Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlehrer View Post
    Hey, I spoke too soon. gAnDo, your version of the script works!! Thanks much. I'll have to examine it carefully to see how it differs from the original.
    Good stuff

The only thing that has been removed is the text
    Code:
    syncSource = 'local' AND
    in the SQL query as this limits the data pulled from the phone to the Palm contacts. I just formatted the qurey a bit better so i could read it easier.

syncSource = 'local' -> Palm contacts
    syncSource = 'simphonebook' -> SIM contacts
    syncSource = 'IM' -> IM Contacts (I only use Google Talk so unsure if the same for others)
    syncSource = 'gmail' -> Google Mail contacts

Im not sure what the other syncSources are, as I dont have them on my phone, but if you wanted just to pull the Palm & SIM contacts off, instead of removing that line, just replace it with
    Code:
    (syncSource = 'local' OR syncSource = 'simphonebook') AND

If you want to check all the syncSources in your PalmDatabase.db3 file, download SQLite Database Browser | Get SQLite Database Browser at SourceForge.net and open your .db3 file in it, then run this query in the 'Execute SQL' tab
    Code:
    SELECT DISTINCT syncSource FROM com_palm_pim_Contact
    If we can get a full list of all these syncSources then it will be possible to modify the script to suit peoples needs.
    Last edited by gAnDo; 12/01/2009 at 04:52 AM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by swtoombs View Post
    So the numbers import into the excel file but when I import it into outlook they're not there. The e-mail addresses don't transfer over either.
    I'm not very familiar with CSV file layout, but I think you may need to open the file in excel and edit the headers. I'm not sure what to edit the headers to, but maybe with a quick google search, you can find out. Something else you may try is installing Mozilla Thunderbird and importing the contacts there, then exporting them in a different format, and importing that file into outlook. This has worked for me when trying to upload an improperly formatted CSV into Yahoo contacts.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    well if you copy the scientific notation and paste it anywhere it shows a phone number but outlook does not seem to pick up the number or email addresses
    I am having trouble deleting my palm profile contacts after syncing using running the script "delete_contacts.sql" it scrolls through many lines like it is doing something but when it's done the palm profile contacts are still there, even after a reset. Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone else gotten this to work?

Also, is there anyway to pull facebook birthday data from the db3? I successfully got the phone and email data by modifying the script, does anyone know of a way to get the birthdays from facebook into the CSV?
    it works great except i only get about 100ish contacts and when i check my palm profile in my phone i have about 340, any ideas?
    and also i dont see the phone numbers when i import into outlook, i can see them in scientific notation in excel though
    To match the fields between the CSV file and Outlook, Google this:

Outlook contacts map custom fields...

And for the scientific notation just right click the column (the letter on top to highlight the whole column) and go to format cell and then click NUMBERS... be sure to have decimal places "0"
    Worked good, thanks to the free software community. (:
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    BUMP.. im getting an empty CSV file with only the headers. I have all the files needed on my desktop. Should I be putting them in a specific directory?

Also when I put the query code from above into the Execute tab on the SQLite browser, I get the following message...

"malformed database schema (_ClassObject) - near "AUTOINCRE": syntax error"
    Quote Originally Posted by gAnDo View Post
    Good stuff

The only thing that has been removed is the text
    Code:
    syncSource = 'local' AND
    in the SQL query as this limits the data pulled from the phone to the Palm contacts. I just formatted the qurey a bit better so i could read it easier.

syncSource = 'local' -> Palm contacts
    syncSource = 'simphonebook' -> SIM contacts
    syncSource = 'IM' -> IM Contacts (I only use Google Talk so unsure if the same for others)
    syncSource = 'gmail' -> Google Mail contacts

Im not sure what the other syncSources are, as I dont have them on my phone, but if you wanted just to pull the Palm & SIM contacts off, instead of removing that line, just replace it with
    Code:
    (syncSource = 'local' OR syncSource = 'simphonebook') AND

If you want to check all the syncSources in your PalmDatabase.db3 file, download SQLite Database Browser | Get SQLite Database Browser at SourceForge.net and open your .db3 file in it, then run this query in the 'Execute SQL' tab
    Code:
    SELECT DISTINCT syncSource FROM com_palm_pim_Contact
    If we can get a full list of all these syncSources then it will be possible to modify the script to suit peoples needs.
    Dude. You're an F*ing Genius!

This was the only method to recover my data since my dog chewed the crap out of my Pre:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47036306@N06/4434131309/

The Linux system still worked and I was able to backup the phone and recover the database. I just couldn't get the contact script to run because the script on that wiki for PalmDatabase.db3 only pulled my local contacts (which was 3).

Since I'm a SQL n00b I've been pulling my hair out over this.

Thanks!!

Sweet, thanks. I thought I had lost everything.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    ...but only because I am back to my 700wx. I am getting and EPIC today. Very disappointed in sale to HP and lack of support for WebOS- figured I better sell Pre before it was worth nothing. I think it is the best thing out there. I was able to get my contacts after selling my Pre thanks to you guys. I got the Emulator, logged into my profile, followed instructions and was able to take them to gmail acct that way.
    Thanks tons.
    getting a new phone 24 hours before the big announcement? Seems another 4 hours wouldn't have hurt anyone.
    OK I'm going to go home and try this tonight. I hope this backs up all the contacts on my Pre into a csv? If it does work, and this may seem blasphemous, but how can I import my data into an Android phone? After the recent shennanigans and my phone's mic stopping I'm gonna try a product cycle with Android. My bigger question is how can I export my memos?
    Just wanted to thank the OP for writing up the perl script. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get contacts from my broken palm pixi. Figured that part out by getting the db3 file. Then what to do w/ that? Well, you search around and I was about ready to start learning how to program in perl, but lo and behold, I did another quick search for db3 to csv conversion and found this. A+ work you've done and thanks for others who have helped out. It is much appreciated. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12