Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    So there are alot of complaints about the recent facebook app.

    Lets just say it leaves a few things to be desired, lets see the strong points:

    1. Integrates with contacts seemlessly
    2. Photo integration (if you click a photo in the feed it opens it it album view)
    3. Speed (it's quick)
    4. Clean (more concise than the others in my opinion)

    So what is the chance of hacking/improving it like we do the rest of WebOS?

    For starters:

    Would be nice to be able to click through to friends photo albums directly without having to find an image they have listed in the feed. Should be a basic enough tweak.

    Any chance of this? Or is this all encrypted and such.

    Post your abilities to take on such an endevour and your own thoughts for tweaks to the official release.

    ThnX


    UPDATED HACK/TWEAK REQUESTS:

    -View Friends Photos Link
    -Notifications
    -Chat/Messaging
    -View Profiles
    Last edited by crossweb; 11/14/2009 at 03:37 PM.
  2. link375's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    #2  
    notifications, anyone?
    and messaging?
  3. #3  
    viewing of profiles?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  4. #4  
    all good improvements, this is V1 though I'm sure palm will make new versions....
  5. #5  
    i think they need to add chat, notifications and improve their photo album abilities.
  6. #6  
    facebook contacts cant be deleated..... that needs to be fixed NOW.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by thorataz View Post
    facebook contacts cant be deleated..... that needs to be fixed NOW.
    go into the contacts preference and delete the facebook account it you dont want any facebook contacts synced, if you need some of them then yes palm needs to let you be able to delete some contacts you dont want.
  8. #8  
    how would you propose they let you delete 'some' in a bulk fashion, it's all or nothing right now because how else would you do it... maybe use certain "groups" that you've set up on facebook? and only sync those to your actual contacts
  9. #9  
    but again i don't know why people complain about having so many extra contacts... doesnt hurt who's the n00b that scrolls through them anyways when you can just start typing... so who cares if theres 50 or 5000 the type ahead solves the problem of finding someone
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by morelloX View Post
    but again i don't know why people complain about having so many extra contacts... doesnt hurt who's the n00b that scrolls through them anyways when you can just start typing... so who cares if theres 50 or 5000 the type ahead solves the problem of finding someone
    to be fair... it does take longer for the pre to search for any similar names. If you have 20 James in your phone... finding the right james has some extra lag to it
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    to be fair... it does take longer for the pre to search for any similar names. If you have 20 James in your phone... finding the right james has some extra lag to it
    So type initials, or initials and then continue a little more of the last name.

    For example, if I have

    John Doe
    John Dover

    and want John Dover, I can search 'john', which shows both. I can do 'jd' which in this case shows both again. Or, you can do 'jdov' and it'll just show the person you want.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So type initials, or initials and then continue a little more of the last name.

    For example, if I have

    John Doe
    John Dover

    and want John Dover, I can search 'john', which shows both. I can do 'jd' which in this case shows both again. Or, you can do 'jdov' and it'll just show the person you want.
    my family runs deep same last name and same first initial... But yeah.i get what you mean
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So type initials, or initials and then continue a little more of the last name.

    For example, if I have

    John Doe
    John Dover

    and want John Dover, I can search 'john', which shows both. I can do 'jd' which in this case shows both again. Or, you can do 'jdov' and it'll just show the person you want.
    Thanks! I had no idea I could use initials and abbreviations.

    I love this site and my Pre. That is all.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So type initials, or initials and then continue a little more of the last name.

    For example, if I have

    John Doe
    John Dover

    and want John Dover, I can search 'john', which shows both. I can do 'jd' which in this case shows both again. Or, you can do 'jdov' and it'll just show the person you want.
    Heh, I didn't know about this, either. I always just typed the name. I didn't know about the initials and other ways. Thanks! (I hit 'thanks'.)

    /Kevin
  15. #15  
    I am able to comment on a person's status, or tap the Like button/link, but I am unable to update MY status using the new Facebook App.

    It accepts my status update and shows it below the TODAY line, but it greyed out and never shows up as a real status update.

    Anyone else have this problem? I've signed out and in and rebooted. It has happened each day since the update.

    Thanks in advance.
  16. ldpantoja's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #16  
    mine connected initially but now it wont connect at all.

    Any help will be appreciated!!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by morelloX View Post
    how would you propose they let you delete 'some' in a bulk fashion, it's all or nothing right now because how else would you do it... maybe use certain "groups" that you've set up on facebook? and only sync those to your actual contacts
    Yes, that would be the way I'd like to see it work... just use friend lists and let me pick which list (or better yet, lists) gets synced to my phone.


    As for the OP... my suggestion is a simple one. Enable the @mention syntax when updating the status.
    Tag Friends in Your Status and Posts | Facebook
  18. #18  
    Why is everyone complaining about the Facebook app? If you dont like to use the app just to go the FULL page. Just like on your desktop. You can chat and even do mafia wars right from your Pre. Wanna know how? go to facebook.com/home.php
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by texas_ags View Post
    I am able to comment on a person's status, or tap the Like button/link, but I am unable to update MY status using the new Facebook App.

    It accepts my status update and shows it below the TODAY line, but it greyed out and never shows up as a real status update.

    Anyone else have this problem? I've signed out and in and rebooted. It has happened each day since the update.

    Thanks in advance.
    Tex, mine is a little stranger. When I update through the app it does update on facebook....however, it does not show up everywhere.

    What I mean by this if I use the full client via the web I do not see the status update that is made via the app, but I do see it on PalmBook. To me this is strange and implies they are updating the status via a different API than PalmBook.
  20. ldpantoja's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    Why is everyone complaining about the Facebook app? If you dont like to use the app just to go the FULL page. Just like on your desktop. You can chat and even do mafia wars right from your Pre. Wanna know how? go to facebook.com/home.php
    Im not complaining, just would be happy if I could actually log in. The app itself seems pretty cool.

Posting Permissions