Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Went to check my email yesterday afternoon and noticed a yellow triange with an exclamation point. After further investigation, it appeared that Gmail was no longer syncing (my exchange was syncing fine).

Rebooted the phone, it didn't correct the problem. I removed the Gmail account and re-added it. That went flawlessly and the emails from prior in the day showed up.

Wake up this morning and have the same exact issue.

Has anyone had this same issue and what can I do to fix it? As far as I know, this happened totally out of the blue on Sunday. I made no changes to the phone prior to the issue occuring.

Thanks.
    You can remove it and add it back again. Though I am not sure why it would have stopped in the first place.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robjulo View Post
    Went to check my email yesterday afternoon and noticed a yellow triange with an exclamation point. After further investigation, it appeared that Gmail was no longer syncing (my exchange was syncing fine).

Rebooted the phone, it didn't correct the problem. I removed the Gmail account and re-added it. That went flawlessly and the emails from prior in the day showed up.

Wake up this morning and have the same exact issue.

Has anyone had this same issue and what can I do to fix it? As far as I know, this happened totally out of the blue on Sunday. I made no changes to the phone prior to the issue occuring.

Thanks.
    I'm having the same issue. Like you i removed and reinstalled and it still not working.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    You can remove it and add it back again. Though I am not sure why it would have stopped in the first place.
    I did remove the account and then re-added it. When I did so, it picked up the emails that it had not before from earlier in the day. However, I woke up this morning and had the exact same issue. Yellow triangle and Gmail not updating.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Same issue.
    Had the same issue over the weekend. Started working by itself this morning.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I'm going to try removing and adding one more time.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robjulo View Post
    I'm going to try removing and adding one more time.
    Deleting and re-adding the account a second time did not fix the issue.
    I had the same issue with gmail sync. My error was saying that I had a invalid password. which i hadn't changed. I don't know if someone hacked my email accounts or if it was a pre issue. But I had to get new email addresses,facebook and twitter account.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I have had the same thing occur with my Hotmail account. Just loses permissions throughout the day. Nothing at all changed except upgrading to 1.3.1.

Didn't even log out or back in of the account. It will automatically pick back up randomly thoughout the day too.

Palm has some very random issues with 1.3.1. if you ask me.
    try deleting the account, restart the pre by going to device info > reset options before adding it back
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I posted this in one of the other threads on this issue, but I'll post again here. The link below fixed my issue. It seems there was some sort of email corruption. I moved my emails from Saturday (the day the issue started) into a tempinbox on Gmail and everything works fine now.

Gmail syncing issue, yellow triangle - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Community
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missbelladaniela View Post
    I had the same issue with gmail sync. My error was saying that I had a invalid password. which i hadn't changed. I don't know if someone hacked my email accounts or if it was a pre issue. But I had to get new email addresses,facebook and twitter account.
    This has happened to me. My account stopped working and now I can get in from my phone. Went to gmail and changed my password just to be safe. Now the pre says my password is invalid even thought it isn't.

I am about to go nuts.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    google for 'google captcha'. First hit takes you to your google account page and lets you solve a captcha. Doing this has unlocked my account both times I started getting random 'invalid password' errors.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Thanks did it.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    Thanks Rotary.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Mine suddenly stopped syncing yesterday, I re-added the account and it got only what it had missed but failed to push anymore after. I then took all my google accounts off my Pre, and tried again. This time it didn't even grab what had been missed. I don't get any password errors, it just acts like there is no mail to be recieved... Any ideas?

Edit: I went to the individual Google inbox and it refreshed and started to push again... weird.
    Last edited by ieko; 12/17/2009 at 06:17 AM.