Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    pomokey, I am glad that you raised this question!

I THOUGHT that everything was working fine, but taking a closer look at my calendar over 60 days out I noticed that only SOME of repeating events were showing on my Pre calendar. It looks like only the repeating events that start in Jan or Feb and repeat out beyond 60 days show up on the Pre (I manually re-entered all of my calendar so I don't have any events starting prior to 12/31/2009). I also noticed there is a daylight savings time issue as well... All-day events show up a day earlier and timed events show up one hour early... Everything is fine on the Yahoo calendar.

So, I thought I would do some tests against the 60 day issue... I created an event on the Pre that was 61 days out... A little while later the event appeared on my Yahoo calendar. I then did a manual sync on the Pre and the event DISAPPEARED from my Pre calendar (still showed fine on my Yahoo calendar). Over the next few days I would manually sync my Pre calendar expecting that the event would re-appear, but no such luck. At this point the date was 58 days out... I decided to delete the event on the Yahoo calendar and try it again.... I created the event on my Pre (58 days out) and the same thing happened! Shows on the Yahoo calendar and then disappeared from my Pre.

I then tried creating an event on the same day from the Yahoo calendar... a little while later it showed correctly on the Pre and has been fine.

This is a major problem that Yahoo/Palm need to get fixed ASAP!
  2.    #42  
    Jschnider I tried your advice and it did work. I was so excited, at first. It's going to be a pain to reinput all the data but I can deal with that to get this to work. However now I'm realizing all the repeating events such as birthdays and anniversaries are not showing up at all.

If I put a "one time" event on either the phone or on my Yahoo via computer they are syncing but things that repeat do not show at all on the phone...even if they are just a few days away. I put some birthdays next week into Yahoo Calendar on the pc and it just will not show up on my phone. I have synced and resynced over the past few days. Only these one time appointments seem to be working for some reason.
    writetowade: "If I put a "one time" event on either the phone or on my Yahoo via computer they are syncing but things that repeat do not show at all on the phone...even if they are just a few days away. I put some birthdays next week into Yahoo Calendar on the pc and it just will not show up on my phone."

This is very strange. I haven't experienced this... only issues for events out to about the middle of March and later.

I contacted Palm support about this issue via chat and didn't get very far... We went through the routine manual sync, restart the Pre, etc. (which I had done 100 times before). Turning "Network Time Zone" off and manually selecting the time zone city did resolve the daylight savings time issue I had. The next step that support wanted to do was to do a partial erase, but it was getting late and I really didn't have time to go through this so I opted to leave things as-is for now... I may try a partial erase some time and see what happens.

Yesterday (about mid-day), the event that I had scheduled on my Pre (and immediately disappeared) magically appeared on my Pre calendar. It was then 55 days out... so, maybe the magic number is 55 days instead of 60 days? Btw, my wife's Pre calendar has EXACTLY the same issues as mine... the event that re-appeared on my Pre was from one of our shared calendars. It didn't show on her Pre before yesterday either, but now magically appeared.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    any updates?

my dad complained to me today about his calendar again. I took a look at it. it appears that events are syncing, then vanishing, and this includes events made for 2 weeks from now.

He has several duplicated events because he thinks that they are gone, so he re-creates them. then, magically, they sometimes show up, and other times don't. this is really a huge problem with the yahoo synergy, and it makes the calendar useless.

until palm decides to fix this, i told him to use m.yahoo.com/calendar . you should give it a shot, as it actually works rather well
    Last edited by pomokey; 02/02/2010 at 12:43 AM.
    I am still having the 58 day syncing problem with the Yahoo calendar. Besides syncing it through Google, then to the Pre, has anyone spoken to Palm or figured out the issue? it is pretty annoying that you can only see calendar events 58 days from now!!!

Is this just a "select" group of people having this issue or is this a known Yahoo calendar issue?
    I also have the same problem and am in contact since the beginning of october with Palm, but nothing has changed till then.
    Only thing i saw after the update is that when i created a repeated weekly event on the pre going well beyond the 58 days generally synced, i was able to keep it showing also on the pre. after weeks i created it i still have it both on the web calendar and the pre, till july when it will end.
    weird, but i cannot see instead event i had in my yahoo web calendar and that are planned for june.
    Also, the sync process was going fine from scratch, while with previous webos versions i always needed to erase all the calendar and recreate it event by event.
    Is something similar happening to u too?

is this a known calendar issue? well, have u contacted Palm too for this problem? in that case the question is fine, if not u should also contact Palm too, cause apparently from my talks with them, most of the times people complain on forums but then Palm don't get to know how diffused problems are 'cause they don't get direct calls to their support service and they don't forcefully read forums.
    palm is most probably going to post a better specification of how the sync will yahoo calendar works,being this dependent not specifically on just Palm settings, but also on yahoo beta calendar settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by memfel View Post
    well, have u contacted Palm too for this problem? in that case the question is fine, if not u should also contact Palm too, cause apparently from my talks with them, most of the times people complain on forums but then Palm don't get to know how diffused problems are 'cause they don't get direct calls to their support service and they don't forcefully read forums.
    do you have a link in order to contact palm?

It's pretty annoying that the calendar is sucking through yahoo's beta version
    to contact Palm it is enough that u go on their website and follow the link to support. there are many ways to contact Palm, from phone, to email, to the faster chat.
    being there no guarantee that they read forums, the only sure way to properly complain and let them know problems is to talk to their support.

however this is no problem, but exactly the way the sync is set to be for the time being.
    i can just suggest one thing to get future appointments show. if u have an appointment on 19july in example, today u put it in the pre calendar and it will disappear once u sync with yahoo. however, if u set this appointment as a recursive one, that is u say it is for today and for once more on 19th july, then it will show also on 19th july and remain synced on ur phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    do a google search for yahoo calendar beta. Sign up for that. remove your yahoo contact and calendar profiles from the pre. Then add them again. I just did this today... I think it's working as I created an event on the pre and it showed up in the new yahoo calendar.
    These steps do work. I had the same problem reoccur, but I think it may have been from the OS upgrade to 1.4 & 1.4.1. Yahoo calendar is syncing both ways now for me.
    I can't sign up for a yahoo calendar if I already have one. Do you mean to create a new yahoo profile? I tried the above and it didn't work.
    he means that if u still haven't signed up for the yahoo calendar beta version u should switch to the beta. no changes need to be made to the account u have, no new account needs to be created. just check if u already switched to the beta calendar of yahoo.
    If not do that. Webos is not syncing if u don't have the beta calendar version. But still, apart from the two-ways sync, switching to the new version doesn't make any change to the 58 days sync problem. Unless other people do have different experiences on this.

Let me know.
    that's what I figured. I have the beta and am very frusttrated with the 58 day sync only. I wish Yahoo and Palm would figure this out soon
    What I've discovered recently is anything I add to the calendar on the Pre for my Yahoo calendar gets added to the Yahoo calendar. However, if I go back later, it doesn't show up on the Pre calendar. It does however show up on Yahoo as well as when I bring up the Agenda app. I was looking to figure out what day a wedding is in July that I am in, and it didn't show up. So, even though I recalled adding it already, I added it on the phone using the Yahoo calendar. I went on my computer, and it showed up 3 times (means I had added it on my phone before). So, I deleted 2 of the entries, re-synched, and it still DID NOT show up on the phone. I added a new test entry this morning directly into Yahoo, and it didn't show up on the phone either.

I am in the process of deleting/re-adding the Yahoo account to see if it works. Next thing I'm going to try is change my default calendar to Palm Profile.
    Didn't work! I just added an event on the phone to my Yahoo calendar. It shows up on the phone for a brief moment. I check the Yahoo calendar on the PC, and it shows up, but then INSTANTLY deletes from my phone. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Is it possible that it only displays things a month out?
    hmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    Is it possible that it only displays things a month out?
    If u read the all thread and search around u will see that it's a general problem, and having told with Palm support, this is the expected behaviour, due to Yahoo calendar being in beta testing (on Yahoo side apparently, not for Palm of course, this is why it's Yahoo beta calendar).
    Non repeating events will not show up over the window of 30 days before or 60 days after today. repeating events will show up also over this window only if present in this window too, that means they repeat or happen at least once in this window of time around today.
    Has anybody seen an issue where when you add an event to the Yahoo calendar on the Pre it adds several hundred or thousand copies of that entry? My wife has done this twice now, and I cannot go in and delete them all. It would take weeks.
    I haven't seen that but couldn't you just delete the event on your computer and I think it would prompt you to delete all subsequent events as well...that would prevent you from deleting thousands of the same event.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast