Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    hi

after reading all the issues people have had with their palm profiles, I thought I'd upload all my exchange contacts to gmail. All fine, export to csv, bish bash bosh all done.

so I added the account under contacts on the pre, expecting it to add the gmail contacts to my existing contacts, you know like with facebook.

but nothing.

is it not syncing or is it correct?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Robdos,

If you aren't getting a sync back from the Pre to Google and you definitely have Google setup as your default, it sounds to me that you have a problem. I'd check my password first.

If you do get that working but nothing is coming from Google to the Pre and if you are on 1.3.1 I think there was a bit in the changelog that said only contacts within "My Contacts" on Gmail are sync'd. I know that if I pass contacts into Gmail from outside (usually GooSync), they don't get tagged with "My Contacts".

Your contacts might be outside of "My Contacts" and consequently aren't getting sync'd. This is all guesswork on my part but it might be the problem.

Andrew
    If you have your contacts on Exchange you could try EAS.....ask your corporate IT Guy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    hi

after reading all the issues people have had with their palm profiles, I thought I'd upload all my exchange contacts to gmail. All fine, export to csv, bish bash bosh all done.

so I added the account under contacts on the pre, expecting it to add the gmail contacts to my existing contacts, you know like with facebook.

but nothing.

is it not syncing or is it correct?
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I have EAS set up, but I wanted to copy the contacts to google in case I get fired or something.

Password is okay, google contacts are in "My Contacts", its just not working :-(

Its weird tho as it was previously, I remember seeing someone on the phone and thinking "who's that"!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I also just created a new google contact on the pre, and it didnt sync back to google.
    Have you tried removing the account from the contacts area, rebooting and then adding it back?

Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    I have EAS set up, but I wanted to copy the contacts to google in case I get fired or something.
    Ha!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Have you tried removing the account from the contacts area, rebooting and then adding it back?

Ha!
    Not with a re-boot in the middle, will do that now
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    wow wait, there is a contact...***

LOL - that will be the one I just created!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    deleted, rebooted, added, no go
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    doctored to 1.3.1 and its seems okay now. But boy its a pain.
    Strangeness....but I'm glad to hear it's now working for you.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    thanks. Now it works I bet I get fired!