1.    #1  
    Is the new Yahoo contacts sync in 1.3.1 supposed to be 2-way or 1-way only? On my Pre I'm able to sync all the contacts (i.e., counts match) but am unable to set the Yahoo account as the Default Account nor add contacts to it.

I'm a long-time Yahoo user who ported to and ran in parallel w/Google once I got my Pre, so have experience syncing w/Google... and was hoping to just go back to using just Yahoo w/1.3.1. I removed the Google account, added Yahoo accounts to both Calendar and Contacts, synced them, now clearly have 2-way sync w/Yahoo calendar, but Yahoo contacts seems to be 1-way.

Is the above Yahoo contacts sync behavior by design/the same w/everyone else or is does anybody have 2-way syncing?
    Yeah yahoo contact sync is still not there. I don't find this surprising since two way contact sync with yahoo is problematic since they use some proprietary API to access contacts. That is primarily the reason why services like soocial.com don't offer 2-way yahoo contact sync either....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    *** is the point. I deleted my contacts from palm profile (and entered them manually into yahoo) so that I could keep everything up to date online. This is worthless if it's not 2 way.

Guess it's time to switch to google. Stupid, that was the main reason I was looking forward to 1.3.1.
    Yahoo is proprietary, google is friendly make the switch you will be happy, don't have the email attachment limits yahoo has either
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    *** is the point. I deleted my contacts from palm profile (and entered them manually into yahoo) so that I could keep everything up to date online. This is worthless if it's not 2 way.

Guess it's time to switch to google. Stupid, that was the main reason I was looking forward to 1.3.1.
    Hopefully Palm will enable this shortly though...give them some time. I also use yahoo as my main email service and have been using google for contacts sync. I've been avoiding using the palm profile after hearing all the horror stories of people losing their contact info...

Eventually, I want to be able to sync my contact info across all my services including yahoo, google, hotmail, exchange etc. I want my pre to sync and update all my profiles simutaneously...not to just one default profile...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Hopefully Palm will enable this shortly though...give them some time. I also use yahoo as my main email service and have been using google for contacts sync. I've been avoiding using the palm profile after hearing all the horror stories of people losing their contact info...

Eventually, I want to be able to sync my contact info across all my services including yahoo, google, hotmail, exchange etc. I want my pre to sync and update all my profiles simutaneously...not to just one default profile...
    Yeah I'm looking for the same. I guess I'll use google for now and if Palm ever fixes it I'll move everything back to Yahoo.

Are calendar events 2-way for yahoo?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    since the new update yea it shows yahoo as an account u can add now but it doesnt sync at all it just says signing in 4ever until it times out im i the only one getting this ...???
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    srry for the post found my answer in another forum on here
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    While I'm super-happy I have the ability to chat with yahoo im and add yahoo contacts, I've found I cannot set yahoo as the default account for contacts.

I have 5 accounts:
    Palm Profile
    Exchange
    facebook
    Google
    Yahoo

But I can only choose Palm Profile, Exchange, or Google as the default account for contact synch. Any word on when we can use Yahoo for this purpose?
    <merged>

Currently, synergy only supports one-way sync on the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    <merged>

Currently, synergy only supports one-way sync on the Pre.
    Just to clarify, even though I know the subject of this whole post is Yahoo anyway...For Yahoo it's one-way only.