webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > HOWTO Transfer Contacts from Palm Profile to Gmail/Yahoo! Mail. Easier Way!!!
HOWTO Transfer Contacts from Palm Profile to Gmail/Yahoo! Mail. Easier Way!!!
Like Tree1Likes

Old 04/02/2011, 03:30 PM   #41 (permalink)

Good idea, but I was trying to find a way to do it from my phone with the cracked screen. I can't get to a sprint store for a few days but wanted to get those contacts transfered to my other phone in the mean time. I can get to the point where the CelleBrite Export button is on the screen but I can't activate it.
wchowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2011, 04:12 PM   #42 (permalink)

Great shortcut!
schwartzd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2011, 08:00 AM   #43 (permalink)

Hello there.

I've got a Pre+ with webos 2.1.0. Jay's tip don't seem to work for me : the phone only displays that there's an error with the USSD service. It's probably due to limitations of the cell network here in France. On the other hand the patch to email all the contacts as a vcf card doesn't exist in 2.x.

Is there another way to transfer all the contacts ? I want them backed-up before my screen gets totally cracked (yeah, I've got the USB connector crack flaw, lucky me...).
DigiNico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2011, 03:06 PM   #44 (permalink)

I don't see an option under contacts in GMail to import..All I see is Frequently mailed and all contacts,, No import function, There is one on the inbox screen but it doesn't alllow me to import anything
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2011, 03:57 PM   #45 (permalink)

Its in standard view thanks
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2011, 01:45 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jays_pre View Post
There is any even easier way. I did this via chat with Palm, because I want to have a backup copy myself:
1.) Dial ##66623#
2.) Tap Cellebrite Export
3.) When it is done, connect the phone to the computer
4.) Select USB drive then Open the Palm Pre drive
5.) Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is selected in your pc (folder options)
6.) Open the TEMP folder
7.) A file called "PIMmigration" will be inside the TEMP folder, copy this file to the desktop.
It will show one contact, BUT! now open your gmail, go to your contacts & pick more actions & import the vcard from where you saved it. ALL the contacts will move to Google/Gmail.
viola! done!
You can also turn on Internals, turn on show hidden folders & move or copy the file to /media/internals/. That can be done without using a computer.
bodyshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2011, 01:47 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiNico View Post
Hello there.

I've got a Pre+ with webos 2.1.0. Jay's tip don't seem to work for me : the phone only displays that there's an error with the USSD service. It's probably due to limitations of the cell network here in France. On the other hand the patch to email all the contacts as a vcf card doesn't exist in 2.x.

Is there another way to transfer all the contacts ? I want them backed-up before my screen gets totally cracked (yeah, I've got the USB connector crack flaw, lucky me...).
When are you getting that error? After you type ##66623# or when you try to generate the vCard by tapping cellbrite export?
bodyshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: kingyosh
Old 04/19/2011, 07:26 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
When are you getting that error? After you type ##66623# or when you try to generate the vCard by tapping cellbrite export?
I have the same thing as DigiNico.
I get the error when I type ##66623#. It sends the request and then says "USSD request failed. network failure.". Anything else we could do to export our contacts?
kingyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2011, 07:43 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
Nope dont worry. For GSM mobiles you have to write #*66623#. Then it'll work. Thanks a lot mate!
kingyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by msdavies, P356A
Old 09/05/2012, 04:15 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
There is any even easier way. I did this via chat with Palm, because I want to have a backup copy myself:
1.) Dial ##66623#
5.) Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is selected in your pc (folder options)
6.) Open the TEMP folder
7.) A file called "PIMmigration" will be inside the TEMP folder, copy this file to the desktop.
It will show one contact, BUT! now open your gmail, go to your contacts & pick more actions & import the vcard from where you saved it. ALL the contacts will move to Google/Gmail.
viola! done!
I live in Egypt and the ##66623# did not work. Is there another way to move my contacts & calendar to Google or Android? Thanks for your assistance.
Mohamed Naguib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 12:21 AM   #51 (permalink)

just one change to this for AT&T phones

1.) Dial #*66623#

Quote:
1.) Dial ##66623#
6.) Open the TEMP folder
viola! done!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0