Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    This is frustrating.

My Yahoo mail had been working fairly well (I've had some issues with the login credentials, but they always resolved themselves). Now it seems it's my turn to have the Yahoo headache.

My account was working fine this morning, then all of a sudden the emails I was trying to send quit being sent and were going to the outbox with an error notice popping up on my screen. I cleared out my outbox and removed the Yahoo account (which took a very long time). After that, I could not access any of my email accounts from the launcher, but it would let me create a new email. Creating a new email was still listing my Yahoo email address as the default, so I rebooted the phone.

After reboot, I was able to access my emails and the Yahoo account was removed, but creating a new email still shows the Yahoo as the default address, even though a different one is selected as the default under Preferences & Accounts.

I also have found myself unable to add my Yahoo account back. Every time I try I get an "Unable to connect to the mail server. Try again later." message. I checked my profile settings for Yahoo, and it has my linked accounts as Sprint/Palm, so it's not the iPhone issue. I deactivated anyway, just in case, but it still doesn't work.

I've searched the forums and have not found anything that I think is applicable.

Any suggestions???
    (thanks!)
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Same issue here. Who knows, maybe there "fixing" something.
    So now I am without email. Greaaaat.
    I am on the same boat. I've been having this problem since the 1.2 update. Whenever i have the issue i log on to the yahoo site from the browser to check my mail. I'm surprised that no one else has really made a big fuss about this.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I noticed that my battery was draining really fast since the 1.3.1 update. I removed all the patches and themes I installed since the update. Reading through the forums, I found one that stated the Yahoo contacts was the cause of the drain. I removed all my Yahoo accounts which have been ok except for battery drain.

Now I cannot reinstall the yahoo email accounts and is getting the "Unable to connect error". I will wait until later because yahoo or someone maybe trying to correct something.
    I have been on the chat with a palm rep for about 30-40 mins. If you switch over to wi-fi and connect to your yahoo account it should work. I removed my account, switched to wi-fi and then added the account again. I am still on the line and explained to her that there are others that have the same issue. Try that and post me back. I am still on the chat with her.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    I have been on the chat with a palm rep for about 30-40 mins. If you switch over to wi-fi and connect to your yahoo account it should work. I removed my account, switched to wi-fi and then added the account again. I am still on the line and explained to her that there are others that have the same issue. Try that and post me back. I am still on the chat with her.
    switching to WiFi now. I'll edit with my update.

UPDATE:
    I received the following error using the WiFi approach:
    "Unable To Sign In

Could not sign in to account.

The mail server responded:
    com.palm.pimsync.auth.YahooLoginException: Invalid security token: x xxxx x"

I don't know if posting the security token numbers is a security risk for me, so I redacted (if you will).
    Last edited by Lacerz74; 11/18/2009 at 02:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    went to wifi and it is working.

Update: I synced the Yahoo email accounts then erased the yahoo contacts. Now testing battery.
    Last edited by edtim48; 11/18/2009 at 02:23 PM.
    OK. try this I can only assume that this will work because it worked on mine. They are working on a fix for EVDO (I guess, but this is what I did)

removed yahoo account
    turned on Wi-fi
    made sure that the EVDO was gone and the wi-fi squiggles were at the top right corner.
    go into e-mail and add the yahoo account
    should connect and synch ---- you may even get an e-mail saying that you have linked your yahoo account with PALM SYNERGY

Post me back and I will continue to try and help
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I went into airplane mode and then turned on WiFi. Then I tried to add the Yahoo account. Same error.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I was able to add the Yahoo account back in, but the outgoing does not work.

I sure hope Yahoo and Palm get this fixed. My Gmail account is ready, all I have to do is send out the mass mail to my contacts.
    Somehow someway, EVDO will not send mail from the Yahoo account. It must have something to do with the update. Here is the kicker...if you switch to Wi-fi and send your information, the yahoo account will work. You can receive mail but you cannot send. I spoke to "Sandy" PALM PRE rep for about 45 minutes and that is how I was able to figure out how to receive e-mail. It is unfortunate to switch, but that is the case until a fix comes along. Has anyone else been working this issue, for a phone that looks this good, I have had to be online with them 5 times on different issues (one being a lie that the palm pre wasn't able to act as a modem). I love the phone, but the issues get old everytime. I am thinking about going back to the 1.2.0 but as long as I can download from a hotspot I will be patient...for awhile.
    I would try to completely reboot and then do it again. Then do two things: either put the yahoo address in and see how that works, or do it manually and go down to Yahoo in the selection.
    Just found out I have the same issues as the rest of y'all! I open a Yahoo email and reply and all I get is an error message that it can't send the email.

Hope we find a solution???
    +1
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I just tested mine. I can send email with wifi enabled but I get the error when I send it over EVDO. ARGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I travel a lot and need to send things over EVDO.
    Make sure if you are (re)creating your Yahoo account that you are not entering the settings manually as Yahoo and Palm use their own settings for all Yahoo (and subsidiary) accounts.

My email is receiving fine (and sent fine yesterday). But today I had a problem with an email erroring out and not leaving the Outbox. Hmmm... now I'm hoping it was a one-off issue. I'll try and send some more and see if I get errors too.
    BTW... has anyone else had problems with Yahoo calendar items not sync'ing? The initial sync seems to work ok, but then I can't get birthdays entered into the calendar (online) to sync to the phone. Grrrr...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I powered down and gave it all a go using the WiFi method and still get the same error. I'm just using the browser for Yahoo now.
    I'm having the same problem. My Yahoo account isn't working with EVDO. I have to use WIFI for it to work. Sounds like I should be grateful it is working at all with WIFI....
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edtim48 View Post
    went to wifi and it is working.

Update: I synced the Yahoo email accounts then erased the yahoo contacts. Now testing battery.
    I guess I have the same issue.
    I suspect its the whole synergy with Yahoo thing.

My battery is draining fast now. It used to last a day , now at noon its 20%.

I might have to take out the tweaks and patches.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast