Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomo4308 View Post
    Hmm, works for me. I do \Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Artist> - <Title>

Just a thought, do you even a music folder?
    Yes. I have a \Music (\media\Internal\Music) folder.

I'm running Windows 7. I'm wondering if it might be a rights issue.

Interestingly, it copies the album art with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Thanks for the try, but it still copies everything to the root of the USB drive. Interestingly, there's an icon to browse for the "Main Directory" setting, but the icon is faded out, and I can't click on it.

Tried various \Music Music\ \Music\ settings, but everything puts the files at the root.
    Actually I've just run into the same problem. It worked fine when using Media Sync but when I tried USB mode it would put everything into the main directory no matter what.

So Just use Media Sync.
    Actually I've just run into the same problem. It worked fine when using Media Sync but when I tried USB mode it would put everything into the main directory no matter what.

So Just use Media Sync.
    I've just reconfirmed this. Went back to Media sync and it put everything the proper folders.
    Media Sync seems to work better, syncing seems faster, you can reconstruct the library so that the music player only registers existing songs (with USB mode the library would still show old songs but just skip over them if you tried to play), and you can sync music into folders.
  5.    #25  
    Sorry guys, Media Sync doesn't work for me either. It just shows up as Drive E. I'm going to watch this for a few more days, but I think I'm redy to write this off to "Not ready for prime-time"
    Sorry guys, Media Sync doesn't work for me either. It just shows up as Drive E. I'm going to watch this for a few more days, but I think I'm redy to write this off to "Not ready for prime-time"
    im playing COD for the rest of the night, but ill figure this out tomorrow.

media monkey is weird when first using it.
    Did you install the windows 7 altered driver thingy? I forget where I saw it but it's probably a sticky somewhere. Gotta do a quick change to the installer for the novathing for windows 7.
  8.    #28  
    Did you install the windows 7 altered driver thingy? I forget where I saw it but it's probably a sticky somewhere. Gotta do a quick change to the installer for the novathing for windows 7.
    No, didn't do that. Think I'm going to play more tomorrow after church.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I was playing with media monkey and at some point i click on rebuild database and now ringers are on my music database...phone was on media sync and appeared as mass storage on media monkey. when i launch the music app ringers appeared on it ....anybody know how to correct the database... i would apreciate....i really need help! anybody know??
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gerstoscar View Post
    I was playing with media monkey and at some point i click on rebuild database and now ringers are on my music database...phone was on media sync and appeared as mass storage on media monkey. when i launch the music app ringers appeared on it ....anybody know how to correct the database... i would apreciate....i really need help! anybody know??
    I believe the ringers appearing listed in the music app on your Pre don't have anything to do with having rebuilt the database of files within Media Monkey. The database Media Monkey rebuilt was its knowledge of the files on your Pre, not what the Pre's music app sees on your phone. The music app on your pre finds all "music" files on the Pre, not just the music you intended to listen to as music. The ringers you are now seeing should have been present before as well, but perhaps you just didn't notice them?
    Does anyone know if I delete the iPod_Control folder, will Media Monkey rebuild it when I go to resync? I'm having some weirdness in Music Player Plus with duplicate tracks and I wanted to clean out all my MP3s, which are a mix of directly transferred by USB drive and those sent over when my Pre was in Media Sync mode.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    perhaps i did not notice, after having a break i came back and erase all my music manually. I copied new music to the phone. Only to find out that i had 300 songs instead of te 200 i just copied. i rebuild the phone database and now is showing the right number of songs. But now i found i have more than 300 art pics on myu phone. Any ideas of how to work better. Is it better to embedem on ID3 tag or to have a folder in a diferent directory. The last seems to add al the pics to phone ....Im now using Media Monkey with my phone on media sync.
  13.    #33  
    OK, even though I waited longer than "after church", I finally found a solution to my problem.

You have to go to the MediaMonkey.ini file, and add the following line:

[WMDM]
    COMApartmentThreading=1

Adding this fixed it for me. MediaMonkey.ini is in different places in your user directory, depending on which version of Windows you are using. The solution is here:

MediaMonkey &bull; View topic - Synching with Palm Pre

Even though it relates specifically to another device, the answer works for the Pre.

I am now syncing fine using USB Mode, sycing to the device labled Palm Pre in Media Monkey.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12