1.    #1  
    I am getting a pre tomorrow and only use a mac. Is missing sync my best option for syncing to the pre? I only use the address book and iCal on my mac for storing contact and calendar information, I do not have my contacts or calendars stored in google or yahoo. Any advice on what would be my best and easiest option to sync my contacts and calendars? I would greatly appreciate any help with this!
    Open a Google account, use that as primary and sync that with your Mac. The Google account will then sync with the Pre.

Get Started with CalDAV - Google Calendar Help
  3.    #3  
    If I want to sync my itunes music to my pre, is the missing sync my only option?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Open a Google account, use that as primary and sync that with your Mac. The Google account will then sync with the Pre.

Get Started with CalDAV - Google Calendar Help
    I tried this and seem to be getting stuck, I looked and my iCal is version 4.0 and I'm running Snow Leopard. Could this be causing the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by metrowarrior79 View Post
    If I want to sync my itunes music to my pre, is the missing sync my only option?
    many users here like doubletwist as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    many users here like doubletwist as well...
    I'm sorry I don't know anything about doubletwist. Will doubletwist allow you to sync your current itunes library to your pre?
    I don't know how Google and ical work together- but Google WILL not properly sync contacts (certian fields are treated differently)

Using Missing Sync will keep your vcards formatted same as addressbook but is a "hotsync" solution rather than a cloud one- which has it's own set of problems (duplicate entries, not syncing properly- not seeing handset vs. desktop)

I used their beta, then much later purchased the app and had an error that really screwed my data and had to restart from my 1st install on the pre. I don't like how Missing Sync is actually acting as your MAIN PROFILE rather than syncing one or multiple existing ones with your desktop. I guess this is a shortcoming of the pre- I'd much rather like a sync app that CONSOLIDATES ALL PROFILES calendar and contacts but keeps them labeled in categories keeping the profiles seperate. By these Sync solutions ONLY syncing 1 profile the benefits of the pre is LOST on the desktop end.

Which is why PALM should have supplied us with a desktop client even if it only was a "cloud based one".
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I'm sorry I don't know anything about doubletwist. Will doubletwist allow you to sync your current itunes library to your pre?
    I just started playing with DoubleTwist. Seems like a nice solution if you just want to sync music and photos and the price is attractive. I've used it to sync iTunes music and iPhoto photos to the Pre. One thing I like is that it maintains the albums in iPhoto. You can't just check a bunch of boxes to specific what to sync, but you can select individual photos which is kinda nice. I just use one big playlist to import the subset of the iTunes music that I want to take up space on the Pre.
    A little late, but this thread never really answered the OP:

I am getting a pre tomorrow and only use a mac. Is missing sync my best option for syncing to the pre? I only use the address book and iCal on my mac for storing contact and calendar information, I do not have my contacts or calendars stored in google or yahoo. Any advice on what would be my best and easiest option to sync my contacts and calendars? I would greatly appreciate any help with this!

Yes! The Missing Sync will do exactly what you want. Seems to work well for me... definitely worth its price tag. I haven't seen any issue with mis-synchronization as whippingboy has... perhaps that was some beta behavior.

It doesn't do Notes/Memos or Tasks yet... but it is coming soon... they have non-sync'ing apps already available in the Palm App Catalog.