Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    No luck with mine either. My setup is as follows:-

GSM Pre on O2 UK
    I'm using a free yahoo.com account not .co.uk.

Tried removing the facebook profile from calender but this doesn't help. Very annoying as the yahoo calender otherwise seems really good and much better than gmail.
    I don't have a fb so don't think thats the problem.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Writetowade: I added my facebook account when I first got the phone, but the email addresses I use is not the same. But I am wondering if anyone that has the calendar synergy working correctly also uses Facebook??? Maybe its any facebook account.
    Still not working and my email keeps rejecting me. Come on Palm/Yahoo. Get it sorted, this is supposed to be making my life easier. Maybe 1.3.5 will help.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Same problem...Yahoo! calendar will not sync. Pretty frustrating. I'm giving up at this point. I love my Pre but it's inability to preform some "simple" task is extremely frustrating.

I'll just watch the threads until someone comes up with a viable solution. Until then I will just rely on post it notes and the calendars I currently use.
    The Google calender worked for me, but I use yahoo for email and only want to log into one account.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ADDING INSULT TO INJURY: I have a 2nd yahoo account that I use only for shopping online (to help control spam). I thought I would try something out. I added an event to that account's calendar. Then added that account to my Pre. The event came right up! It worked exactly as advertised.

Now I wonder if it has to do with the amount of calendar entries. I have a lot of entries because it's my professional and personal calendar. I have been using Yahoo calendar for many years so perhaps Synergy can't handle the steer volume of entries, as it's probable that the old entries are added in as well as the new ones. It's just a theory, but I honestly doubt it will hold water.

But at least I have another clue in my quest to MAKE THIS WORK! Please someone at Palm or Yahoo, if you are reading this, HELP US!
    Every time I reset my Pre, I have to re-enter my Yahoo password. Like clockwork, I get a "invalid credentials" message. Why does this happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjburgos View Post
    ADDING INSULT TO INJURY: I have a 2nd yahoo account that I use only for shopping online (to help control spam). I thought I would try something out. I added an event to that account's calendar. Then added that account to my Pre. The event came right up! It worked exactly as advertised.

Now I wonder if it has to do with the amount of calendar entries. I have a lot of entries because it's my professional and personal calendar. I have been using Yahoo calendar for many years so perhaps Synergy can't handle the steer volume of entries, as it's probable that the old entries are added in as well as the new ones. It's just a theory, but I honestly doubt it will hold water.

But at least I have another clue in my quest to MAKE THIS WORK! Please someone at Palm or Yahoo, if you are reading this, HELP US!
    I opened a second yahoo account to try this too and what do you know, it works! Added event on pc, showed up on pre. added event on pre, showed up on pc. deleted event on pre and it deleted from pc. *** maybe I'll try to purge old calender events from my main yahoo account.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    d1sturbd: I did the same thing, used the YMAIL extension with the same thing before it. Worked perfectly. I suspect it has to do with the amount of entries I have, as I stated in an previous post.

So now I will start the long process of telling folks about my new email address...after the 1.3.5 update.
    I use my yahoo calendar just for personal use, my work calendar is through exchange. I didn't wanna use the new account I made and change email addresses. So I printed the year view from previous years in old calendar then purged the entire calendar and started over with success.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    d1strbd: that is a great idea. I am gonna do that right now, with one change: I will print the calendar, then purge it, then add events going forward, then add bdays, etc. on the weekend. Thanks for the great idea!!!! I think it will work. I will write back after I do this.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    A REAL SOLUTION!!!!! Albeit a bit tedious. This is for people like me that have many years of calendar appointments, and many appointments per day. This was the problem in my case: My calendar overloaded the Pre's synergy.

D1strbd, you should win a prize for putting me on the right track.

This is what I did, for those that have yahoo calendars that wont sync and that don't want to lose their existing yahoo address in order to take advantage of synergy:

1. Go to calendar.yahoo.com
    2. On the left corner find the name of your calendar and right-click on it.
    3. Chose EDIT CALENDAR
    4. On the right side, look for EXPORT and create a backup of your existing calendar. This is just for safe keeping. Then click SAVE to return to the calendar.
    5. Make sure you are in MONTH view. Print 12 months of appointments to capture your annual items, and then flip through as many months past and future to make sure you didn't forget anything.
    6. Do the same as step 2 and 3 to get to the EDIT view.
    7. On the right side, look for DELETE ALL EVENTS/TO DOS and click the delete button.
    8. Add a test entry from your calendar print-outs.
    9. Add your account to the Pre. If you had it there already, remove the account, restart your phone, then re-enter that calendar account.
    10. Once you re-enter the account, wait for the sync to finish. Be patient, it may take a few minutes.
    11. When the sync is complete, check for your test entry on your Pre. It should be there.
    12. Begin to re-enter all your appointments.

I know, I know: A lot of work to make this work. But for those like me with no real choice, it was well worth the effort!

For those of you that try this method, please let me know how it works for you! Thanks!

And D1strbd: Thanks again!
    great how to mjburgos. never been much for detail but that's what i did. export, print, delete. Then the tedious process of putting back in bdays/anniv and new appointments. Glad I could help.
    All this sounds pretty interesting and it is also what i did time ago to try some possible solutions. Although, sync with yahoo calendar was only working for the 60 days after the day i was making the sync. So i had appointments that came on my Pre from Yahoo just till the end of January.
    The day after i tried to put a new appointment on 1st february and since it was in the interval of 60days it synced that as well.

Now...nothing more is syncing, no way, nor if i change it on pre, or if i change it on yahoo calendar on web.

Customer care says they are trying to see what is this issue about, but it's not working properly since the beginning anyway. The only thing they said was about activating the beta version of the calendar, but i had that since long already.
    Another curiosity is that if i try to go via browser on the pre to the mobile yahoo, calendar is not there, there is a message saying they are making updates to make it nicer and so it's not available...can this also affect us?

Any of you had the initial sync working for appointments set over the 60days from sync?
    Any of you having problems syncing new appointments after some days it seems to work?

I need this to work, as I'd love also Yahoo contact to be in sync not just download.
    Anybody of u still with the same problem?
    are ur calendars perfectly syncing also over 60days window? are they syncing also past events like of 2 months ago or more?
    and all is always working also after some days?

thanks
  17.    #37  
    My calendar still does not sync correctly. It is connecting to yahoo and showing new calendars accounts but none of the events will show on either side. If I enter an event on phone it will not show on desktop and vice versa.

I was on the phone with Palm 4 times and got to level 4 but they have no idea what the problem is honestly, but they are aware of it with some users. I even tried the steps above but after doing all that nothing changed.

I was hoping this 1.3.5 update would help but it did nothing. I'm really missing appointments due to this problem and it's so frustrating.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. I have a google calendar account and a yahoo calendar account connected to my pre. My google contacts and calendar work fine syncing both ways, although sometimes i have to enter my password for google in order to have it sync (minor inconvenience). But no matter what I do I cannot get my Yahoo calendar to sync. It syncs all of my contacts (albeit only one-way) but will not sync any of my calendar appointments (either way). I've tried removing the account and resetting the phone and re-entering the account info and have tried the tips listed here, but nothing works. If anyone figures out a fix let me know.
    I had the same issues as others noted and the only way that I could get the Pre and Yahoo calendar to play nice together was to start with a blank Yahoo calendar, add the account to my Pre and then MANUALLY enter all of my calendar info on my Yahoo calendar (it was a pain, but has been working fine since).

Here is what my experience was...

First, my wife and I were both using Windows Live calendar and I decided to try to move everything over to Yahoo so I could actually view our calendars on our Pres (who knows when Palm will be supporting MSN)... So, I exported all of my calendar data from Windows Live, updated my Yahoo calendar (which was empty) to the new Beta Yahoo calendar and imported one of my Windows Live calendar data files.

When I added the Yahoo account to my Pre, it showed "syncing account" for HOURS... I knew that something wasn't quite right, so I went through the "remove account, reset Pre, add account routine" several times with the same problem. I then went into the Yahoo calendar and did the "delete all events" option under the "Edit Calendar" screen to start with a fresh (empty) calendar. Then I added the Yahoo account to the Pre and it was able to sync within a matter of minutes. Adding an event on the Pre showed up on my Yahoo calendar and vice versa. I thought all was good, so I tried importing my .ics calendar file again and when I tried to sync the Pre it was "syncing account" for HOURS again and would never show any of the new calendar events that I had imported.

I ended up deleting all of the events again and manually entering them instead and it has been working great since.

When I tried to set up my wife's Pre with Yahoo calendar I had the exact same experience and had to manually enter (instead of importing) all of her calendar data as well.

Now we have everything set up in Yahoo calendar, I share my calendars with her, she shares hers with me and our Pre's are pulling everything in fine.

Hope this helps others, so you don't have to go through hours of frustration!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    jschneider, is your calendar syncing past 60 days?

I don't use yahoo, but my dad does, and he's becoming extremely irritated by his phone as it seems to only sync about 60 days worth of appointments.

He made an appointment for the future on his pre, and it dissapeared, so he re-made it. both of them, however, synced to his yahoo calendar, but neither are showing up on his phone.

is anyone else having this issue? he has updated to the latest 1.3.5.1 and he is starting to get fed up with the pre. his phone also gets crazy warm, and his battery will barely last 6-8 hours with little to no use, and I think it's all due to yahoo synergy. he has used yahoo for years and does not want to switch to google.

I don't really know who I should contact about this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast