Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    if you've added your yahoo contacts with your pre and tried to set yahoo as the default account then you've had a suprise. yahoo can not be selected as the default account. i contacted palm about this and found that the pre will only pull contacts from yahoo, but not sync with. that is, you may not add a contact into your pre and have that info show up in your yahoo contacts...too bad, this is not synergy.
    Yeah it sucks... My facebook has gone by the wayside as well... Will no longer sync...
    Yes it has been discussed ad nauseum already that Yahoo sync is only one way to the Pre at this time because of the proprietary api yahoo uses...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Yes it has been discussed ad nauseum already that Yahoo sync is only one way to the Pre at this time because of the proprietary api yahoo uses...
    so who dropped the ball here? Palm or Yahoo!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    This Sucks!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    This starting be a theme for Palm.....releasing software when it is only half finished.....I hope they get their stuff together soon!
    Last edited by ksavoie; 11/17/2009 at 09:13 AM.
    I am pretty happy that they have been trying to get on board with Yahoo, even if it does take a few releases to get it right. Obviously it is on Palm's radar and they wanted to get it out in this update even if it wasn't perfect to let us know they are working on it.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I think you ned to look at the whole picture here, and realize what is involved in the software dev. area.....it isnt that easy sometimes to work with other developers and vendors.

IMO...Palm/Sprint are doing a much better job than AT&T/IPHONE did with a new phone and OS.

Be patient and dont throw out uneducated comments
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I am glad they are working on Yahoo Synergy, but in order to be educated we first need some sort of communication telling us this is just a beta release and to expect problems. Lucky for me I know about Precentral. Just think about the people who are wondering why their battery is going dead in 5 hrs and the calendar is not working and why Yahoo Synergy is not syncing like Google. With out some sort of communication it leaves you with a bad experience.
    to be fair you really can't blame Palm here. Even other online sync solutions like Soocial do not support 2 way sync on yahoo contacts because of the nature of the proprietary API's yahoo uses for their PIM. Palm can support 2 way sync in gmail because google uses syncML which is an open standard. I think Palm will eventually support full 2 way synergy with yahoo but if you really want blame anyone here it should be yahoo for using a closed proprietary standard...