Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did the following, and it resolved my email issues...
    Press the Green Phone key.
    Tap Menu.
    Tap Preferences.
    Scroll down.
    Tap Update Network Settings.
    The device will connect to Sprint Provisioning and update the Data Profile.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ptgoddard View Post
    After the 1.3.1 update, I can't open my PDF files. I get "can't find application to open this file". What to do?
    I have been having the same problem. I talked to palm, and sent them the pdf's that I could not open, they tried them and could not either. I get alot of scanned pdf's that don't work, whereas some pdfs that are generated straight from a computer seem to open just fine. Are you having trouble with all pdfs?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm not getting email notifications for either email accout, MSN or Yahoo. Just wanted to add to the list of ppl having this problem. Maybe Palm will fix the problem if enough customers encounter this issue...maybe...possibly.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I am having all the issues mentioned with my pre currently. Have deleted all accounts and ran webos doctor. Neither option has worked. Also I sent out an email 12 times even though it said it did not go. Haha. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. For now I just delete and re-add my email when it gets "stuck."
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Since updating my GSM Pre (o2 Germany) to 1.3.1 yesterday, I am also plagued by this problem. I never get any email notifications anymore, only sometimes after having jump-started it by manually checking, but it won't stay, sooner or later it loses the connection to the servers again. I have two email accounts, one Google and one Fastmail. Both are IMAP and both are configured to retrieve the mails as they arrive (IMAP IDLE). This worked (at least most of the time) without problems with firmware 1.1.3, but since 1.3.1 it's a disaster.

Email "push" is the one thing I need most on my phone, it is much, much more important to me even than voice calls or SMS. I really cannot understand how Palm has managed to screw this up. And this is a Pre that has never known any patches at all, just a few homebrew apps.

Palm, please fix this ASAP!!
    I think that a great plan for all of us to follow is to flood PALM with our comments / complaints at their feedback web site, located at:

www.palm.com/feedback

If enough of us provide them our comments, hopefully they will reply with action!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    I am having the same problem. (So are some others in this thread: EDIT: I can't post the thread link, but look for something called "1.3.1 Email issues towards the bottom and you will see more of the same.)

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed, but I haven't seen a solution. Email is a big reason I liked the Pre and post-1.3.1 the phone simply is not as good of a tool because of this issue.
    MANY people are having this same issue and taking issue with the official stance Palm is taking on the subject.

Read this thread over at the palm support forums:

Post 1.3.1 update POP issues - Wireless Email - Palm Support Community

It contains a lot of info detailing the issue, Palm's stance on the topic, and palm pre owners' replies. At the end of the thread, one of the moderators suggests a pretty klugy work around. I haven't tried it yet, but may do it tomorrow. Just not sure I want to be shuttling my email out over the internet all the time just to use it the way I used to be able to with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Occupied View Post
    I am getting an error message when I send an email (gmail account) but the email does go out - 2 times! If I don't go to the outbox and erase the message it keeps getting sent and I keep getting error message.

Has anyone had this problem? BTW, this is post 1.3.1 update.

Thanks!
    Well, you're lucky...only sent twice. I just got an email from someone saying I've been banned from their email address, as they got an email I sent them 52 times. I sent my brother something 29 times. I guess when you get the error message that something hasn't been sent (even though it has), the phone puts the message in the outbox and keeps sending it, and sending it, and sending it.
    What a pain, having to remember to delete the thing from the outbox every time. And then if there is a problem sending, how are you supposed to know? Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCTREO View Post
    I have been having the same problem. I talked to palm, and sent them the pdf's that I could not open, they tried them and could not either. I get alot of scanned pdf's that don't work, whereas some pdfs that are generated straight from a computer seem to open just fine. Are you having trouble with all pdfs?
    To: PT Goddard
    It was mostly with scanned PDFs, but sometimes others too.
    has anyone here tried to use webos repair utility to fix this problem?? just wandering ,because i had an email issue a while back and running the utility fixed it immediately ......so maybe try that???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12