Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just added an account yesterday before the patch that was sending and receiving normally. This new address was opened specifically for a craigslist sale. Worked wonderfully pre-1.3.1

Will I lose the 18 replies in my unsending outbox with an account removal and WiFi send "fix"?
    Has anyone been able to test this?

It seems the phone is continually trying to resend from the Yahoo outboxes, without luck. (and probably cause for tremendous battery drain)
    Yahoo! mail shows messages sent from the Pre as "replied to" yet are not in the sent folder, so as to be able to resend.
    Last edited by CritterPleas; 11/18/2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Update messages
    I have had issues with yahoo mail before 1.3.1. I don't think the update is the issue but it does seem to be happening more.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    ever since the new update I been getting yahoo login credentials errors pretty often as to where I hardly ever dd b4? any ideas anybody? I have remove the account and re-added it already still happening
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CritterPleas View Post
    I just added an account yesterday before the patch that was sending and receiving normally. This new address was opened specifically for a craigslist sale. Worked wonderfully pre-1.3.1

Will I lose the 18 replies in my unsending outbox with an account removal and WiFi send "fix"?
    Has anyone been able to test this?

It seems the phone is continually trying to resend from the Yahoo outboxes, without luck. (and probably cause for tremendous battery drain)
    Yahoo! mail shows messages sent from the Pre as "replied to" yet are not in the sent folder, so as to be able to resend.
    Go into your outbox and open an email. By tapping the drop down menu in the top left corner, you should be able to move the email to a different folder, such as drafts. I don't know if that will save the emails, but it's worth a shot.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Yahoo Mail: I'm getting the same error as y'all, and the emails just sit in my outbox. I am getting incoming mail though. Anyway, it just started today, so I'll give them time to fix it. Until then, just use the Yahoo Mail mobile website using the Pre Browser, which is actually really good.

Yahoo Calendar: This works fine for me as of the 1.3.1 update. I hated the workaround of "subscribing" to my Yahoo Calendars using Google Calendar, so this has been great for me.

Yahoo Contacts: As I posted on another form, this is the source of your battery drain, not to mention the annoying messages about re-entering your password. Remove your Yahoo Contacts until they figure out a fix.

Yahoo Messenger: Sorry, no opinion on this since I don't use it.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    +1... Can't send or forward emails. Haven't jad a problem until today... And I've updated to 1.3.1 a few days ago...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    My problem started today as well. I had sent a few emails no problem this morning, but then it quit sending right around 8:50 a.m. CST .
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykef View Post
    Yahoo Mail: I'm getting the same error as y'all, and the emails just sit in my outbox. I am getting incoming mail though. Anyway, it just started today, so I'll give them time to fix it. Until then, just use the Yahoo Mail mobile website using the Pre Browser, which is actually really good.

Yahoo Calendar: This works fine for me as of the 1.3.1 update. I hated the workaround of "subscribing" to my Yahoo Calendars using Google Calendar, so this has been great for me.

Yahoo Contacts: As I posted on another form, this is the source of your battery drain, not to mention the annoying messages about re-entering your password. Remove your Yahoo Contacts until they figure out a fix.

Yahoo Messenger: Sorry, no opinion on this since I don't use it.
    I deleted all Yahoo accounts. Using wifi, I reinstalled the yahoo accounts then turned wifi off. I then removed the Yahoo contacts which installs with Yahoo email. Battery is working fine now and I can send and recieve emails.
    Question: I removed all patches and theme before I realized it was the Yahoo contacts draining batteries. Should I reinstall the patches?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edtim48 View Post
    I deleted all Yahoo accounts. Using wifi, I reinstalled the yahoo accounts then turned wifi off. I then removed the Yahoo contacts which installs with Yahoo email. Battery is working fine now and I can send and recieve emails.
    Question: I removed all patches and theme before I realized it was the Yahoo contacts draining batteries. Should I reinstall the patches?
    Not sure, because I haven't reinstalled any patches since the 1.3.1 upgrade.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Was getting the Login Credentials rejected error before 1.3.1 every now and again, worse since the upgrade. Somewhat hacked because I used my Yahoo email for a lot of stuff that is different than my Gmail. Gmail works great....will have to try reinstalling my Yahoo account and see if that helps out. Hope there is a permanent fix for it coming down the pipe soon.

Edit: Tried reinstalling and it jacked up, won't connect...gets better and better.
    Last edited by DSPKweb; 11/18/2009 at 07:35 PM.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Ok, after having a Shaman exercise the demons from my phone I was able to get it to reconnect and readd my Yahoo account. Will update you if it has fixed the connection issue. Also once I reconnected it, it sent an email to my Yahoo account letting me know that it is synced and I needed to confirm the connection.

Also found that it is syncing with my Facebook account...theory might be that since Facebook and Yahoo are now integrated, it might need to be tied together somehow.
    Last edited by DSPKweb; 11/18/2009 at 08:05 PM.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edtim48 View Post
    Tried this and now I get an Error "cannot find the acount".

EDIT: did a shutdown and restart and it seems to be sending emails again.
    We'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.
    Last edited by dentz; 11/18/2009 at 11:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Whatever the issue was, it seems to have been resolved. I was able to reactivate my Yahoo account sometime after 5 p.m. CST yesterday and it's been working fine since... although now I'm getting the "Please Re-enter your password" prompt. That appears to be for the Yahoo sync only.
    I was running into this issue yesterday...but it appears to have been fixed.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Looks like it is fixed. Found that when I unlinked Yahoo from my contacts it helped as well with the speed and haven't had the issue since.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Looks like it is fixed. Found that when I unlinked Yahoo from my contacts it helped as well with the speed and haven't had the issue since.
    How does one unlink the Yahoo contacts?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    go to the "yahoo mail on pre" thread....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    go to the "yahoo mail on pre" thread....
    Thanks!

Now my Live account is receiving emails but not sending. That's dandy since I started using it yesterday when Yahoo wasn't working. f my l.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I think ALL the Yahoo issues have been addressed. I just re-added my Yahoo Contacts, and I'm not getting the re-enter your password message, and battery life seems fine. Crossing my fingers...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykef View Post
    I think ALL the Yahoo issues have been addressed. I just re-added my Yahoo Contacts, and I'm not getting the re-enter your password message, and battery life seems fine. Crossing my fingers...
    And then there goes my battery life again. Geez, can't win.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast