1.    #1  
    Just bought the Pre. This morning, after about a pot of coffee and a couple hours of reading through this forum, I'm still not sure of the best way to transfer my photos to my pc. I'd like to hear some of your opinions. And is it true, that I can not use my Palm Desktop as simply as I did with my Treo 700p?

Your ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    In simple terms, you just hook it up and choose USB mode. It shows up as a USB drive, you can create a MyPictures directory, copy or drag-and-drop what you want. To me that's even simpler than Palm Desktop ... you don't need any extra software.

The question becomes, how do you want to manage this as you add pictures? If it's not too many, then just manually adding them is easy (and this is what I do). If you require some sort of "sync", to constantly check for new ones, then you may need some sort of manager app.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    In simple terms, you just hook it up and choose USB mode. It shows up as a USB drive, you can create a MyPictures directory, copy or drag-and-drop what you want. To me that's even simpler than Palm Desktop ... you don't need any extra software.

The question becomes, how do you want to manage this as you add pictures? If it's not too many, then just manually adding them is easy (and this is what I do). If you require some sort of "sync", to constantly check for new ones, then you may need some sort of manager app.
    +1 ^^
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    USB mode is the most customizable and easy by far.
    As a test, I just plugged my pre into my windows 7 box and clicked the picture import wizard. Did everything automatically for me, but then again it grabbed every pic on the pre, including text message attachments. Like davis.rob said, if you just want to grab your pics off, thats easily done, as I believe the XP importer works the same way.
    Like others have said, just mount it as a drive and all is happy. If you need a sync solution, that's what rsync is for :-) Actually, it is available for windows in the form of DeltaCopy. Not really familiar with the windows platform, sorry. Linux user with a Linux phone, go figure :-)
  7.    #7  
    Nice!! Got it!! Very much appreciate the help! Now gonna try to figure out how to get videos on there...