708 Global Posts
    Why wasn't it re-enabled in 1.3.1?
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    You'd have to ask Palm on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    Why wasn't it re-enabled in 1.3.1?
    because itunes is garbage and palm finally realized it. use winamp or doubletwist. much better
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    hopefully palm finally gave up. it was always a losing battle.
    I doubt they have given up. They would have to offer some sort of statement as the Pre is still marketed as having iTunes sync on Palm's webpage.
    itunes is more than garbage. It is like excrement from elephant wasting space, time and energy from palm fixing the phone and other things. Hopefully palm realizes this and doesn't look back. If you want itunes, buy an iphone.

1.3.1 and things are still broke on the pre. $!#% itunes
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    itunes is more than garbage. It is like excrement from elephant wasting space, time and energy from palm fixing the phone and other things.
    Clearly, Palm does not agree. They believed iTunes was so good, the whole world had a constitutional right to it and hacked their way into the system because they couldn't provide anything better. I doubt they have change their mind about that.

Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    If you want itunes, buy an iphone.
    I'm with you on that. In fact, that is how it is supposed to be.
    they're not going to offer any statement. what do you want them to say?
    "We give up! They won!" That would not be in the best interest of Palm.

They just leave everything as is... They can keep their marketing just the way it is because they will forever be able to sync with itunes. Just have to read the tiny tiny fine print on the bottom in almost invisible color that says,

"Compatible with iTunes v8.2. Compatibility with future versions not guaranteed."

Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I doubt they have given up. They would have to offer some sort of statement as the Pre is still marketed as having iTunes sync on Palm's webpage.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    They can keep their marketing just the way it is because they will forever be able to sync with itunes. Just have to read the tiny tiny fine print on the bottom in almost invisible color that says,

"Compatible with iTunes v8.2. Compatibility with future versions not guaranteed."
    That will do wonders for their credibility. I'm pretty sure they could lose a class-action law suit that way.
    you do realize that is how it is exactly printed on their website now, right?

that's what tiny almost invisible fine print is for... "class-action protection"

That will do wonders for their credibility. I'm pretty sure they could lose a class-action law suit that way.
    Is there anywhere to get 8.2 anywhere. Or does apple pull all the old versions?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    you can go to oldapps.com and download itunes 9.0.1 which still works with Pre syncing.
    I've got a feeling that Itunes isn't high on their priority list right now especially with new options for sync the Pre to our music. An alternative is to use Doubletwist which will sync your Itunes library to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    you can go to oldapps.com and download itunes 9.0.1 which still works with Pre syncing.
    I've got a feeling that Itunes isn't high on their priority list right now especially with new options for sync the Pre to our music. An alternative is to use Doubletwist which will sync your Itunes library to the Pre.
    That's the way to go. Thank goodness there are people who keep copies of old installers...saved my **** when I upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit, and all I had was a 32-bit copy of the 9.0.1 installer!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Clearly, Palm does not agree. They believed iTunes was so good, the whole world had a constitutional right to it and hacked their way into the system because they couldn't provide anything better. I doubt they have change their mind about that.

I'm with you on that. In fact, that is how it is supposed to be.
    Not really. Apple allows ITunes to be used with many non Apple products. My computer works with it and its certainly not a MAC.

What other companies sell only to owners of that companies other products? Kinda like Kodak only selling their film to owners of Kodak cameras even though other cameras can use it just fine.