1.    #1  
    My CompanionLink software on my PC for Outlook 2003 is not syncing with my Google Calendar. Contacts still syncs. The tech support guy had me purge the data this morning for reload; however, it did not work for the calendar. Now my Pre has no calendar an hour before I leave to see clients!

I just spoke to tech support again and now they say it's a global problem and they're working on it. They will e-mail us with a solution. Call them if you have the same problem to get on their list, I guess.......
  2.    #2  
    Here is the e-mail I received with the fix. I installed and sync'ed and all is well with my Pre and PC:

There is now an update available. You can download it here:

Product Updates

Make sure that CompanionLink is not open or running, then save the update to your desktop. When it finishes downloading, run the file. This will install the update.

Before synchronizing again, make sure that you do have a backup of your desktop application. After synchronizing, if you experience any issues, please call our tech support department at 503-243-5200, option #3.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    My CompanionLink software on my PC for Outlook 2003 is not syncing with my Google Calendar. Contacts still syncs. The tech support guy had me purge the data this morning for reload; however, it did not work for the calendar. Now my Pre has no calendar an hour before I leave to see clients!
    Yep. For about six hours on November 24th CompanionLink Google sync for Calendar was not working to send data from PC to Google Calendar. Apparently Google pushed a server change, that was rejecting the data stream we were sending. Please accept my apology for the timing and the notice. Google has the right to update their servers at any time, and apparently they do.

Today (November 25th) everything appears to be fine, and our data stream is again accepted just fine by Google Calendar. Contacts were not affected by this issue.

For the future, the data fix is available by downloading an update from our web site. However, this appears not to be needed any more since Google has apparently fixed the issue on their side.

CompanionLink also markets CompanionLink for webOS USB, which synchronizes using the USB cable to Pixi and Pre. This product does not depend on any Cloud service to move data from any version of Outlook to the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi. If you previously purchased CompanionLink for Google, it is free to switch to our new USB Sync product. If you haven't purchased, both products retail for $39.95 and include free telephone technical support.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    www.companionlink.com
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your update, Wayland!

I have a question, though: I love the "cloud" syncing--hooking up a USB cable to the PRE is a pain, not to mention the convenience of syncing via the web etc.

But I guess it would be nice to be able to sync via USB if 1) something like this happened again and we had to use the USB sync as a backup until things were fixed, or 2) more data could be sync'ed via USB than possible through Google on the web.

So, can we do both without incurring extra charges?

Thanks!