1.    #1  
    Help!

I have been reading on the forums how the palm profile restore is not reliable. So I wanted to move all my contacts from the palm pre profile to google contacts. With help of a program here in the forums, I was able import my pre contacts into google contacts. (1450 contacts)

I look at my phone this morning and I see all my contacts are tripled. 3 of the same contacts. For example, I go into John Doe's contact and he has his information listed 3 times!!

Why 3 times? I know one is the pre contacts. The other 2 is google as I have been messing around with importing and it took a while to figure it out. Why are the contacts listed twice from google but when I go into google site It shows 1450 contacts?

I thought the google contacts wont show up unless you have google as the default profile? At the moment I have Palm as the default profile. How do I remove these doubles and triples?
  2.    #2  
    Ok, I figured out how to delete the doubled contacts. I went into google site and deleted all my contacts from there (no big deal to add them back now as I have the importing all figured out). I also deleted the google contacts profile from my pre so now I have just my pre profile with all my contacts. Its all back to normal.

My question is this:

Palm profile is my default at the moment. If I were to put all the contacts back into google, I will still have duplicate contacts?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I wanna know what program you used to pull contacts off Pre...thanks...
  4.    #4  
    Check out post 78 for the download link:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...ontacts-4.html
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    thanks much. just wish there was a better Mac option! haha
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    thanks much. just wish there was a better Mac option! haha
    Macs? Whats a MAC? Sorry, couldnt help u with that.

Now who could answer my question above?
    Last edited by myblackz28; 11/16/2009 at 12:48 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Im just trying to understand this whole profile thing.

If I sync my contacts with google, then I dont need the palm profile correct? Then I wouldnt have duplicate contacts?