Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody here a power MediaMonkey user? OK, even someone that has the basics down is likely able to teach me something.

I want to sync to the Pre. I've tried connecting it as USB and in Media Sync mode, neither seems to work.

Can anyone give me a detailed walk through?

My preference would be to avoid all the iPod/iTunes nonsense, and just store the files on \Music folder (when the Pre is in USB mode)

Any help will be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    The Pre should just appear in the left hand explorer view once connected. You then right-click on the tracks you want to copy to the Pre and choose 'Send to...' > 'PALM PRE'.

Windows Media Player copies music to the Pre fine as well.
  3.    #3  
    Conect in which mode?
    • Just Charge
    • USB Drive
    • Media Sync

Edit
    ===
    OK, I tried all three. The only one that made anything show on the left hand explorer screen was Media Sync mode. But it didn't show up as Palm Pre, it showed as Novacom
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Conect in which mode?
    • Just Charge
    • USB Drive
    • Media Sync

Edit
    ===
    OK, I tried all three. The only one that made anything show on the left hand explorer screen was Media Sync mode. But it didn't show up as Palm Pre, it showed as Novacom
    Perhaps you have the Pre in Dev Mode? That might be why your getting Novacom? Try taking the phone out of Dev Mode and try again. Media Monkey has been working just fine for me for months.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Does anybody know if buying the pro version gives one access to all future updates?
  7.    #7  
    Thanks to all three of you! The Dev Mode setting was the issue. I got things to sync using Media Sync and Novacom, but didn't like the extra files it seemed determined to put on the Pre. Taking it out of Dev Mode fixed things. Thanks folks!
    How are everyones coverart copying over? My results have been mediocre at best.
  9.    #9  
    OK, next question. I've got it where it will send the Album Art where I want it, but the music files are going to the wrong spot. What do I need to set differently? (see attachment)

As it is, the MP3 files are stored in the root of the USB drive (\media\internal)

I'd like them to store in \Music\ using the \<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Title> format.

Attached Images Attached Images
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Thanks to all three of you! The Dev Mode setting was the issue. I got things to sync using Media Sync and Novacom, but didn't like the extra files it seemed determined to put on the Pre. Taking it out of Dev Mode fixed things. Thanks folks!
    Thanks for the thanks Glad I could help.
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    How are everyones coverart copying over? My results have been mediocre at best.
    I've found that cover art not properly copying over to the Pre is not a function of Media Monkey, but rather that of the source file (i.e. - iTunes, Amazon, etc.). If you have Media Monkey search for new cover art on Amazon, and then instruct it to embed the new art work into the mp3 tag, that always fixes the problem for me.
  12.    #12  
    I got the cover art to sync where I wanted (see settings above). I chose .CoverArt (with the leading . ) so it wouldn't show up with the photo app. Now I have to get some control on where the MP3 files end up.
    Just an FYI, it looks like media monkey differentiates between USB and Media sync mode. When I media sync it calls it some kind of generic device, when I USB it shows it as Palm Pre. The different modes save different options.

Tip. When using auto-sync to avoid deleting ringtowns and other sounds under exceptions make sure to use \ringtones and \amazonMP3. Also you can use *mp4 to ignore videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmt5 View Post
    Does anybody know if buying the pro version gives one access to all future updates?
    if that's the 40 dollar version, then yes. the 20 dollar version, no, it will only give you updates to whatever 3.XX you download at the time of purchase.
    OK, next question. I've got it where it will send the Album Art where I want it, but the music files are going to the wrong spot. What do I need to set differently? (see attachment)

As it is, the MP3 files are stored in the root of the USB drive (\media\internal)

I'd like them to store in \Music\ using the \<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Title> format.

hit the Configure button next to the Sync Tracks To field with the drop down menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    if that's the 40 dollar version, then yes. the 20 dollar version, no, it will only give you updates to whatever 3.XX you download at the time of purchase.
    Maybe you're saying this and i'm misunderstanding your word choice, but I thought it was that the $20 would give you updates for any future 3.xx builds, but when they do a major program update to 4.xx you won't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomo4308 View Post
    Maybe you're saying this and i'm misunderstanding your word choice, but I thought it was that the $20 would give you updates for any future 3.xx builds, but when they do a major program update to 4.xx you won't get it.
    yes, thats what im saying.

the 40 dollar version is updates for life, even if they go up to version 93.XX.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    hit the Configure button next to the Sync Tracks To field with the drop down menu.
    Thanks for the try, but it still copies everything to the root of the USB drive. Interestingly, there's an icon to browse for the "Main Directory" setting, but the icon is faded out, and I can't click on it.

Tried various \Music Music\ \Music\ settings, but everything puts the files at the root.
    Thanks for the try, but it still copies everything to the root of the USB drive. Interestingly, there's an icon to browse for the "Main Directory" setting, but the icon is faded out, and I can't click on it.

Tried various \Music Music\ \Music\ settings, but everything puts the files at the root.
    youre gonna make me acutally put music on my phone to fix this for you, arent you?

Hmm, works for me. I do \Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Artist> - <Title>

Just a thought, do you even a music folder?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast