1.    #1  
    I am still considering the Pre. I am quite happy with the Palm Desktop (using it with my Treo) but I understand I will lose that with the Pre. I don't care for Outlook or Google. Are there any other 3rd party solutions that can be used like Palm Desktop? Having read about all the lost contacts, it's clear some type of back up program is essential.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    USB sync with Palm Pre. Sync Palm Pre with Palm Desktop, Outlook, Lotus Notes, ACT!, and other PC software

I've been using that but to sync w/ our works lotus notes. It's a little clunky but works.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    I feel your pain - I lost sync capability with my Centro when I got 64 bit computer. At the time I was not aware of the Pre, and was surprised when I called Palm Support and was basically told, "You can buy a Windows phone."

Now that I have a Pre (which I love), I have migrated to Outlook/Google. It is a bit cumbersome, but I sync with Google from the phone, and the Google is set up to automatically sync with Outlook.

I would rather have kept my Palm Desktop, but it wasn't possible with 64 bit. (The Bluetooth connection never did work.) So - I hope you can find a solution, or that someone at Palm will take their old fan base seriously once more and provide better migration techniques.
    <moved>

I second companionlink....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    But does companionlink have its own software (calendar, contacts, etc) or is it just a transfer utility to link your Outlook or Google?
    Quote Originally Posted by lc96 View Post
    But does companionlink have its own software (calendar, contacts, etc) or is it just a transfer utility to link your Outlook or Google?
    The link I provided you answers all your questions. You can use the software to sync to outlook or palm desktop. They also have solutions to sync google to outlook.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    just a transfer utility to palm desktop or other app. But you have to sync twice. You run the sync app on your PC with the palm hooked up in USB mode. Then disconnect the cable and run a sync app on your palm. The thing is it works and that's what I was looking for. At work they will not let us sync via the net due to security reasons so this is my only option with Lotus Notes. I only do my calendar.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I believe Missing Sync will serve the function you are looking for.

Keep your life in sync with The Missing Sync for Palm Pre from MarkSpace
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > Palm Zire 71 > Palm Treo 700P > Palm Pre Plus (and loving the heck out of it!!!)