoo, but my calendar has been empty for over 20 hours now. Various resets haven't accomplished anything.

    So, to recap, I cannot sync with Google Calendar at all and the temporary Yahoo Calendar that has been working for the past few days is now suddenly empty on my Pre 2 and I haven't changed any settings whatsoever.

    Palm, let's get going with WebOS 2.0.2 -- stat! We need whatever serious bugs are in the calendar application to be fixed.
  5. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Just tried deleting and readding but I get an error still.

    Lumberjack reported the following;

    [2010-11-30 23:31:14] (Calendar) Error: httpClient error Parse Error; innerError: httpClient error Parse Error at Object.create (/usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/structure/err.jsjsjs:$5$:$17$) $at$ $Client$.$clientError$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$comms$/$ajaxcall$.$js$:$370$:$28$) $at$ $Client$.$emit$ ($events$:$2$:$407$) $at$ $net$:$28$:$471$ $at$ $EventEmitter$.$_tickCallback$ ($node$.$js$:$3$:$492$) $at$ $node$.$js$:$11$:$360$ $at$ $Object$.$create$ ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$104$:$372$) $at$ $palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$172$:$835$ $at$ $clazz$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$126$:$435$) $at$ $dispatch$ ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$135$:$493$), $palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$129$

    What's that in English?
    "Something didn't work at here .... or here ..... or here .... or possibly here"

    Pity I'm not a Dev -- best guess I have is that it's having a data parsing error / something about WebOS 2.0 is causing it to dislike the data found at Google calendar.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    All of the events from my temporary Yahoo calendar have now vanished from my Pre 2. Thankfully they are still online. Every fifteen minutes or so I can see the notification in the status bar that it is trying to synchronize with Yahoo, but my calendar has been empty for over 20 hours now. Various resets haven't accomplished anything.

    So, to recap, I cannot sync with Google Calendar at all and the temporary Yahoo Calendar that has been working for the past few days is now suddenly empty on my Pre 2 and I haven't changed any settings whatsoever.

    Palm, let's get going with WebOS 2.0.2 -- stat! We need whatever serious bugs are in the calendar application to be fixed.
    There have been issues with the calendar and synergy since inception judging from the chatter on Precentral forums and palms own.

    Note sure that they're going to be chasing up on my issue anytime soon.

    But I've requested to have access to my Exchange account for work so I'll see if I can get that set up or not in the meantime.

    Dreaming of Synergy - one day it'll be a reality - what device will I have then?
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  7. #27  
    Note that Google calendar is now recognised and logged into Synergy since updating to 2.1.0.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  8. twebst's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #28  
    Great Leap forward. I just upgraded to 2.1. It is syncing Google => Pre, but not Pre=> Google. Getting closer
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by twebst View Post
    Great Leap forward. I just upgraded to 2.1. It is syncing Google => Pre, but not Pre=> Google. Getting closer
    Just checked and mine is synching both ways between Google Calendar and the Pre 2 - I have now set my Google Calendar as the master so any new event on my Pre 2 is created in there and synched into the cloud.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Just checked and mine is synching both ways between Google Calendar and the Pre 2 - I have now set my Google Calendar as the master so any new event on my Pre 2 is created in there and synched into the cloud.
    Did you try to change an event comming from Google on the PrPrPr ? $It$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$ $in$ $that$ $way$, $but$ $it$ $works$ $if$ $I$ $change$ $an$ $event$ $in$ $Google$, $it$'$s$ $updated$ $in$ $the$ $Pr$.

    Can you try this ?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by kikan View Post
    Did you try to change an event comming from Google on the PrPrPr ? $It$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$ $in$ $that$ $way$, $but$ $it$ $works$ $if$ $I$ $change$ $an$ $event$ $in$ $Google$, $it$'$s$ $updated$ $in$ $the$ $Pr$.

    Can you try this ?
    OK, so seems to be working a treat. On Google Calendar created a weekly recurring event for my refuse and household garden recycling collection. On my Pre2 took it out of aeroplane opened calendar and did synch now - it brought in the Google Calendar event. Then I went into the event and set the location on the Pre2 and swiped back out of the event. Refresh on my browser on my PC and voila the event details are updated with the location.

    All working nicely.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions