Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Having the same problem here... but just noticed something interesting...

I have "two" Google Accounts:

1) GoogleApps (myDomain.com)
    2) Gmail (gmail.com)

I'm having the problem on my GoogleApps account... NOT on the Gmail account (the Gmail account is syncing just fine).

I'm curious if others having the problem are on GoogleApp accounts or Gmail accounts.

Report back and we'll see if there is a pattern.
    here's something for you, have you by chance ever used MvAPP to symlink the email to your 8gig partition. i did at one time, not sure if this may have caused it.
    Hey everyone... try this!

On your PC,
    1) log into your gmail account.
    2) create a new label (called mine "TempInbox")
    3) select everything in your Inbox and MOVE it to the TempInBox
    4) try synching on your Palm Pre

Mine worked within one minute!

Report back your results
    still get the triangle
    I'm using gmail.com. Very strange. Was working after the update I think. Mmm
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    3) started Thunderbird on my PC to download my emails so Gmail would move them to "All Mail". It had been a couple of days since the last time I did this, and I had 40+ messages in the "In" box - reading them on the phone doesn't move them, it just marks them as read.
    If you're using Gmail IMAP (instead of POP) as god intended, while viewing an e-mail on the Pre you can use the menu to select Move to Folder and select All Mail, this archives them from the Pre. Also, if you use WebOS Quick Install, you can install the patch here to add a Move to Folder button on the bottom of the screen to avoid the menu taps. Another alternative is if you archive more than you delete, go into your gmail account settings on the Pre and select [Gmail]/All Mail as your trash folder and then swipe/deletes from the main e-mail page will actually archive the e-mail instead of trashing it, and you can just use move to folder when you do want to trash an e-mail instead...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I was having this problem (as was my wife) and I also tried everything up to and including webos doctor (first to 1.2.x with an immediate upgrade to 1.3.1 and then directly to 1.3.1 when it became available). Nothing seemed to work. Something of interest was that on initially adding the account, it would appear to load my inbox ok, but no subsequent messages would appear, even with a manual refresh...... however, a manual refresh in my all mail folder appeared to work. I have contacted palm via online chat, but the person I talked to could not help. He has escalated it and says I will be called back (not happened so far, and it has been a couple of days).

In the meantime, I have managed to fix the problem. It seems the email application/gmail sync was having an issue with one of the emails..... the only way we discovered which one it was is because my wife and I had the same email in common. Deleting this email cause the problem to resolve. If palm ever call me back, i will inform them of this. Of course, in getting to this point I doctored my phone (mildly inconvenient) and palm screwed my backed up contacts details (bloody annoying!!) so I have lost the numbers of people....... nice :-(. I am going to put this down to a problem with 1.3.1 as I get a load of email from various sources and had no problem previously.

Long story short, this situation sucks..... a smart phone with no email is kind of useless..... as is a backup utility that may or may not have backed up your information. Anyway, if you can remember the last email you received successfully (i.e. before the phone stopped working the first time), I would suggest deleting it (or the one after it) and seeing if that helps.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by anthillmob View Post
    Anyway, if you can remember the last email you received successfully (i.e. before the phone stopped working the first time), I would suggest deleting it (or the one after it) and seeing if that helps.

Good luck!
    Interesting... which may be why my method in post #23 above worked for me: (see post #23)
    Last edited by JohnNadeau; 11/21/2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: wrong shortcut
    I too have not had any issue with GMail.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I'm using gmail.com. Very strange. Was working after the update I think. Mmm
    Hey Skinneejay... so are you having the syncing problem? If so, did you have a chance to try out post #23 ?
    Along similar lines to the fixes that other people have suggested, I came across a thread that indicated there may be some issue with the emails that are filed in the Inbox folder.

With Gmail, I've never bothered creating additional folders, filters, or rules...I've merely left incoming mail in the Inbox and outgoing mail in the Sent Mail folders. I went through and archived any mail older than this week. I went from about 14,000 emails to about 400. The Pre immediately updated and pulled down the updated Inbox messages with no other changes to the phone.

Stragely, the "All Mail" folder was working fine all along, and obviously had more emails since it included sent, spam, and other mail as well. Who knows...hopefully Palm or Gmail will still address, but for now, I can still access all my messages and the Inbox is functioning once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNadeau View Post
    Hey everyone... try this!

On your PC,
    1) log into your gmail account.
    2) create a new label (called mine "TempInbox")
    3) select everything in your Inbox and MOVE it to the TempInBox
    4) try synching on your Palm Pre

Mine worked within one minute!

Report back your results
    This is similar to the fix I used. Archiving the emails from within Gmail works the same it seems.
    for some weird reason my email alerted me two four new emails in a row. As to making me think its working now. I'm not by a computer to try the method in post number 23. I will be watching it tonight to see if it works.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    1. I use google apps
    2. As of today, the problem disappeared all by itself, this makes me think that it was a glitch with either google or the carrier or whatever...

Hope this won't come back as 1 week w/o email kinda sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbilo View Post
    ...Hope this won't come back as 1 week w/o email kinda sucks
    Curious... did you have your Pre set to download emails less than 7 days old ? If so, that might explain why it started working for you "one week" later ?

This would have the same net effect as what I did and what bkamprud did.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I tried everything listed in this thread and I am 100 % sure that it did not correct the problem (last time I did a manual sync I got the yellow triangle). Then in the afternoon yesterday I got a pushed email and then no more triangle, even when syncing manually...
    Still a no go for me. I am going to try what was posted in post 23. worked last night for like ten minutes. I got home this morning and emailed my self and nothing showed, I'm not even getting a notification. I'm wondering if a partial reset is in order?
    Just a thought here....I have the "Delete Email from the main notification screen" patch on my phone. Since that updated, I get my emails just fine, but when I delete them on my Pre, they do not delete on my Google Apps account....I am wondering if that patch has something to do with it...I have not removed it to test, but just a thought that hit me.
    Okay, I just ran a couple tests....I left the "Delete from Notification" patch installed and if I delete an email from the main screen it stays in my mailbox on my Google Apps...if I delete the message from the Pre e-mail app, then it deletes from the Google Apps Mail on the computer....other than that..all syncing is working fine between Google and Pre.
    I remember that also. I liked the way it used to work.....emailing it from the server too.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast