Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    my Pre can't sync to Gmail anymore! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do not receive pushed messages and when i try to sync manually i get that yellow triangle. How can i diagnose that error?

some basic information:

i tried rebooting thé phone, readding the account and webos doctoring the phone without any success.

thanks,

alex
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Please refrain from claiming that "Gmail sync broken!" when in fact, it is not. Mine is syncing just fine so it is something with your phone. Sorry I can't help beyond that.
    Dragbug, you're dismissing a valid request for assistance. Just because your service isn't broken doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.

I too am having this same issue. I've never had problems syncing Gmail previously until about 36-48 hours ago...not exactly sure when. Seems to correspond with the latest OS update I downloaded.

Anyway, I've tried rebooting, re-adding the IMAP server details, username, password, etc. The only success I've had is deleting the Gmail profile and re-adding it from scratch. It synced my emails upon initial setup, but not again after...same issue returned: yellow warning triangle and no updating.

Anyone with a useful response?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbilo View Post
    my Pre can't sync to Gmail anymore! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do not receive pushed messages and when i try to sync manually i get that yellow triangle. How can i diagnose that error?

some basic information:

i tried rebooting thé phone, readding the account and webos doctoring the phone without any success.

thanks,

alex
    make sure you are on an EVDO connection. If you're using a wifi signal (at a restaurant, cafe, etc) sometimes they require a login first before it allows you to access your email.

If you're using wifi, launch a web page (Espn.com) and it will first ask for a login/validation screen before allowing you to access their IP.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    It is, in fact, broken. Not for everyone for sure, but mine is broken and it is the case for several individuals if I judge from the threads that appear on the Pre forums.

Anyway, I verified that my connectivity is just fine (EVDO). Initial syncing after readding the account (and resetting the phone) went fine but I do not get my emails afterward. A few emails land in my inbox from time to time if I sync manually, however not all of them, not often and they certainly not get pushed. Most syncing operations finish with that yellow triangle.

No need to ramble about the importance of emails to me!!! Anyone has some trick to at least learn what is the actual error?

Thanks,

Alex
    I'm having the same problem. The only thing i've found that gets rid of the triangle is set my sync times to "5 mins" instead of "as they arrive". While that is no fix, it's better than nothing for now and you get your emails every 5 mins. Freakin' Palm, why do they have to break things??
    Dragbug has a point, if it's working for him it's probably configuration rather than it truly being broken, and the title should instead be more like "My Gmail Sync is Broken", it's informative and doesn't cause people to panic.

But yeah from what I've heard you have a few ways you can try to fix it. You can delete the account and re-add it, change it to 5 mins like Hernie suggested, you can Dr. your phone or search this forumn for more specific information (usually an old thread will have the best solution in it if your willing to search through it after everyone has forgotten what it was)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi Alex,

I agree that I could have made the title My gmail sync is broken, however I don't think that's the point.

I could have missed something, but I searched the forums and googled thoroughly without finding any working solution.

As stated previously in this thread, I tried:

- Restarting the phone
    - Removing my Gmail account and re-adding it
    - Resetting the phone completely with Web OS doctor

My sync setting is at 15 min. actually. All those actions failed and that's why I inquired on this forum.

Thank you,

Alexis
    I had this issue and doing the procedure below solved the issues for me.
    from the home screen Press the Green Phone key.
    Tap Menu.
    Tap Preferences.
    Scroll down.
    Tap Update Network Settings.
    The device will connect to Sprint Provisioning and update the Data Profile.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip AOW. I am out of luck, I don't have this option with Bell.

Geez!

Alex
    I'm also having a problem with GMail sync since the update. I do have some patches installed, but the issue was present before I reinstalled the patches. Anyone heard what the cause is?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbilo View Post
    Thanks for the tip AOW. I am out of luck, I don't have this option with Bell.

Geez!

Alex

Any chance than that maybe this is a Bell issue as far as finding a resolution?

Just thinking, if a sprint phone resetting it's data profiles fixes the issue, maybe there was a gmail/google issue that tweaked data sync for some and being on bell you do not have the options to easily resync your phones data profiles? Maybe contact Bell and see if it is at least a known issue? Never know, sometimes this kinda stuff can be network related and not necessarily the fault of phone or service.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    This is really frustrating I have to say, has anyone seen an exclamation icon in the top right of the gmail account? I have this but it doesnt say anything as to what it might mean.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I had the exclamation icon too. I also wasn't getting push even though that was what it was set to; I had to manually get mail. One thread said that it was related to the number of emails being stored and recommended reducing the storage to 3 days. I had it at 2 weeks, reduced it to 3 days, the icon went away and I got push. I later increased it to 7 days and the icon hasn't returned. Never had a problem until the 1.3.1 update.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I also tried reducing the storage to 3 days (and even 1 day for that matters) with no success (I have approx. 100 messages in my inbox currently when I had always 1000 before it stopped working)

Thanks,

Alex
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I had the same issue starting last night, but no yellow triangle - the little spinner in the top right would just keep going forever. I made no changes to the phone between the time it worked and the time it didn't. I got one email but didn't get the next one that was sent 2 hours later.

I seem to have gotten it working again, but I'm not sure if it was the last thing I did or a combination of all or some things. Here's what I did (after restarting the phone a couple of times with no luck):

1) Update Network Settings (as AOW suggested in #9)
    2) reduced my storage from 7 days to 3
    3) started Thunderbird on my PC to download my emails so Gmail would move them to "All Mail". It had been a couple of days since the last time I did this, and I had 40+ messages in the "In" box - reading them on the phone doesn't move them, it just marks them as read.

I sent myself test messages after each step. It started working again after step 3, and is pushing just fine. Hopefully, it will keep working.

I'm not sure that this is a WebOS issue - it may be something on Google's end. I checked the Gmail help forums, and it looks like iPhone3G users had a similar problem late last month that was resolved a couple of weeks ago.

Also, Moderators: It looks like there is a duplicate thread on this issue "gmail not syncing". Someone may want to merge the two.
    I was able to borrow my buddy's Pre and check settings side by side. His is working normally, mine is not.

We're both using normal gmail accounts with IMAP. All settings between the two are IDENTICAL, but the email is not downloading to mine while his comes down fine. IMAP, SSL, Ports, SMTP, push immediately, 7 days history, etc etc. We've both updated to 1.3.1, same Sprint 2.0 configuration, same model number...I can't think of anything else to check for discrepancies?

I've deleted the account, re-added the account, refreshed network settings, changed all different push/fetch options, storage time...I'm going to try a Full Erase from the Device Info's Reset Options. I'll update with my results.
    have you tried adding your email account to his phone and seeing if it gives his phone the same error?
    I am having the same problem this might have been going on for a while with me. I just noticed it today wondering why I haven't had any alerts. Sycned manual and all 30 emails came in from friday night to now. This might be on googles end.
    Update:

Finished the Full Erase operation and reloaded the phone's settings from scratch; Problem persists...still getting the yellow exclamation triangle when trying to update.

Additionally, I added my gmail account to my friend's confirmed working Palm Pre (his gmail is syncing correctly as we speak). With both email accounts loaded onto his Palm Pre, my email account WOULD NOT sync and his would. This indicates some sort of configuration issue with the gmail account itself or something to do with the gmail servers hosting some of the accounts? On another note, my Mac Mail 3 is working normally using IMAP on this gmail account, so the IMAP isn't likely the issue.

I'll start poking around the gmail settings in my account profile and start looking through Google's KB, etc.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast