Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I have been waiting around for a decent tasks app for the Pre forever. Specifically, an app that will sync tasks online and can be viewed and added from the Pre. Well, it isn't an app but I have found a great website that can do all of that.

GQueues allows you to login with your existing Google account information so there is no need to create another username or password. It has the ability to create multiple lists to add tasks to, create recurring tasks, schedule reminders, and integrates with Google Calendar just like Google Tasks does.

And now for the best part: GQueues has a mobile site optimized for the Pre's browser so you can add and edit tasks straight from your phone (just visit GQueues from your pre), also the tasks sync to your Google Calendar and display perfectly in the Pre's calendar.

While it might not be the perfect solution (no native app or offline access) it is the best task solution that I have found for the Pre to date.
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    What is the advantage of GQueues over gmail.com/tasks?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    What is the advantage of GQueues over gmail.com/tasks?
    It adds recurring events and reminder options for tasks. Google Tasks does not sync to the Pre Calendar either. Those are just a few differences I noticed so far.

Overall, the look and feel of GQueues is very similar to Google Tasks.
    Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but I just tried it, and it's clunky, difficult to make do the easiest tasks, and entirely too simplistic for my needs.

So until Todoist makes an app for the Pre, I'm stuck.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but I just tried it, and it's clunky, difficult to make do the easiest tasks, and entirely too simplistic for my needs.

So until Todoist makes an app for the Pre, I'm stuck.
    No bubble-bursting here . I am just sharing a tasks site that I thought was the best implementation of sync-able tasks yet. Obviously it won't be perfect for every user but it works well for me.

Ideally, Google Tasks becomes adds some of these features and it could replace GQueues - or a Remember the Milk app shows up for the Pre
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    cool, no recurring task in mobile version though?

edit: i can't set reminders either. :/
    Last edited by spare; 11/23/2009 at 12:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Don't understand the "synchs" to google and pre calendar either???
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Don't understand the "synchs" to google and pre calendar either???
    It will add a calendar called GQueues to your Google Calendar account. That calendar will sync to your Pre and show your tasks due that day on your calendar view.
    I've be testing this out over the past few days... has anyone been able to share a queue with anyone without a @google.com e-mail address?

When sharing a queue it says to list anyone's e-mail address, and that it will send an invitation... However, its been nearly 24 hours and no invitation has been received. I decided to then test it on my self (share it with another e-mail of mine) and still no invitation was every received.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I've been using GQueues for a week now, and I really like it.

@MLJones8, the sharing aspect is more for others that use Google calendars

@spare, I can set reminders from the Pre. Once you've added the new event, you tap on it, and it goes to the next screen. But you are right, can't do recurring events from the Pre.

@Elizabeth1129, I agree, it's quite simplistic. But if you have another choice for how to add tasks that sync with Google, Outlook, or my desktop where I can manually enter from either Pre or desktop, I'd love to hear about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    I've been using GQueues for a week now, and I really like it.

@MLJones8, the sharing aspect is more for others that use Google calendars
    So when you share a queue it automatically shows on their google calendar rather than sending them an e-mail invite to edit the queue?

That doesn't sound right... google calendar already allows you to collaborate calendars with individuals... what good is Gqueues in providing the same service? Surely, its meant to collaborate the queues.

Edit: I invited my other gmail account... no invitation was received. However, when I logged in to Queues with the other account the shared queue was there. I guess invitations are not sent even though the procedure for sharing says so.
    Last edited by MLJones8; 12/16/2009 at 12:09 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  12. VTP
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Can you sort tasks by due date on your Pre? That's what's lacking in Google Tasks when you use the mobile version at gmail.com/tasks - there's no way to sort your tasks by due date. Does GQueues do this? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP View Post
    Can you sort tasks by due date on your Pre? That's what's lacking in Google Tasks when you use the mobile version at gmail.com/tasks - there's no way to sort your tasks by due date. Does GQueues do this? Thanks.

You can click view by: due today, due this week, all, or overdew...

Here are a few videos to watch...Video Tutorials - GQueues
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    The new features (What's New - GQueues) are showing some real progress. You can make repeat reminders with the duplicating tool (I just created it's own queue for "Routine Reminders" so they didn't clog up my inbox and dragged it to the bottom. Now you can create the tasks in your Google calendar which syncs with ur pre!! I'm not sure about recurring events initiated on the calendar will be passed onto Gqueues or not now (they didn't before).

@yellow--Gqueues integrates into Google Calendar. Just like Google tasks creates a "Tasks" calendar, GQs will create one as well. The difference is that you can use it like any other calendar and add events, rename it, share etc etc. Of course then this will sync with your pre! It will even display a little check mark in Gcalendar if you mark complete in GQs

The adding via IM, SMS, and Email are a nice addon. (I haven't tried it yet)