Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Pre Calendar does not show any of my yahoo events. It's it not synching. It has pulled in all my Yahoo Contacts. It is also frequently asking me for my Yahoo password. Has anyone else been able to sync the Yahoo Calendar? Any Ideas?
    Yahoo sync is only one way to the Pre. I am able to sync my yahoo calendar to the Pre fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just added a yahoo calendar from work and it won't sync either.
  4.    #4  
    yeah it is not sending anything either way. I would at the least like to have the info from yahoo sent to the pre. Does this work for anyone??
    Mine doesn't work either and I just deleted my gmail account for yahoo. Some synergy.
    do a google search for yahoo calendar beta. Sign up for that. remove your yahoo contact and calendar profiles from the pre. Then add them again. I just did this today... I think it's working as I created an event on the pre and it showed up in the new yahoo calendar.
    I just got an entry created on the Pre to sync with Yahoo Calendar Beta. I do NOT have Yahoo as my default calendar and set the category as Yahoo in the entry itself.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    do a google search for yahoo calendar beta. Sign up for that. remove your yahoo contact and calendar profiles from the pre. Then add them again. I just did this today... I think it's working as I created an event on the pre and it showed up in the new yahoo calendar.
    I actually did a Yahoo! search (or is it Bing now?!? ) for "Yahoo! Calendar Beta". I was signed up 30 seconds later and 60 seconds later my Calendar info was on my Pre! The new Calendar is very nice looking, too, and there's a new app to sync with Outlook available (which I have just downloaded but haven't tried yet. Will I now get every appointment on my Pre twice?) Anyway, very exciting that this finally works!

Yay for the Pre! And thank you for the heads up!
  9.    #9  
    Yes I did sign up for calendar beta days ago and have been using is since it was released. It just will not pull my personal calendar. EVEN STRANGER is the fact that I import my boyfriend's calendar onto my Yahoo calendar. The webos Calendar is pulling HIS info off my calendar (same color and everything) but not mine events at all. Additionally the phone keeps asking for my login ID all DAY like so many other people. Synergy is whacked.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Same here. I was already using the calendar beta (I didn't sign up though; yahoo just gave it to me this week). But I did as stated above: I used my Pre to go to yahoo calendar beta; logined in; removed my yahoo profile on the calendar app, and then waited...nothing so far. Over 5 minutes. Maybe later I will see the appointments. By the way, I had no trouble with Yahoo contacts. Problem there is that it took forever to sync them, over 2 hours, and I only have 479 contacts (a lot, but over 2 hours???).
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    UPDATE: I repeated the steps above, but this time found that my yahoo profile in calendar had vanished. I couldn't bring it back. So I reset the phone.

Then I thought something was finally happening: My phone told me it was synching with Yahoo. Since I had already removed the Yahoo Contacts profile, the only remaining thing to synch with Yahoo was the calendar.

That was Friday about 7pm. My phone continued with its synch that evening. Then continued all day yesterday (I had to leave my phone on the touchstone so it wouldn't drain). Then this morning it continued. I thought perhaps it was because I have been using Yahoo calendar for about 4 years as my primary calendar.

About 10 minutes ago the sync stopped. I got all excited about having my calendar present.

NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH.

Anyone out there have any ideas???? I bought the phone for this specific feature more than anything else, the ability to have others input into my calendar and have it appear on my phone without a wired sync.

I am pretty desperate. If by the end of the week it doesn't work, I am giong to try to port over my yahoo calendar to google calendar, which I know works just fine.

HELP!!!!
  12.    #12  
    man i bet that was frustrating. The one feature I need the most is the one that will not work.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I decided not to wait until the end of the week. I am now using google calendar. It works great. But I don't want the folks at google to get their hopes up with me. This is a temporary measure. I love Yahoo mail, and how their new interface let's me see my calendar at the bottom, ticker-tape style, and also lets me add appt's quickly. The beta of yahoo calendar is excellent. I am gonna hope for the best in the new few weeks that after the next update my phone works with yahoo calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Yahoo sync is only one way to the Pre. I am able to sync my yahoo calendar to the Pre fyi...

Just want to update this statement. YAHOO CALENDAR DOES SYNC! I setup an event in yahoo calendar on my Pre and then manually sync'd from prefs menu in calendar. It took some time, but several hours later the new event did indeed show up on my calendar.yahoo.com!! I then deleted the event from yahoo calendar on my desktop and then sync's my calendar profiles again on the Pre and the event was deleted from the Yahoo calendar on the Pre.

Thus it seems, webos synergy does support 2-way calendar sync for Yahoo, but only one-way sync of yahoo contacts to the Pre...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Adding and deleting one event doesn't prove that it works. After getting my phone, i added my google and exchange accounts. Very soon after, my phone had every appt, meeting, reminder for those accounts to see, edit, delete, add new ones, etc. When I added yahoo i got nothing. So my question is has anyone been able to add their yahoo calendar and have all their events show up with no problem and if so, please tell me how?
    I was able to add an event in the new yahoo beta calendar and it showed up on my pre, but it still won't show the events that are already on the calendar, or my work calendar that is shared with my yahoo calendar. I just deleted the accounts again (3rd time, all accounts (messaging,calendar,email)) and I'm giving up. When the accounts are added it constantly shows the syncing icon in the tray for days. Has anyone had an existing yahoo calendar work?
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    Has anyone had an existing yahoo calendar work?
    Thats what I'm trying to find out
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I do have an existing Yahoo calendar doing a successful two-way sync with the Pre. Been working since the day 1.3.1 came out. I'd been waiting for this upgrade for months since we use Yahoo Calendar Beta for work. We have multiple calendars on the account, one for each of my colleagues, and all are syncing. Changes I make on the Pre have been appearing almost instantaneously on Yahoo.

Beyond that, I can't be very helpful since I didn't do anything special to get it working.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Mparsons: Very interesting. I suspect that this is like many different pre updates; a new technology works for some but not others. I think if I had a new phone (I still am on my 1st pre from early June) that it may work. In fact, tomorrow if I go out shopping, I have a feeling my phone may fly out of my hand and break into pieces, coincidentially near a Sprint store, forcing me to get a new Pre :-)

an interesting thing I noticed: The calendar ticker-tape at the bottom of Yahoo mail (computer web-based, not on the Pre) loads as usual when I open yahoo mail, but within a half hour (sometimes just a few minutes) I get the message at the bottom that my calendar failed to load. Something is messing around with this, and it worked fine until I set up the yahoo calendar sync. I can't believe these two things are not related.
  20.    #20  
    I have been on the phone with Palm support 4 times now. The last time we wiped the phone clean with web doctor and then re-synced yahoo and google. It went surprisingly quickly but still no yahoo calendar. Everything else is working fine.

I have an idea what is causing the problem, Facebook. When I entered the yahoo email and password to sync at the bottom of the screen I could see "Y! Facebook Account syncing" WELL I had not entered any facebook info or clicked to add that account to Synergy. It has been doing this from the start really. MY Facebook login id is my yahoo email and I belive that is causing a problem somewhere. Does anyone else who is having problems with the calendar use Facebook?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast