1.    #1  
    Seems after this last update, the eMail app works a little differently. I have my account set to "Manual".

Previously, when I deleted an eMail from my phone, it would do a sync automtically to update my account.

Now, when I delete an eMail it doesn't automatically sync. If I hit the refresh button it does, but I didn't have to do that before.

Also, if I delete an eMail from the server (through Webmail or whatnot), the eMail REMAINS in my Inbox after a sync!! This is new...

Anyone else notice this?
    Last edited by insane42; 11/16/2009 at 05:46 PM.
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Seems after this last update, the eMail app works a little differently. I have my account set to "Manual".

Previously, when I deleted an eMail from my phone, it would do a sync automtically to update my account.

Now, when I delete an eMail it doesn't automatically sync. If I hit the refresh button it does, but I didn't have to do that before.

Anyone else notice this?
    Palm has indicated that this was a bug correction that they did on purpose to correct the issue of accounts automatically updating when a user had indicated that they only wanted to update manually (not automatically as it was doing). They intended the change you're experiencing.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Palm has indicated that this was a bug correction that they did on purpose to correct the issue of accounts automatically updating when a user had indicated that they only wanted to update manually (not automatically as it was doing). They intended the change you're experiencing.
    Ugh. Why do they fix the bugs I like, and leave the ones I don't? I can see why they did that, but I liked how it worked. HarUMPH!

Thanks for the info.
  4.    #4  
    Something else is amiss.

I send myself a test message, and it shows up just fine. I log into web mail and delete the message, but when I sync my phone, the message doesn't delete. That CAN'T be by design... I have sync deleted items to ON.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    It actually didn't work right. If it does now, good.

Mine are all set to manual yet it seems like every time it switched data network it would update email. Whatever triggered it, it would update.

EDIT. Just saw the Delete Email feature now. It's about time!!! Still doesn't fix the screwed up screen lock when on the charger.

I can't understand what Palm is doing. Each update brings promise, and it fails.
    Last edited by JKTex; 11/16/2009 at 04:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Something else is amiss.

I send myself a test message, and it shows up just fine. I log into web mail and delete the message, but when I sync my phone, the message doesn't delete. That CAN'T be by design... I have sync deleted items to ON.
    Same issue
    After 1.3.1 I had an issue where my emails were no longer deleting from the phone after I deleted them off the server, I tried to delete the email account off the phone to re-add it but it would not delete the account fully, It did delete all the folders but the outbox. I had no patches installed.
    So I thought I would run Webos Dr to have a clean install, Well, now all my email accounts(Comcast) only have out boxes associated to them. The gmail and yahoo accounts are fine. I have searched the this forum and others and googled my issue with no results. Does anybody have any ideas that may help.

------------------------------------------------------
    Got it fixed, Had to run webos dr again, Update to 1.3.1 again, and it let me delete them and re-add them.
    Last edited by Levi4u; 11/16/2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Fixed my issue
    well I can not open any of my emails what up with that?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    I really think they broke something here. If I have only 1 eMail in my inbox, and delete it, the mail count still shows 1 (until I sync). Regardless of whether I've synced, it should show NO messages, since there's nothing in the list.
    Which email engines are you guys using and are they configured as POP3 or IMAP?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Got my inboxes back but still not deleting from phone after deleting from server, Comcast POP3, As it has allways been set up.
  11.    #11  
    Earthlink POP3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    Got my inboxes back but still not deleting from phone after deleting from server, Comcast POP3, As it has allways been set up.
    Yeah, I just noticed that my pop emails are not being deleted from the phone after I download them to my computer. I really don't want all these emails sitting on my phone. I'm on Cox POP3.
  13.    #13  
    I just responded to a few posts over in the Palm forums...hoping a Palm person will see them and open a ticket (I've seen it a few times).

Is there an "official" bug report site or something to get these addressed?
    I just responded to a few posts over in the Palm forums...hoping a Palm person will see them and open a ticket (I've seen it a few times).

Is there an "official" bug report site or something to get these addressed?
    I am having the same problem. Time-Warner cable, POP3 Account. When I delete them off the Time-Warner "Roadrunner" Server, they stay on my Pre, but if I delete them off the Pre, they are deleted off both. Wouldn't be a problem if there were a mass delete or empty trash function on the Pre, but Palm has never put one there. Is there an official bug fix somewhere?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Same problem here, seemingly after the last update the other day. I have comcast. pop3. Very annoying!