Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think it is on googles end. I mean I deleted gmail accounts from my phone and google exchange and now if I re-create the accounts neither will log in at all.
    Same issue here. Glad to hear it wasn't just me
    Gmail is syncing for me now after going from exchange to normal gmail account, but calendar and contacts is still no go.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Add me to the list affected by this issue.

Went to check my email yesterday afternoon and noticed a yellow triange with an exclamation point. After further investigation, it appeared that Gmail was no longer syncing (my exchange was syncing fine).

Rebooted the phone, it didn't correct the problem. I removed the Gmail account and re-added it. That went flawlessly and the emails from prior in the day showed up.

Wake up this morning and have the same exact issue.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I came across this thread:
    Gmail syncing issue, yellow triangle - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Community

I followed the advice to move all emails from today back through the day the issue began to a temp folder in gmail. I then re-synched and it worked without issue.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    If you're using Gmail IMAP (instead of POP) as god intended, while viewing an e-mail on the Pre you can use the menu to select Move to Folder and select All Mail, this archives them from the Pre. Also, if you use WebOS Quick Install, you can install the patch here to add a Move to Folder button on the bottom of the screen to avoid the menu taps. Another alternative is if you archive more than you delete, go into your gmail account settings on the Pre and select [Gmail]/All Mail as your trash folder and then swipe/deletes from the main e-mail page will actually archive the e-mail instead of trashing it, and you can just use move to folder when you do want to trash an e-mail instead...
    I know, and that's a good suggestion for people who don't already have it set up on their computer, or were just using Gmail as webmail before the Pre (pre-Pre?). I was using Thunderbird before I got my Pre since my old phone didn't have email, so it was already set up. I also like having a backup of my emails on my computer, in case Google has issues and loses things, so I just start up Thunderbird about once a week and let it download everything.
    have been having this problem since the patch, however when I use EVDO it seems to work fine, when i'm on an open wifi I get the yellow triangle
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthillmob View Post
    I was having this problem (as was my wife) and I also tried everything up to and including webos doctor (first to 1.2.x with an immediate upgrade to 1.3.1 and then directly to 1.3.1 when it became available). Nothing seemed to work. Something of interest was that on initially adding the account, it would appear to load my inbox ok, but no subsequent messages would appear, even with a manual refresh...... however, a manual refresh in my all mail folder appeared to work. I have contacted palm via online chat, but the person I talked to could not help. He has escalated it and says I will be called back (not happened so far, and it has been a couple of days).

In the meantime, I have managed to fix the problem. It seems the email application/gmail sync was having an issue with one of the emails..... the only way we discovered which one it was is because my wife and I had the same email in common. Deleting this email cause the problem to resolve. If palm ever call me back, i will inform them of this. Of course, in getting to this point I doctored my phone (mildly inconvenient) and palm screwed my backed up contacts details (bloody annoying!!) so I have lost the numbers of people....... nice :-(. I am going to put this down to a problem with 1.3.1 as I get a load of email from various sources and had no problem previously.

Long story short, this situation sucks..... a smart phone with no email is kind of useless..... as is a backup utility that may or may not have backed up your information. Anyway, if you can remember the last email you received successfully (i.e. before the phone stopped working the first time), I would suggest deleting it (or the one after it) and seeing if that helps.

Good luck!
    I first made sure POP3 was disabled on the settings screen on Google's gmail site. I then enabled IMAP on the same settings page and saved the changes. Still, the Pre's email app would continuously refresh but never update the emails.

I then followed your advice and it worked! I looked at the Pre to see what the last email received was. I then went to the gmail website and deleted that same email from there (had to go through a few pages worth of email to find it). I then swiped it away on the Pre. Immedietly all of the emails received since the 1.3.1 update started downloading to my Pre.

I would have never have thought of trying this. Thanks!
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ok,

I an effort to get mine working I deleted my gmail account and now I am trying to reinstall it. It keeps saying failure you need to log into the website (which I have done). I am going nuts with out this thing.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Okay think I found a solution.

First thing I did was I found out that Gmail (google) tends to shutdown peoples accounts if they are connecting too many times. Apparently it thinks we are computer trying to hack in. So it will disable or lock the system.

So here is what I did.

1. Changed my gmail or google password (nothing happened)
    2. Moved all emails to another folder or deleted (nothing happened)
    3. Deleting all Google Accounts and reinstalling (Nothing happened)
    4. Resetting device (Nothing happened)
    5. Went to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

And everything was fixed. Googled I guess doesn't recommend we keep our IMAP accounts syncing as items arrive, instead to do it on 10 min intervals. Otherwise it will lock our accounts occassionally. After doing this, everything was fine.
    Last edited by BenJoeM; 11/27/2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: error
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    OK that captcha reset seems to be working for me. But I keep getting locked out. Looking at my gmail log I think I know why it is happening.... I turned on my wifi on my phone, so while the phone is open it is checking gmail from my wifi IP and when it is locked it is checking over EVDO. I think the constant checking from multiple IP's is what is making gmail mad. I'm gonna leave my wifi off for a few days and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Same problem as the rest and tried every workaround listed and still not getting any emails. This is really starting to annoy the crap out of me. Gonna call Sprint in the AM and see what they can do to help me. Might just go up to the Sprint store as well since it is right around the corner.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM View Post
    Okay think I found a solution.

First thing I did was I found out that Gmail (google) tends to shutdown peoples accounts if they are connecting too many times. Apparently it thinks we are computer trying to hack in. So it will disable or lock the system.

So here is what I did.

1. Changed my gmail or google password (nothing happened)
    2. Moved all emails to another folder or deleted (nothing happened)
    3. Deleting all Google Accounts and reinstalling (Nothing happened)
    4. Resetting device (Nothing happened)
    5. Went to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

And everything was fixed. Googled I guess doesn't recommend we keep our IMAP accounts syncing as items arrive, instead to do it on 10 min intervals. Otherwise it will lock our accounts occassionally. After doing this, everything was fine.
    As I said in my first post, Gmail is not "broken" as is claimed by this thread. If Gmail was broken, I am pretty sure everyone would know it from the news media. So I stand by my original comment about the thread title. That said, I still have not had any problems with the phone its self with syncing. I like most people am using wifi when available and EVDO when not. I also have mine set to "as items arrive" However, I may not be getting near the amount of emails that others are. So it may have to do with the above post.
    Well I was still getting locked using no wifi, so I guess the culprit is the push email. It's a shame cause that was like my favorite thing, but oh well.
    can i just set it to pop3, and forget imap? I don't remember it work correctly on the bb either. i' need my gmail to be reliable and it isn't. I log in and i see new emails, and I can't figure out why, plus i want to be able to use 1xrtt which doesn't seem to work well at all with gmail and imap.
    Last edited by rosenbaaron; 11/29/2009 at 10:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I had the same yellow exclamation point on my Gmail sync, immediately after the 1.3.1 update (coincidence?).

Now its gone and syncing, thanks to BenJoeM's advice to visit https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

After visiting the site and unlocking my online Gmail account I reinstalled my Gmail account on the Pre and everything works fine

I have it set for push and its POP.

Hope this works for everyone else!
    I'm not sure what areas are affected, but my Gmail is down here in Portland.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I opened a ticket with Palm after I narrowed down a repeatable problem of the yellow "!" with IMAP to google email and use of the IDLE process; immediate email delivery or "as item arrive" setting basically. Having several google email addresses I was able to narrow down the yellow "!" to the "as items arrive" setting. I did the delete messages, delete and rebuild the email account in the Pre, wipe and reset the phone. As I also happen to have a warranty issue I in-between all this and warranty reburbs came with OS 1.2.1 I was able to see that it was working prior to 1.3.1 OS update on 2 different phones.
    The current work around I got was changing the IMAP email checking time to 5 minutes vs the immediate. Yea it sucks but until there is a patch it seems there is littel that can be done. Other than trying to confirm similar behavior on your Pre's and opening a free web chat case with Palm to get more visibility.
    I have same problem, for the second time. The first time was with my Gmail account and Bell said my phone was bad so it was replaced. All was well for about 3 weeks now the same problem is back as follows:

With the second phone, my problem is not with Gmail but instead with my regular POP email account at "Netfirms" where my website hosted. I have 2 mail accounts there and only one of them is broken.

Here is how it is broken: I can send email just fine using the "broken" address but cannot receive the emails on my Pre even though I can read them on my desktop sytem. It worked fine until 3 days ago, settings were "show 7 days" "read every 30 mins", there were 105 emails in this account on my pre when it stopped receiving mail. I talked to support at Netfirms and they cannot see anything wrong, all settings were verified to be good.

My wife also has a pre, compared all settings as good. Loaded my "broken" email account address to her phone and have the identical problem as above.

I have Reset my phone, removed and reinstalled the "broken" email account, changed to 3 days, etc - nothing fixes it.

What I have learned as a temporary workaround is this: It only affects the one account andd my other accounts work fine so i forwarded my email (keep a copy) from the broken account to another one and read that other one on my pre so now I get all my email icluding from the broken one. And the broken one still works fine on my desktop.

This time I am not letting Bell replace my phone - they know nothing.

Hopefully this problem will eventually go away via a patch or release from Palm ??????? ARE YOU THERE PALM???????????????

Kevin.
    I discovered today that 1 of my gmail accounts hadn't synced in 48 hours... the other was syncing just fine. I tried what was suggested in post #23 and deleted the oldest email that hadn't synced... refreshed the Palm, and everything is back to normal.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123