1.    #1  
    My gmail account doesn't sync anymore. I don't know why. I have had 1.3.1 for a few days and all of sudden it stopped working. I try to sync and a yellow triangle shows up with an exclamation point. I know I have mail, cause when I regularly log-on, it is fine. But for some reason I get no inbox gmail when I sync. I tried removing the account and adding it again, but I still have the same issue.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    My gmail account doesn't sync anymore. I don't know why. I have had 1.3.1 for a few days and all of sudden it stopped working. I try to sync and a yellow triangle shows up with an exclamation point. I know I have mail, cause when I regularly log-on, it is fine. But for some reason I get no inbox gmail when I sync. I tried removing the account and adding it again, but I still have the same issue.
    you are gonna hate me, but just hear me out. i had the same problem... with all of the accounts on my phone, and not just email. the calendar, the contacts... i tried full reset. that kinda worked...then i manually erased the accounts individually, and then readded. worked sort of...

yesterday, my wife changed her profile pic on her facebook and it didnt switch over on my Pre. i was at work, but i removed all patches first. removed preware, then did a full (hard) reset. powered my phone back on and it went through the steps of syncing perfectly.

try it. full reset. just make sure you have the contacts and such backed up on palm, and have things in order on gmail calendar or whatever.

...if this helps, hit the thanks.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    DON't USE PALM FOR YOUR BACKUP! There is a known issue that conracts are not coming back. Sync them to gmail (my contacts sync works, but not my inbox), or wait to use missing sync or something.
  4.    #4  
    Too late. I reset my phone and now I don't have half my contacts. Most of my numbers from the palm cloud are gone. Why can't they let us sink it with the PC and just have a back up.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    After the download of the new patch, I'm no longer receiving any emails!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I just posted a possible fix in another thread.

Here's what I did (after restarting the phone a couple of times with no luck):

1) Update Network Settings
    [ From the Phone App drop down menu:
    Tap Preferences.
    Scroll down.
    Tap Update Network Settings.
    The device will connect to Sprint Provisioning and update the Data Profile.]
    2) reduced my storage from 7 days to 3
    3) started Thunderbird on my PC to download my emails so Gmail would move them to "All Mail". It had been a couple of days since the last time I did this, and I had 40+ messages in the "In" box - reading them on the phone doesn't move them, it just marks them as read.

I sent myself test messages after each step. It started working again after step 3, and is pushing just fine. Hopefully, it will keep working.

I'm not sure that this is a WebOS issue - it may be something on Google's end. I checked the Gmail help forums, and it looks like iPhone3G users had a similar problem late last month that was resolved a couple of weeks ago.
    Moderators: You may want to merge these two threads, they seem to be addressing the same issue.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Is there a way that I can change my default account all i have is the choice of Sucky palm profile and Google. I would also like to use Yahoo if its possible.
    Sorry for the double-post, but I thought this might not get to some users not subscribed to the "other" thread:

Hey everyone... try this!

On your PC,
    1) log into your gmail account.
    2) create a new label (called mine "TempInbox")
    3) select everything in your Inbox and MOVE it to the TempInBox
    4) try synching on your Palm Pre

Mine worked within one minute!

Report back your results