Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. gump666's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #1  
    i want to delete all of my Facebook contacts on my Pre. it is giving me a message that i can not delete them. i am sure that someone out there knows how to delete these. please help.
  2. #2  
    Synergy on palm only allows you to one-way sync facebook and yahoo contacts to the Pre. You cannot delete facebook contacts from the Pre. You have to delete the contacts from facebook directly...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    You have to delete the contacts from facebook directly...
    Why can't you open the contacts application on the Pre and remove Facebook from the list of Accounts?

    MRH
  4. plcd22's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMike View Post
    Why can't you open the contacts application on the Pre and remove Facebook from the list of Accounts?

    MRH
    that is what i was gunna say... if you want ALL of them gone that is! Once you are in "Contacts" tap the drop down menu and tap "preferences & accounts" then tap "Facebook" and "Remove Account"... that should delete ALL of your facebook info for contacts, the same can be applied to your calendar, mail, etc!

    Hope that helps!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    that is what i was gunna say... if you want ALL of them gone that is! Once you are in "Contacts" tap the drop down menu and tap "preferences & accounts" then tap "Facebook" and "Remove Account"... that should delete ALL of your facebook info for contacts, the same can be applied to your calendar, mail, etc!

    Hope that helps!
    +1 thats exactly how you do it... and for duplicate contacts you may link them together to merge all a contacts info because I know that the reason some people dont want them in there...
  6. gump666's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #6  
    THANKS. learn something new everyday about this phone..
  7. rcaryl's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #7  
    Palm should take a look at how it syncs with FaceBook. I have some friends on FaceBook that I don't really talk to outside of FB, therefore I should be able to pick and choose who I want synced to my phone.

    It is nice that when someone I frequently call, email, or message in my contacts that their updated picture automatically shows on my phone, what isn't nice is that a distant relative or my friends Mom is in my contact list when I rarely communicate with them outside of FB. FB already allows the usage of lists, Palm should adapt that, and allow you to sync a particular list of friends to your phone.

    Good idea? bad idea?
    Sony Clie th55 > Sprint Mogul (PPC6800) > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > HP Touchpad (I'm BACK AND LOVE IT!)
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcaryl View Post
    Palm should take a look at how it syncs with FaceBook. I have some friends on FaceBook that I don't really talk to outside of FB, therefore I should be able to pick and choose who I want synced to my phone.

    It is nice that when someone I frequently call, email, or message in my contacts that their updated picture automatically shows on my phone, what isn't nice is that a distant relative or my friends Mom is in my contact list when I rarely communicate with them outside of FB. FB already allows the usage of lists, Palm should adapt that, and allow you to sync a particular list of friends to your phone.

    Good idea? bad idea?
    good idea, I have a bad habit of just accepting every friend request so this would be helpful.

    But here's my question: Is there a way to take your contacts birthdays and sync them into your calendar? besides individually typing them in. I know you can use google calendar or something but I dont have that
  9. rcaryl's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by connuh View Post
    good idea, I have a bad habit of just accepting every friend request so this would be helpful.

    But here's my question: Is there a way to take your contacts birthdays and sync them into your calendar? besides individually typing them in. I know you can use google calendar or something but I dont have that
    Never thought of that, that would be nice.
    Sony Clie th55 > Sprint Mogul (PPC6800) > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > HP Touchpad (I'm BACK AND LOVE IT!)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMike View Post
    Why can't you open the contacts application on the Pre and remove Facebook from the list of Accounts?

    MRH
    Yes you can do that too!!! The way I read the OP, I thought the poster only wanted to delete certain facebook contacts, not all of them. In synergy, you have to sync all your facebook contacts or nothing...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Posting Permissions