Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tried it, but it doesn't give me the option in Yahoo calendar.
    maybe try erasing and re-adding your yahoo account on the pre. i believe it happened to me once at the beginning, had an event that was multiplying itself with no reason, and was unable to erase it from calendar online. i found no real solution at that time, since then i had to reset all the calendar to zero due to some other sync problems and of course that cleared out all my events, also this unwanted one.
    has anyone fixed the yahoo calendar sync problems? I'm only able to see ~3 months forward and back from the current date...very annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    Has anybody seen an issue where when you add an event to the Yahoo calendar on the Pre it adds several hundred or thousand copies of that entry? My wife has done this twice now, and I cannot go in and delete them all. It would take weeks.
    I have had this exact same issue. It is very frustrating to say the least! I have had to go back and delete some times 50 or so copies of an entry. From my experience, I seem to have isolated it to when I add a new event to a shared calendar that is not part of my Yahoo profile... My wife and I share several calendars... On her profile, she has our Family calendar which she shares with me... when I would add a new event from my Pre to her shared Family calendar it would continue to add a new event (it would usually add 20-50 copies of the same event before I would realize it and start to delete them from my Yahoo calendar from my PC). When I would add a new event to my own Yahoo calendar I had no issues. It seems that the issue may be something with the sync not seeing the event as something that has already been added and it just keeps adding it as a new event every time it syncs.

I have tried deleting my Yahoo profile from my Pre and adding it again, I've done a partial erase and none of these seem to fix the issue. My only work around at this point has been to add all new events from my Pre to my own default Yahoo calendar and then assigning them later to the correct shared calendar by logging into my Yahoo calendar from my PC.

I hope they get this fixed soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    has anyone fixed the yahoo calendar sync problems? I'm only able to see ~3 months forward and back from the current date...very annoying!
    if u read the post, as u've surely done, u should know this is not a problem, but exactly the way the sync is supposed to work with yahoo calendar. and it's not 3 months, but max 60 days, except for repeating events occurring in the 60 days backward and inward.
    why only 60 days? My life is scheduled out beyond 2 months. You would think if Palm wants the corporate world to use this phone, they would be able to sync beyond 2 months...or work with Yahoo to make it more compatible.

where does it officially say that the Yahoo calendar only syncs to 60 days? I may need to go back to syncing Yahoo calendar through Google calendar again.
    how do you sync yahoo calender through google calender?

yahoo calender works great for me, but I am a physician and need to enter dates beyond 60 days as well as my calender often has info re: future pt procedures. A little reluctant to let google get access to this info via their calender.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    The following is is from a thread I'm participating in at the Palm site forum; I had the same issue regarding the 60-day Yahoo calendar sync problem and contacted Yahoo. Here is their reply, it certainly looks like a Yahoo issue:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Calendar.

I understand that you are having issues syncing your Yahoo! Calendar
    with your Palm Pre Plus. I apologize for the inconvenience and I will be
    happy to assist you today.

At this time, the new Yahoo! Calendar does not support being imported to
    or exported from or synched with Palm. Stay tuned for news about future
    Yahoo! Calendar releases though!

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Calendar.

Regards,

Samantha

Yahoo! Calendar Customer Care
    Calendar E2Y
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    how do you sync yahoo calender through google calender?

You need a Google account and once you've set that up, you can sync yahoo calendar by saving the calendar as an .ical file onto the desktop and then periodically syncing that ical file to Google. It's not an automatic syncing process (from what I've seen) so it became difficult to periodically remember to save the .ical file and sync to Google. I've settled for the 60 day option instead.

if anyone knows of a better option, let me know.
    wow,so I sync my work calender, based on sun java calender, to yahoo, and then from there to google. Oye.

maybe I'll look into using outlook with the add on software for syncing or palm desktop.

really wish the palm profile would function like microsoft's my phone where I can access it and make changes online.

hope this is in palm's roadmap, otherwise cloud based PIM as they have been advocating is just silly.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Wow, I just got my Pixi this week and I absolutely cannot believe this is happening! 60 days??? Are you kidding me? How much money is getting paid under the table to Palm (and Yahoo?) by the 3rd-party sync software companies to NOT fix this problem? If the only solution is to buy $40 worth of Missing Sync or some other similar product, it makes me wonder. For pete's sake, my Centro could sync to PalmOS out of the box, but WebOS just can't handle it?

As much as I love my phone so far, this could be a deal breaker for me. Thank God I've got 30 days to make a final decision. Hey, I could even program that date into my calendar, AND be able to SEE it!!!
    tim
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    So I discovered something today. (I really didn't want to use the Google calendar, but Yahoo's only taking 60 days at a time is complete BS.) On my phone, I was looking at an event, one of the many that came over from my Centro. Up in the corner, it showed that it was from my Palm Profile. When I tapped that, it listed all of the other calendars I was currently syncing with. I tapped the Google calendar, and then left-swiped to exit that event. The color of the event changed to the color of my Google calendar. Within two minutes, it was updated online, into my (empty) Google calendar.

Just for fun, I jumped to next April, where I had my spring break plans already set up. I changed those as well, which required only three taps and one swipe each. Those, also, were sent to my Google calendar. In the span of the next 15 minutes, I changed each of those Palm Profile events to Google calendar events. They're all there now.

While it infuriates me that Yahoo is so slow at fixing their issues (which is why they were pummeled by Google in the first place), at least I now have a temporary solution to this 60-day "non"-problem.
    tim
    yeah so I have been using yahoo calender since I got my pre plus back in jan. the 60 day yahoo calender account limit didnt bother me until recently, when I started scheduling things 3-4 months out.

that plus the inability to search my calender entries was annoying, and despite my requests for devs for an app, there didnt seem to be much interest.

so i switched to google calender, as much as it pained me to give more info to google. but its working like a charm. plus, there's a free app in the catalog to do a google calender search.

so, that is my solution, and to be honest, its working great.
    hope yahoo some day corrects the problem with the 60 day limit.

i also hear over at the wmexperts sister site that hotmail will become an exchange account soon, so we should be able to use windows live's calender system soon.

sorry, yahoo, you guys are BIG disappointment from my view.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    yeah so I have been using yahoo calender since I got my pre plus back in jan. the 60 day yahoo calender account limit didnt bother me until recently, when I started scheduling things 3-4 months out.

that plus the inability to search my calender entries was annoying, and despite my requests for devs for an app, there didnt seem to be much interest.

so i switched to google calender, as much as it pained me to give more info to google. but its working like a charm. plus, there's a free app in the catalog to do a google calender search.

so, that is my solution, and to be honest, its working great.
    hope yahoo some day corrects the problem with the 60 day limit.

i also hear over at the wmexperts sister site that hotmail will become an exchange account soon, so we should be able to use windows live's calender system soon.

sorry, yahoo, you guys are BIG disappointment from my view.
    I saw your earlier posts. I think we are on the same page, feeling backed into a corner. It's either, accept Yahoo's lousy calendar, or accept Google's scary privacy policy. Hopefully, we are worried about nothing, but the future will tell, eh?
    tim
    The Yahoo calendar feature has worked off and on for me. However, right now, I cannot even get into my Yahoo calendar on my PC in either of my accounts. One of these accounts, I do not even sync the calendar. My wife doesn't sync hers. She cannot get into calendar when she goes to a pc. What a joke. I have to believe this is a Yahoo issue......again!
    Better yet, it sends me reminders on my phone which I can then update and change the calendar entry. However, when I bring up the calendar NOTHING shows up. Not even Palm Profile entries.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    The Yahoo calendar feature has worked off and on for me. However, right now, I cannot even get into my Yahoo calendar on my PC in either of my accounts. One of these accounts, I do not even sync the calendar. My wife doesn't sync hers. She cannot get into calendar when she goes to a pc. What a joke. I have to believe this is a Yahoo issue......again!
    Which is why I gave up and switched to Google calendar. While I am not a big fan of Google's privacy policy, I am even more so not a fan of a crummy product, which Yahoo calendar currently is. I have been (very pleasantly) surprised at how well the sync between my Pixi and Google Calendar has worked. For example, I was at the dentist today and made three new appointments for the future, two in the coming month and one for January. When I got home, they were right there on my pc browser window, and I didn't even have to hit refresh.

Good luck with your issues. Hopefully, Yahoo will get their act together before they lose all of their base.
    tim
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234