Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i tried missing sync when i first got my pre to get all my contacts and ical events onto my pre, but i was just annoyed by the separation of everything. i had my palm profile, missing sync, google, facebook, aim and so on but i just left it because i didnt want to hassle with everything. finally i got tired of the missing sync since i only had a trial and i wasnt really keeping everything synced on my pre and macbook, so i deleted missing sync off my pre. when i did that though it deleted a lot of the information that missing sync put on my phone. so now i am in the hassle i didnt really want to be in and looking online at all these different methods i have just made myself more confused and frustrated haha.

so my question is:

what is the best way to keep my address book and ical events synced? with out having them separated from my palm profile or google? (pretty much want them to be synced as palm profile or google. i feel too cluttered with a large number of synced profiles)
    Can iCal sync with Google (sorry don't know Mac)? If so then have iCal sync with Google and ditch the local sync completely. Or better yet...ditch iCal and just use Google calendar.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    it can sync with google, i just have to figure out how exactly haha. so thats part of my problem. so i need to figure out how to sync ical with google cal and then figure out how to keep my address book synced with my pre and ill be set. if only it was as simple as they make it out to be...
    You can synch your Mac address book, ical with Google and Google with Pre. I wish I could remember the steps but I set it up so long ago. I just did an internet search and followed directions. I have to say, it has worked almost seamlessly. I enter something on my pre and it shows both on mac and in google and vice versa. Just make sure that you set your default acct to google so new contacts will synch. Otherwise palm contacts don't synch.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    yeah, thats the part that has confused me. i tried one solution but just didnt seem to work and reading all these other ways im just unsure of which one to try that will actually work as you have had done.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions